SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

This be a surface BUS in the Fiddle Yard area at the moment so needs discipline (to stop it writhing about like an unruly Viper) & not really support to place it around the baseboard in a convenient loop.  

I shall use 'blocks' for BUS joiners, inserting various things that prevent DCC Diseases and possibly doing some awkward to reach dropper joins. However as this is surface mounted I can solder most droppers quite easily.

I shall be planning my Station area BUS system in a much more organised way but it will still (hopefully) not involve underboard soldering.

Philth.

Fair enough. How about some rectangular section plastic trunking, the sort with the clip-on lid? You can cut holes in the sides where you need the wires to poke through.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

You could half-hammer in some track pins / nails into sweeping curves, carefully aligned and calculated, then solder the bus wire to them.

Where the tracks go over the loft hatch opening, will the bus be on a bridge ?

• RMweb Premium

You could half-hammer in some track pins / nails into sweeping curves, carefully aligned and calculated, then solder the bus wire to them.

Where the tracks go over the loft hatch opening, will the bus be on a bridge ?

:no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

• RMweb Gold

By the way, I accidentally started a bit of bother over on the DCC Questions section. :stinker:  :sarcastichand:  :blackeye:  :rtfm:

Philth.

I didn't dare look That's dangerous territory in there. It ought to have a wonky sign with "Abandon hope all ye who enter within!"

• RMweb Premium

Personally I prefer Modern Jive, would like to be able to do Lindy Hop but I can't even stand up these days, but I used to prefer the Locomotion to the Twist. 

Nevertheless I have learnt that I need to do some comical things with wire.........................

Philth.

• RMweb Premium

By the way, I accidentally started a bit of bother over on the DCC Questions section. :stinker:  :sarcastichand:  :blackeye:  :rtfm:

Philth.

That's tame compared with a lot of DCC "debates" (or track debates...). I'm with the twisters. It's good practice, and as with most good practice it's only when you need it and haven't got it do you wish you had it.

post-21039-0-07376600-1459686405_thumb.jpg

I endorse the suggestion regarding those wire strippers too. They make cutting the insulation for the droppers a piece of cake.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I have ordered the Strippers (£5.00 and free PP ........................... :sarcastichand:  :mosking:  :whistle:  :derisive: ) and that pic is exactly what I need to see as it is what i shall be doing but on the surface for this particular bit of work.

Thanks.

Philth.

Edited by Mallard60022

I have ordered the Strippers (£5.00 and free PP ........................... :sarcastichand:  :mosking:  :whistle:  :derisive: ) and that pic is exactly what I need to see as it is what i shall be doing but on the surface for this particular bit of work.

Thanks.

Philth.

"strippers' caught mu attention! Wiring though is a sore subject for me. I hate it, although the layout has been up for around fifteen years or so now and everything is still connected, which is just as well 'cause the possibility of crawling around underneath nowadays is really unappealing. The older you get, the lower the layout gets or so it seems!

Brian.

• RMweb Premium

Who needs strippers when this Forum provides such good entertainment?

A very kind contributor to this (and a load of other sensible, no nonsense threads) has enabled me to have a tender behind.

Here it is and thus my tenderless Grange has been 'Resolvened'. Apologies for poor focus but it is the tender that is the subject here. 6869 is pretending to coast L.E. down the up @ Honiton Bank. 

post-2326-0-34180800-1459765813_thumb.jpg

Philth.

• Like 8

I currently have a truly tender behind - after three years of visiting all manner of people whose title's include '...path' I've now been told it looks like an intramuscular cyst after I finally had an ultrasound- apparently the medics now need a CT scan to make sure before approaching the nethers with, in the words of the radiologist, "either a very long needle, or a very sharp scalpel."

Who said growing older brings benefits?

• RMweb Premium

. I'm with the twisters. It's good practice, and as with most good practice it's only when you need it and haven't got it do you wish you had it.

Do you twisters twist the track too.........just asking :boast:

Who needs strippers 

Me!

it's been ages since we had a good scandal at work.  None since one of the heads of Department attended an event with not one but two Ladies of Independent Means.

Two!  That's class....

At his Disciplinary Hearing, in front of the bewigged and begowned Council, he was asked why he had brought two 'tarts' to a prestigious event.

He replied, 'it seemed churlish to only ask one of them and leave her friend behind. And I couldn't decide which one I liked best.'

He always had a drop of the good stuff on hand in his filing cabinet, in case tutorials got a little tedious.  

Edited by Dr Gerbil-Fritters
  • Like 3