SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Who cares?

E. Schrödinger.

Far too high brow for this thread.......(and I didn't do anyhthing there as I just couldn't find anything appropriate.......................https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7sKqlM4LZg)

and for all those P4 modellers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkVpMAbNOAo

What's my name?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Good morning. Anything nice out there today? I thought you might need to know that this morning I have a very long one indeed. I shall be putting it to the test in about half an hour.

Also do not let anyone trick you into thinking DCC requires just two wires. Seemingly it requires at least 6.

On the modelling front I do have to say that Spam's old layout (that is, the layout that used to be Spam's and Co.), was it Tregorroan or something, don't half give one aspirations.

Also, converting two old style Baccy Nelsons to DCC is going to have to be attempted (well maybe just the one) from what I have been informed. Ummmmm!

So, long one in hand, I must go upstairs.

Jeg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Could be Hexmoth IIRC. Nice Viaductus wot I have not had a chance to research.

You may like to know that my new long one (4 Metres) works fine up The Junction and I shall probably buy another one.

Available on line for discreet purchase.

Phingy

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Could be Hexmoth IIRC. Nice Viaductus wot I have not had a chance to research.

You may like to know that my new long one (4 Metres) works fine up The Junction and I shall probably buy another one.

Available on line for discreet purchase.

Phingy

It is indeed sir. What a shame one can no longer get a train to Budleigh or Sidmouth across it :(

• RMweb Premium

Good morning. Anything nice out there today? I thought you might need to know that this morning I have a very long one indeed. I shall be putting it to the test in about half an hour.

Also do not let anyone trick you into thinking DCC requires just two wires. Seemingly it requires at least 6.

On the modelling front I do have to say that Spam's old layout (that is, the layout that used to be Spam's and Co.), was it Tregorroan or something, don't half give one aspirations.

Also, converting two old style Baccy Nelsons to DCC is going to have to be attempted (well maybe just the one) from what I have been informed. Ummmmm!

So, long one in hand, I must go upstairs.

Jeg

Treneglos old fruit.

Will be appearing in BRM in April.

• Like 3

Treneglos old fruit.

Will be appearing in BRM in April.

I'm sure I saw it for the first time at the Barnstaple exhibition in 2014. Lovely layout.

• RMweb Premium

Will the paint be dry by then?

For those wondering what Stu is on about...

Damian had a slight problem with the tin of green paint he used to paint the fascias. It took several years* for the paint in some locations to stop leaving a sticky trace on your hands, clothes etc. 

As such one of the layout's nicknames was "Tacky Gloss". 

(*the time period may be an urban legend but you get the picture - it certainly took much, much longer than it said on the tin) 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

:offtopic:  Off topic I know but I came across this photo I wondered if you had seen it or not.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/85515-queen-mary-brake-van-where-did-they-run-c1960/

See post No12 :declare:

I would say that is well off topic....this about good old southern Nelly Nelsons and Meat Tins and rebuilt Bulleyes not G*R HyMicks.

I was helping on my friend's P4 layout and we had a re-wheeled Tri-ang Hymek, one of the few locos that didn't fall off the track. :mosking:  It was about the time Heljan announced their model and I was asked a few times was it the new Heljan model. :dontknow: To which I told the enquirers, "Yes it is a preproduction one, but don't tell anyone because we are testing for Heljan". :secret:

The Tri-ang model was a very good reproduction of the prototype, just Heljan done better.

• Like 2