SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Well I caught up with the thread at just gone zzz o'clock last night! I popped back now to say hello properly, and found another new half page or so of the usual entertaining interjections and commentary. So, having read through those I have a few moments left (before the Countryfile weather starts) to do the hello.

I was first alerted to the wonders of the SOS thread a few months ago by a response from someone (a SOHF sufferer) to someone else (an enlightened poster) along the lines of "this is a serious thread on a serious forum; if you want to post stuff like that you belong on the SOS junction thread". "Well", I thought, "SOS Junction looks like it is worth investigating".

So for the last few months the spare moments waiting around have been filled with the delights of seeing a model railway take shape, and the chatting around which used to take place in the fun model railway clubs (or was that when I was too young to understand that model railways are SERIOUS?)

So having been a temporary employee a few years ago in Seaton itself, and being a bit interested in the LSWR/Southern/BR(S) (as you wish) (as well as a bit interested in the company to the west of the LSWR, but I won't mention them here at the moment), I also found the railway stuff to be interesting too.

I particularly like the commentaries on the various track, pointwork, and 00/EM/P4 threads. I have found that the 16.5mm track is perfect for modelling metre gauge in S scale, so I'm rather well up on the use of Pecoboo track (and latterly the old Wrenn fibre-based track) as well as building my own where the proprietary stuff just won't fit. Of course, the 'proper model railway or don't do it at all' brigade wouldn't give me a glance at any show because my efforts are all of forrin stuff. It entertains the families though.

So, I've enjoyed the thread, like the banter, and am learning the difference between the fun stuff and the nasties out there. I've also learnt that I shall have to watch SWMBO's prog tonight about the midwives, and not doze through it as per usual, or else I'm in danger of not 'getting' some of the more subtle comments and illustrations which fill in the minor pauses between modelling reports.

More power to your elbow Mr Duck! Oh, and careful with those frogs!

Dave (croak)

I hope you have also noticed that despite some 'sillyness', this thread (as do some others) has acted as serious rehabilitation during times of trouble. As for those that think this isn't a serious thread, well it takes all sorts and they can wibble away elsewhere as often as they like. 

During the next couple of weeks it is highly likely that activity might well take place. can't say what or where, but activity will take place. It may or may not include a burst of coach hacking or possibly examination of the interanlas of a Nelson. It is higly unlikely to be the continuation of the construction of some Loco Kits and ceratainly not the start of one of those beasties. So Croaky old bean, sit back and enjoy the ride an feel free to post more or less anything that isn't P4. Oh, by the way, spelling is tolerated and use of grammar is forgiven.

Goodnight.

Duck.  

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Me, I enjoy a good bit of banter and lightheartedness. There's loads of heavy, serious, not very nice things in the world and a bit if humour goes a long way to improve matters.

There's a man singing from the Sweet hymn sheet. 

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Sorry, here's another one...

First base cut, and second marked out.

attachicon.gif20180128_115005.jpg

attachicon.gif20180128_115745.jpg

Mind you, I can't go on the naughty step as Spams has his hospital bed on there...

Ooohhh, when that arrives I can go and wave my long thing around and test the clearances.

I am ashamed to admit that I found a Spam this morning and could not resist................another 72A Modified Pacific.

P. Lonker

Hi Stu

Make a third because Señor Pato could well mislay it only to discover it after he has found he has the whole class of H16 stashed away some where safe, that is all six of them. :no: :no:

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Stu

Make a third because Señor Pato could well mislay it only to discover it after he has found he has the whole class of H16 stashed away some where safe, that is all six of them. :no: :no:

How many locos have you got hidden in your biscuit tin then, Phil?

Edited by Captain Kernow

• RMweb Gold

It's OK, I've brought my own cushion.

Hmm, it's not as simple as that, Spams old fruit.

Has your cushion been checked over by the Naughty Step Cushion Inspectorate and given a Certification Label to confirm that it's been officially inspected, conforms to Naughty Step Health & Safety Regulations and is, therefore, safe for you to use? You can check whether it has or not, as it should have a little stickly label affixed to an inconvenient portion of the fabric.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The box is still there, not sure what it's used for these days (never did find out when I was working, either).

I do remember a meeting, though, when the local community rail group at Barnstaple were wondering aloud whether it could be moved and re-erected at Barnstaple! Would look nice there, although too costly to move, I'd have thought.

I think it's empty and not used for anything now, although it wasn't in bad condition last time I looked.

• Like 1

Which box, the top or bottom one and is the trolley still there as well?

A Mazon.

Here you go, taken today if it helps ?

post-20303-0-33987500-1517239408_thumb.jpeg

post-20303-0-99456100-1517239429_thumb.jpeg

I did look for the trolley but I believe it's been taken to Hexmuff For a make over :)

Pica Lick

Edited by bgman
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I know not whether any of you heard these coming up the bank? There was one time about 1961 or '62 when a Ballast came up with an N, piloted by a Z with two Z's on the back. The noise and exhaust display was probably the best I've seen there; volcanic in the extreme. Happy days of clean air and Fruit Pies. I'm not sure if that wasn't the train that then left with an Arthur on the front.........too long ago.

Phart

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

There's a man singing from the Sweet hymn sheet. 

Sweet were good at promoting different activities through their songs. A few examples:

Ballroom Blitz = Dancing

Fox on the Run = Hunting

Wig Wam Bam = Camping

Hell Raiser = Devil worship

Blockbuster = Watching videos

Alexander Graham Bell = Phone s**

• Like 1