SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

How do manage without switching crossings - surely even with DCC it won't work with two positive rails or two negative rails and it must need one of each therefore the crossing has to change polarity?  Or do i know even less about DCC than you did? (probably definitely)

I am finding that out, well confirming the several versions of how they work, on Sunday ABW. (Yes, I don't really know either!) But I think I might be able to get away with fitting a couple of Juicers to each Xing, rather like this post-2326-0-69836200-1457614850.jpg

and thus I shall be able to enjoy healthy drinks during running sessions. The whole thing is isolated as well (I think).

Great fun. 

Ar$e

• RMweb Premium

Not filthy. Not numbered even and not in Leeds. Therefore a very inexpensive postcard sir.

Photo courtesy of Tony Wright.

post-2326-0-54794900-1457615355_thumb.jpg

Notice the member of the track gang turning to vomit after seeing this approaching. He was in therapy for months.

P

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 5

To de sung to the theme tune of Blackadder...

"The tale is sung of men of old,

Whose engines gleamed so bright and bo-old

They worked their way through schoolboy dreams 

to sing this song of men of stee-eam

"A Pasty, A pasty I'd really like one now

A Pasty  A Pasty I love the way it sounds.

O give me a pasty so I can eat my fill

Or I'll go to Seaton and prob'ly be quite Ill!"

A pasty-oh?

Is this a line from some obscure folk song?

From the Raggle-Taggle Gypsy:

What care I for my house and my land?
What care I for my money-oh?
I'd rather have a kiss from the yellow gypsy's lips
When they taste of the Cornish pasty-oh!

• RMweb Premium

I think she just needs some TLC, and a few numbers - I know 'Black 5's were regular performers on the Waverley Route - does she run well enough to operate there do you think?

Yup but it is a little tasty on price due to its rarity. You could lease it!

P

• RMweb Premium

"Oh, alright, then, spam, spam, spam, n' chips...?"

I used to like spam but now I can't eat it as it is 'processed' and contains various 'orrible stuff.

OK, this afternoon I did some serious stripping and then I went almost bonkers because no one seems to use finger poking point operation in their bl00dy diagrams about point and crossing frogs polarity switching thingy whatevers. Pah and double pah!

I give up.

Ar$e 

• RMweb Gold

One of the disadvantages of living in the Pacific North West is that the eight hour time difference invariably means that my replies are similar to L/Cpl Jones drill.......a beat or so late.

Nevertheless I must tell you how relieved I am that you have decided to go down the DCC route......I literally winced when I read your post , before your epiphany , when you were discussing the assorted controllers and switches required for DC.

I do not believe you will regret the decision

Happy SOS follower in Vancouver

John

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks John. That's really kind mate.

It is only a train set after all but I'm so pleased it and so many other layouts on this Forum, brings 'unusual pleasure' to loads of people.

I think I may have got less  fun responses if I had decided that it had to be P4. However, I can't do that neat a job and I'm not patient enough anyway

P

• RMweb Premium

WOW! DCC and P4 - you've gone crazy bonkers this week Ducks!

Hoorah!

Just this week?

P4 my ****. I admire those that can and do but I'm happy with Pecoboo for simplicity and robustness, two words that also describe me when I was younger.

I must tell you how sad I am. When I was stripping this afternoon I got over excited. It was the beauty of the bare copper wire in the mains cable that I removed whilst accessing the other three sheathed copper wires. (Lots of snigger catalysticating words there). Lovely stuff. Good stuff for doing injector pipework on loco kits.

The other sheathed wire looks absolutely ideal for surface BUS runs. It is nice and 'stiff', looks in perfect condition and should lay nicely, especially when assisted by a hot glue gun.

Peco suggested using this stuff so it is their fault.

No mains house wiring was damaged during this exercise. It was a drum of cable left over by a friendly electrician from some work done  a few years ago. Now I can whack in my 5Amp booster without causing an explosion.

By the way, if anyone wants to see smart wiring diagrams then Brian lambert's site is great, but the DCC Concepts info pages with diagrams are amazing and will cause you to consider the expense of DCC equipment!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Oh god that Caprotti again......I just can't justify the expense,,,,,,but....mustn't....she'd kill me.

I'm sure we could come to an 'arrangement'...................... :mail: e.g. you have 'access' to lots of stuff I might need..................... :gamer: 

P

Edited by Mallard60022

Oh god that Caprotti again......I just can't justify the expense,,,,,,but....mustn't....she'd kill me.

I'm sure a box of/and Roses would do it, go on, go on, go on !!!

• RMweb Premium

"OK, stand well back, the Drake is armed and dangerous. It has now got a hot gun and is trained to use it. He read somewhere that the hot glue gun method is good for keeping wire under control on surface wiring. He has no idea what he is doing really, but it sounds like fun".

This is what was in the local paper today so it must be true.

Ar$e