SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

Is it me, or people becoming a little more easily enraged these days.

I blame that orange fellow, whats his name.

Trump?

post-14122-0-95870300-1507817419.jpg

Edited by nhy581

• RMweb Premium

Is it me, or people becoming a little more easily enraged these days.  

I blame that orange fellow, whats his name.

Ho Doc

Don't mention ORANGE to much around here, the duck gets worried that it might be a sauce to go with him.

• Like 1

So to bring it slightly back on topic I thought I'd google to see if any of the fair sex have been pictured combining our two favourite pleasures and found this interesting one of Black Prince, David Shepherd's 9F, being driven by none other than Heidi Mowforth, the Bluebell's first, and only so far, fully qualified female engine driver.

She started working on the railway when she was just 10 years old, going the roster on her 16th birthday,

She is also the only woman to have driven Flying Scotsman, which she did for a number of turns on 103's Easter visit to the Bluebell, and apparently she also like motorbikes

post-10395-0-98786100-1507821275_thumb.jpg

Ah well, we can all dream!

Edited by bigwordsmith
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Enough of this ......

this afternoon I decided to create a 'version' of the Surbiton to Okehampton Car Train (and return). This was so I could test the stock to see if it falls off.

I shall go and play assess the situation later. I may take a photo just for  fun.

B. Eepbeep.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

It can't be any worse than Kopi Luwak surely?

C. I. Vet

Inclined to agree. I find a nice chicken balti far more palatable.

Rob

The Okehampton to Surbiton Car Carrier (SO, July August, September) passes through the strangely invisible Seaton Junction on the Up Fast. 

8 GUVs and three coaches; Bulleid SO; Mk1 Buffet; Bulleid BCK. 

yes I know the loco has an incorrect tender for the era in which this train operated, but it is my only DCC Light Spam at the moment.

Phil, Having almost having solved the mysteries of Gresley Pacific tenders, (Gilbert put the last few pieces in place a few Months ago) and almost having recovered from stepping into the minefield that are Pullman's (working those out nearly broke Me until I bought a few of the Antony Ford books).

I am now faced with the prospect that your light spams may also have a tendency to have a mix of different tenders. I am aware of the high sided version as on your model at present (which I think I prefer) and I have seen a stepped version  (all the pics I have seen of those in SR days have the high sided tenders where as the BR versions seem to have a mix).

Edit - I did have a few daft questions but then I found this  which told Me that they were originally all high sided in 4500 or 5500 gal capacity and some were cut down later, so this post is probably irrelevant now :O.

Regards Ted

post-23233-0-39116200-1507856347.jpg

post-23233-0-35022800-1507856093.jpg

(Sorry about the rail related post Gents, normal service should resume shortly :))

Edited by The Blue Streak

• RMweb Gold

The Okehampton to Surbiton Car Carrier (SO, July August, September) passes through the strangely invisible Seaton Junction on the Up Fast. 

8 GUVs and three coaches; Bulleid SO; Mk1 Buffet; Bulleid BCK. 

attachicon.gifImg_0468.jpg

A little more 'view'.

attachicon.gifImg_0467.jpg

Dogfish is in the Branch Station refuge siding.

White Tanker is on what will be the Dairy Building siding.

I must learn to get the focus correct on the ####### camera and yes I know the loco has an incorrect tender for the era in which this train operated, but it is my only DCC Light Spam at the moment.

CBA to do anything else but I have attended to some trickery and improved running at one particular spot.

Goodnight campers.

Phatty

:offtopic:  :offtopic:  :offtopic:  :offtopic:  :jester: