SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

When your trains are rattling through Seaton Junction, or stopping behind the station building & awnings, who (of your many, projected visitors) will be able to tell which diagram of coach is which, and if it happens to be the wrong one for the 8:50 from Waterloo?

I think it is something you catch when visiting Little Bytham where "SIR" has all the right coaches in the right order. You go away thinking "I would like to do that", and on the second visit  "I will do that".

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Yea, it's me wot is the fuss arse. There will be all sorts of stuff that is carp up The Junction and even if I am a bit fussy about the coaches there will still be loads of stuff that's wrong with them, but I really do not give a ####. However, I won't descend to running P.O. wagons, fully labelled up, other than Express Dairies and maybe my Axminster Carpets Van (Special Edition).

P

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I think it is something you catch when visiting Little Bytham where "SIR" has all the right coaches in the right order. You go away thinking "I would like to do that", and on the second visit  "I will do that".

And on the third visit it is "Why haven't you done it" in his teachers voice......

• RMweb Gold

Did you know that Mr Jarvis' improved Bully Beef pacifics were scheduled to be withdrawn in 1987?

Thank you Sir Michael, now where have those doors gone ?.  :pilot:  

Phil. M'buff

Edited by 81C

• RMweb Premium

I feel sorry for the crew working that mobile prison cell, alhough on reflection a prison cell usually has bigger/more windows!

Tim T

Shortly after this it got more windows you will be pleased to hear (or did you know that already?) 

Ava Sandwich

• RMweb Premium

Any one else spotted this thread title "How many droppers from a single bus connection?"

Bleeding obvious, it depends on how many got on the bus before it arrived at its connecting point and how many of them wanted to connect with the other buses. And it is much busier on a Wednesday and Friday as they are market days.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Any one else spotted this thread title "How many droppers from a single bus connection?"

Bleeding obvious, it depends on how many got on the bus before it arrived at its connecting point and how many of them wanted to connect with the other buses. And it is much busier on a Wednesday and Friday as they are market days.

Ah, but what if it's a rail-replacement bus?

• RMweb Premium

Looks like Pencarrow has overkill then. 32/0.2 for the bus, 16/0.2 for the droppers, soldered connections, belt and braces using a chocolate box connector to insulate the join. Me, over the top....?

Ah, but what if it's a rail-replacement bus?

It's a magical creation of the railway companies designed to try and emulate the schedule of non-running trains, bur because it is impossible for a bus travelling at 30mph+/- to achieve anything like the performance of a train scheduled at 90mph+/- they tend to follow a timing all of their own.

This of course causes consternation among the 'passengers' who invariably arrive at their proposed departure station, knowing nothing about the upcoming disruptions because they only travel at the weekends and The trainline.com doesn't keep up with such things,  so invariably around bewildered by the lack of train , as well as someone to explain what is happening.

Eventually in a fit odd despondency, they tent do jump on any passing omnibus in the hope that it will get them closer to their destination.

As a result, rail replacement passengers have been knonw to turn up at the most unexpected places when trying to get to 'Somewhere Else' including a little-known underground station by the name of...

Mornington Crescent!

Edited by bigwordsmith
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Now having read the thread I always thought DCC was just two wires.

Looks like Pencarrow has overkill then. 32/0.2 for the bus, 16/0.2 for the droppers, soldered connections, belt and braces using a chocolate box connector to insulate the join. Me, over the top....?

Hi Chris

You are an odd man out as there seems to be a reluctance for some DCC modellers to use solder, may be because the companies that trick people into buying a on board electronic on-off and direction switch also sell these connectors saying they are easy to use.

As a DC Luddite I enjoy my multiple wires and their solder joints. Oddly I only have two wires going from each section switch to the tracks of the appropriate section, what is complicated about that?

I have been known to take out the PCB in my RTR locos and wire the motor direct to the pick ups. The lights don't work any more. :locomotive: :locomotive: :yahoo:

• Like 2

Yawn !!   :jester:

I thought it all rather interesting. But then I don't get out much and when I do, it's usually just to take a grainy to some uninspiring place out in the sticks.

But a big thanks to NHN for taking the time to give an answer to My question.

Anyway - here's a newish (to youtube) video, there's a bit of annoying music at the start but then an educated sounding gentleman will tell you all about Bulleid Pacifics. :) There is some lovely old colour footage with a glimpse of some nice coaches for Phil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2uBp4BwMq0

Edited by The Blue Streak
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I thought it all rather interesting. But then I don't get out much and when I do, it's usually just to take a grainy to some uninspiring place out in the sticks.

Anyway - here's a newish (to youtube) video, there's a bit of annoying music at the start but then an educated sounding gentleman will tell you all about Bulleid Pacifics. :) There is some lovely old colour footage with a glimpse of some nice coaches for Phil.

YAWN  :jester:

• RMweb Premium

Anyone notice 34092's Giesel exhaust?

Thanks for that; I have seen it before and the way the film is presented makes the loco's look a very weird shape (yes I know they are already weird). :locomotive:  

Nerdy, nerdy, nerdy, yea, yea, yea.

Spamilicious Cantakeronious.

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1