SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

I negotiated the Archy Trumpet just the once, many years ago, as a pedestrian. That explains a lot. I believe there are actually tunnels under the yellow bit(s) that one should use if walking.

I like France. I think their Revoloutions are entertaining, except for one which was very miserable.

Philippe

France is OK, it's just some of the inhabitants, that's the problem! "Let them eat cake!!"

Edit for clumsy fingers.

Edited by Siberian Snooper
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I have a lot of time for our French neighbours due to the sort of thing seen in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Train_(1964_film)

OK, some of the poulation are a bit 'different' but take a look around your local area (no one in particular, just anyone take a look around [say] Chulmleigh or Ascot).Viva la Difference mon amis.

Say Zanne 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I even like this sort of thing.............attachicon.gif29013.jpg

attachicon.gifbrigitte-bardot-400_0.jpg

attachicon.gifdownload.jpg

Wee Willy.

But the smoking thingy at the top is Belgian - do you like them too?  (only eating place that I've ever been with various different sorts of steaming engine valvegear on the wall - SNCB canteen dining room at Bruxelles Midi).

By the way I wonder where Boris will put his bridge - I presume he hasn't looked at this which shows the main separation lanes in the Channel (although it doesn't show the inshore lanes) - not much room for a bridge.  and he doesn't seem to have thought about what happened to the Severn railway bridge - and at least the ship which hit that actually had people on its bridge trying to navigate it unlike some of the ones going up & down the Channel at a considerable rate of knots.  And it can get a busy as the container ships race each other -

post-6859-0-83113600-1516387641_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

But the smoking thingy at the top is Belgian - do you like them too?  (only eating place that I've ever been with various different sorts of steaming engine valvegear on the wall - SNCB canteen dining room at Bruxelles Midi).

By the way I wonder where Boris will put his bridge - I presume he hasn't looked at this which shows the main separation lanes in the Channel (although it doesn't show the inshore lanes) - not much room for a bridge.  and he doesn't seem to have thought about what happened to the Severn railway bridge - and at least the ship which hit that actually had people on its bridge trying to navigate it unlike some of the ones going up & down the Channel at a considerable rate of knots.  And it can get a busy as the container ships race each other -

attachicon.gifIMGP8494.jpg

Don't worry Mike, the middle bit is to be the tunnel bridge, that is the bridge which is a tunnel under the water.

Ar$£

• RMweb Gold

OK let's have a laugh. You can vote for the following, yes or no!

Should the Duck go to a Sing Along Mamma Mia, the Movie at the local Theatre with some chums from his Pilotes club?

No. It sounds very downmarket. This is an intellectual thread and don't pollute it with populist crap. 

Well so much has happened whilst I was at work and then asleep so I must address each important issue individually

The top one that is.

Thankyou for this follow up Post Neil, as initially I thought you were telling Me that Ms Bardot was a yank in drag :O

ABBA_web-56a6cbf65f9b58b7d0e4b07e.jpg

I have been Madly in Love with those birds from ABBA since I wuz 10, it's good to see that they have the recognition they deserve by appearing on this illustrious topic, but who are those beardy chaps? I don't ever remember seeing them before.

OK let's have a laugh. You can vote for the following, yes or no!

Should the Duck go to a Sing Along Mamma Mia, the Movie at the local Theatre with some chums from his Pilotes club?

Absolutely, without a doubt, do it. Get a video done and post it here for review.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally I have thought of two other good things about the French.

1. Le Mans 24 hr (but only up until about 1980)  Dudders knows all about such things !

2. This 1968 song by Marie Laforet (I even prefer it to the Stones Version :O )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl2yQu6IogE

Edited by The Blue Streak

Dear Mr Duck, do I look like the type of bloke that would wear thigh high boots?

fair-dinkum-bloke.jpg

I know a bloke who looks just like that, right down to the Oz flag on his hat.

He drinks at My local.

There is no way He'd be seen dead in a pair of thigh highs, He's definitely a stiletto Man :O

Have you been drinking at My pub Vaughan ?

Some Suvern Stuff from Dorset.

I wish this sort of youtube content had been around before, I would have liked to have watched a bit of this with My old Dad. (Gillingham, where he lived, makes an appearance in this film). He loved his Spams and Schools etc etc. 

Anyway have a peak if you feel like it ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfwFMQZvtQ8

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

​Definitely someone I should meet when I visit Oz next year then.

Talking of booties - definitely the height of sartorial elegance...

gallery_8865_3816_103726.jpg

Ryanair do it yourself lunch? Bl##dy xbred duck geese get everywhere....................and those boots! 

Nesta Birdem