SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

One further tip that may help on this sort of point, and that is the two little wires you have joining the Rails underneath, I tend to make them the Track feeds as well, so like the Red and Black you have soldered to the ends I just have the one feed from the two small wires linking the Rails.

Just read the post above,   Thanks.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Right that's sorted so thank you. It was very simple as far as I can see. The Peco diagram track feeds to the switch are opposite to wot I dun. So the solution was as simple as this; swap both track feeds for both points and lo it sodding well worked. HTF can I be so bl**dy dim (do not post suggestions please).

Now what I have to do is try and visualise what is happening now or maybe I'll just realign the track and forget it as it works :locomotive:

So a huge thanks to you all and I owe you a biscuit when I next see you.

I'm now off to run my M7 through the cross over until it explodes.

Philth

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Right that's sorted so thank you. It was very simple as far as I can see. The Peco diagram track feeds to the switch are opposite to wot I dun. So the solution was as simple as this; swap both track feeds for both points and lo it sodding well worked. HTF can I be so bl**dy dim (do not post suggestions please).

Now what I have to do is try and visualise what is happening now or maybe I'll just realign the track and forget it as it works :locomotive:

So a huge thanks to you all and I owe you a biscuit when I next see you.

I'm now off to run my M7 through the cross over until it explodes.

Philth

Call it karma for all the kind gestures you've given out on here.

• RMweb Premium

Phil this may be a rude, daft, silly question, but have you put insulating Fish Plates between the Points?

Please don't shout at me. :O

Yes, sorry Andrew and it isn't rude or daft as I am a very simple bloke and it could have been have you actually switched on the controller. :sarcastichand: 

I had set up the cross over exactly as per every diagram I had ever seen and how everyone had told me (thanks everyone), double IRJs and all. I had converted the points as per goodness knows how many web pages but especially the excellent Brian Lambert pages and quadruple checked them. I thought I had wired up according to Pecoboo diagrams but that appears to be where I was 'back to front'.

As far as I can tell it would appear that my feeds may be opposite to what Pecoboo illustrate and that's what I just wasn't picking up.. I'm using the red wire furthest away from you method around the whole layout.

I suspect that somewhere I've missed out on the logical fault checking list that so many people have offered; that's because I'm illogical. There is probably a why it doesn't work common faults checklist procedure section somewhere on the web as well and if not, there needs to be for people like me.

Thanks mate, now I can get down and dirty to produce a layout that looks something approaching the standard of your lovely work.

Cheers,

Philth 

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

One further tip that may help on this sort of point, and that is the two little wires you have joining the Rails underneath, I tend to make them the Track feeds as well, so like the Red and Black you have soldered to the ends I just have the one feed from the two small wires linking the Rails.

Just read the post above,   Thanks.

I had read that ages ago as advice for DCC running and have actually got those wires on my other 'modified points', so thanks and I will reinstate those onto the links. (They were there until I got angry and chopped them off)..................

P

• RMweb Gold

Do you also think it would be wise for me not to wire up the Tunnel for smoke effects?

P

Nah, go for it !  What can possibly go wrong ?

I'm adding smoke effects to the PSMT...  (shhh, it's a secret)

• Like 1

Nah, go for it !  What can possibly go wrong ?

I'm adding smoke effects to the PSMT...  (shhh, it's a secret)

Wills Whiffs or Woodbine ?

• RMweb Premium

Phew.  Anyway, during this all going the shape of various fruits, I posted this.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/81400-sos-junction/?p=2264777

It seems you may no longer be a duck Mr Falcon.

I was a little confused by that one and probably didn't get to the hacking of a Mallard to convert it to something like a Kestrel. Is that what happened?

P

• RMweb Premium

Actually, I don't need to wire up for smoke effects, I just need to operate some stuff and when it gets to the end double junctions and frog juicers there will be conflagrations galore.................ummmmmmm!

P

A4 60022 Mallard -To - A4 4903 Peregrine War Time Black

Oh yes, my little black number. I 'd forgotten that. 

Ta.

P

• RMweb Premium

Yay, that's you. How do you like your new name Peregrine. Or can we call you Perry?

Wasn't Perry that strange young fellow in that programme where the youth hated his parents....what was the bloke called that did that....you know, you don't want to do it like that, you want to do it like this.....? If so, no thanks, I'd rather be Cider.

Philth. 

(P.S. the M7 still works and it shunts my really crapppy Triang/Hornby and Lima coaches back over without them falling off and that is really good news as it will be doing a move like that every so often on the 'real thing'. However it should have a PP Set ande some decent coaches to play with by then).

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Wasn't Perry that strange young fellow in that programme where the youth hated his parents....what was the bloke called that did that....you know, you don't want to do it like that, you want to do it like this.....? If so, no thanks, I'd rather be Cider.

Philth. 

I never liked Harry Enfield either, so Cider it is then.

Had to Google it, never saw it; you know the form "don't like it", ever tried it "no, but I don't like it"