SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

The proper Station in Exeter:

post-2326-0-09890400-1517251740.jpg

post-2326-0-74578000-1517251766.jpg

post-2326-0-59871100-1517251784.jpg

post-2326-0-98124700-1517251813.jpg

post-2326-0-89635700-1517251838_thumb.jpg

that Signalman in Box B spent his whole day, every day at that window.....................

....and finally, as a special piece of entertainment for a Monday evening.

post-2326-0-61490900-1517252062.jpg

Such a nice target. Such a doable backscene.

T. Otum

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

I thought the 'proper' station in Exeter was St Davids....

Nope, St David's was miles away (almost in Topsham) and only became more interesting due to the Paddington pen pushers writing off the proper main line in 1963. :triniti: Sadly they had forgotten how it was also used as a swimming pool fairly frequently and they had almost demolished the Engine Shed by 1965 (silly billys).

Phibber.

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Broadly speaking for bit more atmos I quite like this one too....

attachicon.gifex.jpg

I.K.B

Ok I suppose, but made mostly of Balsa and papier mache. Kept dissolving in the floods. Was very clean in the early days due to the Vacuum.

Noah Nothing

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

The posty will think it is a cap.

This is one package (no sniggering please) that I shall be pleased to show to SWMBO ( I said NO sniggering .......) :blind:

Pimp

Does it include a bonus gift ruler or was that just a marketing gimick in the photo?

It's not quite cap size and no gimmicks were included, apart from the paper plan.

Ok I suppose, but made mostly of Balsa and papier mache. Kept dissolving in the floods. Was very clean in the early days due to the Vacuum.

Noah Nothing

I understand it to have been spliced wooden pirates legs brought up from the Basin after the Battle of Exmuff Harbour and stuck together with flour paste and old frocks from the Nicky Nacky Noo Shop in Fore Street..... I may be wrong though ?

Dr. N.O.Bu££erall

The proper Station in Exeter:

attachicon.gif3851899451_a097abf404_z.jpg

attachicon.gif1ebcc277cc9cf1ceae3d653912b5e811.jpg

attachicon.gif30955.jpg

attachicon.gifexeterwc.jpg

attachicon.gif8717846753_07e66e7791_b.jpg

that Signalman in Box B spent his whole day, every day at that window.....................

....and finally, as a special piece of entertainment for a Monday evening.

attachicon.gif30045 Seaton Jct Stn target 8-62_s.jpg

Such a nice target. Such a doable backscene.

T. Otum

More my era although the Warship, or whatever it was wouldn't be there yet!  Central doesn't seem right these days with the large gap between tracks!

Brian.

• RMweb Premium

Hmm, it's not as simple as that, Spams old fruit.

Has your cushion been checked over by the Naughty Step Cushion Inspectorate and given a Certification Label to confirm that it's been officially inspected, conforms to Naughty Step Health & Safety Regulations and is, therefore, safe for you to use? You can check whether it has or not, as it should have a little stickly label affixed to an inconvenient portion of the fabric.

What a lovely word. I look forward to using it myself one day.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I had an email today which included a washing plant for deaseals and a tin of american meat product.

Didn't some geezer called Captain Tim leave those big boxes on the beach.

In fact didn't he and all the other guys in orange do a good job and very speedily :yes: :imsohappy: :yes: :imsohappy: :yes: :imsohappy:

• Like 1

Having been off line for a few days I decided to catch up, but didn't realise my browser took mr back to the last page I viewed on here.

As a result much of what I read this morning had already been seen in my emails as I travelled the length and breadth of the country on business.

However I reapplied two things about this thread:

1) It's like a children;sbook - much better with the pictures

2) It's like a great novel - every time you read it you find something new!

Well done all!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I had an email today which included a washing plant for deaseals and a tin of american meat product.

I observe that the rebuild included Meldon Viaduct and Oaky! Must have missed that. CK's little secret diversionary route eh?

Phil 

• RMweb Premium

The posty will think it is a cap.

This is one package (no sniggering please) that I shall be pleased to show to SWMBO ( I said NO sniggering .......) :blind:

Pimp

It's a good job it's not coming from the Netherlands; the posty might think it's a Dutch cap.