SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

This afternoon I am going to find my two Nelsons dans le grenier jusqu'à la jonction, to check they work on DC. If they do I might study the 'how to convert them to DCC' thread just for fun and to save me a load of dosh at the end of March. If they don't I shall consider their fate.

Philth

jusqu'à la jonction

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

If they don't I shall consider their fate.

How much?

Might make the old man an excellent birthday present in May, he'll be 80... and still a babe magnet :)

He was very fond of his uncle Fred* (of Eastleigh works) who came home one day to announce he'd "been cleaning out Lord Nelson's pistons" to much amusement in the household.  

*During WWII, as I'm sure you're aware. children were sent from our cities as evacuees to the countryside.  Now coming from the family I do, my dad and his sister were sent from the very rural village of Paulton in Somerset to live in Eastleigh, Southampton at the height of the blitz (a doodle bug landing in the road directly outside at one point during his stay).

Don't ask ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Fireball XL5

Remember this character ?

attachicon.gifZoonie-01.png

Oh yes. What was the catch phrase they used? I only remember "pressure up Puss" from some other weird puppet show thingy.

Well, I have a dirty Sir Francis Drake (renumbered item as bought from somewhere I can't remember), that works fairly well and an as packaged Lord Anson that looks far too clean but works as smootly as a pair of baps in a huddle. I'd be happy to let either go really and replace it with a new one.

Accidentally I had to test out several other items, including a Teddy Bear Standard 4 Tank that I think I got from Spams? Nice and smooth.

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

If France is so bad why is Dudders living there? What has he done wrong?

Today I went to a very nice model railway modellers day put on by the DEfine group in Risley, its near Toton sidings. It was all diesels, I can't recall seeing an electric loco or unit. Some top class modelling and a relaxed atmosphere to have a chat.

• Like 2

That is Dr Beaker and i claim my five pounds.

Where's Professor Popkiss?

In one John, the white fiver will be in an envelope.  :paint:  I just need to finish off the portrait on the back.

I won't be able to post it until next Sheffield Wednesday I'm afraid.

• Like 1

If France is so bad why is Dudders living there?

I heard that the first time He went, He had an Umbrella which had a pointy end.

The French all immediately surrended at the sight of the fearsome weapon and now France belongs to Dudders.

It would be rude of him not to at least spend a little time there.

• RMweb Gold

I heard that the first time He went, He had an Umbrella which had a pointy end.

The French all immediately surrended at the sight of the fearsome weapon and now France belongs to Dudders.

It would be rude of him not to at least spend a little time there.

Crikey! I do have a red and black Ferrari umbrella, but the pointy end is bent!

Women have been known to pale at the sight of my fearsome weapon. Men generally don’t get to see it. Except my urologist.

In fact, in 2017 I spent less time in France than any year since moving here in 2004, due to other duties in the UK. Mon ami M. Macron was quite disappointed. So I made up for it by letting them give me an angiogram. And a tax refund because the £ is so crap.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Crikey! I do have a red and black Ferrari umbrella, but the pointy end is bent!

Women have been known to pale at the sight of my fearsome weapon. Men generally don’t get to see it. Except my urologist.

In fact, in 2017 I spent less time in France than any year since moving here in 2004, due to other duties in the UK. Mon ami M. Macron was quite disappointed. So I made up for it by letting them give me an angiogram. And a tax refund because the £ is so crap.

Is an Angiogram a Digital version of a Radio Gram?

Viva la differance. 

P. Oirot

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Forgot to mention the couple of Schools I found yesterday. They were not Acadamies or similar silly ideas, but Vs. I tested one and it were smooth, looked good and it is the first time I've really had a good look at one. In 'real' life I only ever saw them at Reading South Shed, but I have the evidence of their attendance at The Junction. I would appreciate it if anyone has experience of adjusting the balance as they do seem a little front heavy.

Phi

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Being as everyone else seems to have avoided it - Zoony! Do I get a free half-nelson?

Now I've remembered "Shackles away Samuel", wherever that was from, however I still can't remember the Fireball XL5 phrase as they were about to take off or something. Maybe it wasn't that programme? Perhaps it was Supercar?

P

• RMweb Premium

Now I've remembered "Shackles away Samuel", wherever that was from, however I still can't remember the Fireball XL5 phrase as they were about to take off or something. Maybe it wasn't that programme? Perhaps it was Supercar?

P

Gamma rays on, Yobba rays on!