SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

In fact thinking of the picture Doc has posted, she is nothing but an alcoholic. Having nursed them they will drink anything if they think it has alcohol in it, is that right Tim? 

e.g. Colin Smart, former England prop, Paris, 1982.

Sad to hear you're under the weather Phil, IS it the 'Old' troubles again?

I'm now on day 6 of my Steroid boost - three days of IV concentrate over the weekend followed by 2 months at 20mg/day - I feel totally spaced out and my internals are in turmoil - not a pleasant scenario, as vision is also a bit fuzzy and desire to do anything non-existent!

Mind you I'm a lot better than I was 48 hours ago, so hopefully am adjusting to the side effects.

• RMweb Premium

Sad to hear you're under the weather Phil, IS it the 'Old' troubles again?

I'm now on day 6 of my Steroid boost - three days of IV concentrate over the weekend followed by 2 months at 20mg/day - I feel totally spaced out and my internals are in turmoil - not a pleasant scenario, as vision is also a bit fuzzy and desire to do anything non-existent!

Mind you I'm a lot better than I was 48 hours ago, so hopefully am adjusting to the side effects.

Smiffy, my pathetic cold is of no consequence compared to your more challenging situation. I am fine apart from an about to be exploding head, sandpaper throat lining and being contagious. Matey, we shall all be fighting fit come the spring and I look forward to seeing your health progress in leaps and bounds. You take care and enjoy the less weird spaced out moments. Internal turmoils can be sorted with Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup.

Philth

Actually Phil, you probably feel physically worse than I do - I'm just anaesthetised without the pleasantly relaxed feeling that normally goes with a decent measure or two of Uisge Beatha!

The downside of it is that one feels guilty about not being up to doing very much, rather than feeling so dog sick as to not give a you-know-what!

Even worse is that with the impending move ( joke!) Waverley is all packed up in boxes so I cannot even go and watch trains go by!

• RMweb Premium

Actually Phil, you probably feel physically worse than I do - I'm just anaesthetised without the pleasantly relaxed feeling that normally goes with a decent measure or two of Uisge Beatha!

The downside of it is that one feels guilty about not being up to doing very much, rather than feeling so dog sick as to not give a you-know-what!

Even worse is that with the impending move ( joke!) Waverley is all packed up in boxes so I cannot even go and watch trains go by!

UTube can take up some of that slack but I find the small screen inadequate.

ATB

P

• RMweb Premium

Buy a bigger monitor! Even a laptop can often drive one these days, and they are not the price they once wuz. 

If I wuz a clever arse I would be using some sort of device and plugging it into the TV. However, I am still working as if it were 1963. hey ho.

Light Programme anyone?

Bigger Valves Esq.

• RMweb Premium

Smiffy, my pathetic cold is of no consequence compared to your more challenging situation. I am fine apart from an about to be exploding head, sandpaper throat lining and being contagious. Matey, we shall all be fighting fit come the spring and I look forward to seeing your health progress in leaps and bounds. You take care and enjoy the less weird spaced out moments. Internal turmoils can be sorted with Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup.

Philth

Oi Duck

None of your interwebthingy viruses on here mate. :nono: :nono:

Anyhow I always thought it was chicken soup that cured all ills apart form the one that was gonna get yer. :this:

Married to Madame Bigger Valves

attachicon.gifnintchdbpict000305222480.jpg

Happy Crimbo everybody!

She were on Radio 4 the other morning, she didn't look as nice as in the photo.

Buy a bigger monitor! Even a laptop can often drive one these days, and they are not the price they once wuz. 

I do already have a 27" one - the problem with tube is that content is so hit and miss.

I managed to find enough focus to tidy up the workbench in the garage this morning, then had to sit down for an hour and read a book!

So not me!

• RMweb Gold

It don't reach Plymuff 'cos of Devon, it's inhabitants sacrificing road engineers in wickermen... sorry wickerpersons.

I don't understand what you mean.

I don't really understand what anyone means, but I do know that I have to go out and get a Christmas tree very shortly.

Still having fond memories of that pint of Spitfire I had last night. First for a very long time and there is a reserve bottle skulking in the cupboard.

• RMweb Premium

• RMweb Gold

If I wuz a clever arse I would be using some sort of device and plugging it into the TV. However, I am still working as if it were 1963. hey ho.

Light Programme anyone?

Bigger Valves Esq.

I'm using an HP laptop running Win10.  If I press the Windows key + P I can link to the tv and project whatever is on the laptop screen onto the larger screen of the tv.  I've used this a few times to watch stuff on YouTube (Ripping Yarns most recently) that the tv won't play directly.  I don't know if this is an HP feature or a Win10 feature but give it a go.

• RMweb Premium

I'm using an HP laptop running Win10.  If I press the Windows key + P I can link to the tv and project whatever is on the laptop screen onto the larger screen of the tv.  I've used this a few times to watch stuff on YouTube (Ripping Yarns most recently) that the tv won't play directly.  I don't know if this is an HP feature or a Win10 feature but give it a go.

Thanks for that suggestion. I don't have W10 and won't install it on this LT that is over ten years old at least. It is like me, completely constipated and fuc#ed and sometimes just switches off or refuses to function. It is due to be scrapped.

Phil 

• RMweb Premium

Cripes what a pair of fattyclappers up the page there!

Sorry to hear of the illnesses around the SOS, but Mrs NHN assured me over the last 34 years that 'mato soup is the cure for all ills.

In other news, I got me a proper SECR loco yesterday, none of this LSWR stuff - H class in BR lined black,  dealers privilege ;-)  Rather tasty.  Like someone else up the page........

• RMweb Premium

This is nothing to do with SOSJ, well almost nothing. I've just remembered that three years back, when many of my ongoing problems with inflammatory conditions commenced after a series of Virus infections, I became quite run down and unwell after a blood doning session for the first time in my doning life. A couple of weeks back I donated and I usually have felt good after doing that the last coupole of years. Not this time as I became exhausted and have felt run down since and then on Friday I developed this damn chesty cold or whatever it is. I seem to have fallen back to being feeble and uncomfortable having recently being more on the up and that is very, very annoying indeed. So, little progress yet again up The Junction and little motivation to do much at all. However, I realise this time that I need to get a ####### grip and get on with things and stop whinging.

Speech completed.

P