SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

HO Track? What is this ? Is it better than 00 track?

Do you mean I shouldn't have spent all that time, effort and money on Code 75?

Next thing you'll be telling me you don't need an electric frog.

Bah Humbug!

I reserve mine just for the Christmas specials ! Ho Ho Ho !

• RMweb Premium

Little update on small amount of progress.

Trailing cross-over west of station. 

post-2326-0-60867800-1459529267_thumb.jpg

post-2326-0-03449200-1459529276_thumb.jpg

Juicy Frog in a bag.....ummmm, yummy.

post-2326-0-66733800-1459529322_thumb.jpg

Some micro switches; wired and positioned (temporarily?)  but untested and I have no idea if there will be blue smoke (yet). I am going to use this meter thingy as advised elsewhere, when I've sorted out how it works.

post-2326-0-25303200-1459529351_thumb.jpg

post-2326-0-26411300-1459529357_thumb.jpg

Told you it was chaos elsewhere.......that's where the Yards, Branch and Station are going to be.................................... :scared:

post-2326-0-16632000-1459529505_thumb.jpg

My makeshift soldering station

post-2326-0-41341100-1459529514_thumb.jpg

.........................and finally, copper wire (mains style). I am going to use this for the power BUS runs in hidden places, that is unless someone shouts nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Several sources have advised yes, yes, it is good yah?

post-2326-0-21728800-1459529525_thumb.jpg

CBA to do anything else for a while.

Duck.

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 8

attachicon.gifImg_0321.jpg

attachicon.gifImg_0325.jpg

Duck.

Ducky, I would suggest replacing the straight right hand turnout for a long Y turnout in that trailing crossover.  As it is arranged now, the left most track will have to pull a tight curve to stay at the proper separation from the main line curve 

• RMweb Premium

Ducky, I would suggest replacing the straight right hand turnout for a long Y turnout in that trailing crossover.  As it is arranged now, the left most track will have to pull a tight curve to stay at the proper separation from the main line curve 

Hi Dr GF

And Y should he do that :jester:

Seriously that does sound like a better solution.

not so seriously ...........This is getting like a club layout, one person doing all the work and everyone else telling him where he is doing it wrong :good:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Do you mean straight left hand? The straight LH is a compromise and I might just do some 'adjustment' to it to curve it to the right a bit, but I'm going to see what it looks like first as it does actually fit quite well, but of course it is straight!

Thanks

Duck. 

The destination boards would be, however I cannot justify getting any more as i have about ten already (8 for the Car Train). Thank you.

Phil

No worries, it just came through today as a special edition in the Kernow newsletter and I thought you might be interested but I can see the predicklement.

Do you mean straight left hand? The straight LH is a compromise and I might just do some 'adjustment' to it to curve it to the right a bit, but I'm going to see what it looks like first as it does actually fit quite well, but of course it is straight!

Thanks

Duck. 

5 min job to adjust that on next visit. Just don't nail it down for keeps in the meantime!

• Like 1

Do they still sell their own label liqueur (31% by Volume!!!!!)?

Aah! Ze Schnapps! Yes indeed they do. Three varieties - a red one, a black one and a green one. The %age by volume varies! Mrs4479 in particular looks forward to the guard coming round with the basket selling them on the train. Just what you need on top of the Brocken when it's blowing a hooley (which is most days, in fact).

• RMweb Gold

Apart from the track, the layout has more stuff than a hardware store. :jester:

Brian.

I was thinking just the same and was half expecting the Two Ronnies coming out to do the Four Candles sketch.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifImg_0321.jpg

attachicon.gifImg_0325.jpg

Juicy Frog in a bag.....ummmm, yummy.

attachicon.gifImg_0322.jpg

Some micro switches; wired and positioned (temporarily?)  but untested and I have no idea if there will be blue smoke (yet). I am going to use this meter thingy as advised elsewhere, when I've sorted out how it works.

attachicon.gifImg_0323.jpg

attachicon.gifImg_0324.jpg

Told you it was chaos elsewhere.......that's where the Yards, Branch and Station are going to be.................................... :scared:

attachicon.gifImg_0326.jpg

My makeshift soldering station

attachicon.gifImg_0327.jpg

.........................and finally, copper wire (mains style). I am going to use this for the power BUS runs in hidden places, that is unless someone shouts nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Several sources have advised yes, yes, it is good yah?

attachicon.gifImg_0328.jpg

CBA to do anything else for a while.

Duck.

Looking really good Phil. Mains wire is ideal for the bus. If I had a choice I'd use black rather than blue to match the standard DCC colours, but that's a very minor point. Good to see someone else using Fixit blocks too.

Perhaps my comment about a train running all the way round wasn't so daft after all!

• RMweb Premium

I'm thinking of installing a smoke machine in the Tunnel  Oh bu**er I'm a day and 1hour 5 minutes late with that announcement.

Back to the Soldering Station or maybe do some paint stuff as (at last) my paint supplies for doing the track have arrived. (Not spray painting in the loft I hasten to add).

I have already sprayed my blue mains wire with black acrylic; it looks silly but I don't give a toss.

P

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Sun came out and I went out to the garage and sprayed two points and about 8 yards of Pecoboo. CCE will be pleased (I hope).

If I have the strength I'm going to put in some BUS this evening; red and newly painted black. I may well experiment with the Glue Gun to 'tack it in place, however i think I might just have to get some very small wire clip things.

That's it for now.

Duck

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Sun came out and I went out to the garage and sprayed two points and about 8 yards of Pecoboo. CCE will be pleased (I hope).

If I have the strength I'm going to put in some BUS this evening; red and newly painted black. I may well experiment with the Glue Gun to 'tack it in place, however i think I might just have to get some very small wire clip things.

That's it for now.

Duck

I use cup hooks to hold all the bus wires on the MCL.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I use cup hooks to hold all the bus wires on the MCL.

This be a surface BUS in the Fiddle Yard area at the moment so needs discipline (to stop it writhing about like an unruly Viper) & not really support to place it around the baseboard in a convenient loop.  

I shall use 'blocks' for BUS joiners, inserting various things that prevent DCC Diseases and possibly doing some awkward to reach dropper joins. However as this is surface mounted I can solder most droppers quite easily.

I shall be planning my Station area BUS system in a much more organised way but it will still (hopefully) not involve underboard soldering.

Philth.

• Like 2