SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

See, that's what confuses me.

At some point in the past the building ( brickwork) was painted, but in the later years it's just plain brick.

Did it all get scrubbed off?

Edited by Stubby47

• RMweb Premium

See, that's what confuses me.

At some point in the past the building ( brickwork) was painted, but in the later years it's just plain brick.

Did it all get scrubbed off?

Yes, sort of. It was chipped off as it was damp making stuff when not maintained. 'Our' version had the relatively fresh SR light cream cement finish that was distempered every so often to keep it 'smart'. Bit like smooth pebble dash but without the pebbles!

Dec O'Rator.

• RMweb Premium

Yes, sort of. It was chipped off as it was damp making stuff when not maintained. 'Our' version had the relatively fresh SR light cream cement finish that was distempered every so often to keep it 'smart'. Bit like smooth pebble dash but without the pebbles!

Dec O'Rator.

That must have been one strong Vindaloo :stinker:

• RMweb Premium

Well Clive I do hope the violent Windaloo did not blow your horsies away last night? I was getting a bit worried about The Junction as the house was literally creaking (OK, I can hear the sniggering already) and our front door howls when there are gales; something to do with atmospheric pressure because I closed my window vents maybe? 

OK this morning AFAICS.

The other day I was bemoaning the fact that I couldn't find any Maunsell 'unmodified' Open 2nds, at a reasonable price considering their scarcity. I did find two available at TMC but thought they were a tad expensive. Well, I succumed after a few days and lo, they arrived today and lo, they are nicely weathered and I hadn't realised that, so maybe not so expensive after all.

P

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I don't know whether to expend some tokens on a Dapol Class 121 or 122 bubble car.

I still want a BR black Dean Goods, which the latest Illustrated Hornsby Monthly says has been improved over the earlier, pretty version.

And if I see a Janus in the same shop, I might also look at it longingly.

• RMweb Premium

I don't know whether to expend some tokens on a Dapol Class 121 or 122 bubble car.

I still want a BR black Dean Goods, which the latest Illustrated Hornsby Monthly says has been improved over the earlier, pretty version.

I was a little concerned there until I re read Janu$.  Otherwise, my sympathy goes out to you CK.

Incidentally I am now going to get banned again because I have just noticed that some complete t#at has said that the crisis in the NHS is 'my' fault (because I've lived too long). If I ever smash someone's face in it will be this T##y tw#t who probably has never had to use the NHS in his existance...........complete bas####.

There we go.... I'm gone already.

J.Hunt.

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 2

If I were a millionaire, I would buy a Janus and name it Hugh.

I would also buy all the remaining Bully pacifics, paint them corporate blue with arrows of indecision, fit honking great air pumps on the front and run my own proper railway to the south west.

Of course SJ would be fully restored with all the track back, and the branch and everything.

I would invite you all round to play, especially Phil

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I was a little concerned there until I re read Janu$.  Otherwise, my sympathy goes out to you CK.

Incidentally I am now going to get banned again because I have just noticed that some complete t#at has said that the crisis in the NHS is 'my' fault (because I've lived too long). If I ever smash someone's face in it will be this T##y tw#t who probably has never had to use the NHS in his existance...........complete bas####.

There we go.... I'm gone already.

J.Hunt.

Oi Coffin Dodger

Which thread?

I do wish there was a link so i don't have use me 'ead and have to find it.

If I were a multi-billionaire, I would buy a Janus and name it Hugh.

I would also buy all the remaining Bully pacifics, paint them corporate blue with arrows of indecision, fit honking great air pumps on the front and run my own proper railway to the south west.

Of course SJ would be fully restored with all the track back, and the branch and everything.

I would invite you all round to play, especially Phil

I've corrected it for you, after all, you can't buy much these days with only a million!