SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

That would be a barsteward to replicate that weathering Mr Duck, after the first year of use I can't ever remember seeing a clean one, 

Barry Oliver of the parish does weathering like that, I believe on a professional basis he's Leeds based. :imsohappy:

• RMweb Premium

Well, I have no real idea why, but some reknitting of wires for the Double Slip has resulted in purr fect operation in all directions and smoothy running even with the teeny B4! I shall celebrate by going to the Gym!

P

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Before you celebrate take photos of the working installation for future reference. If you don't you'll never remember how it works again.

Ask me how I know

Blimey, your Phd thingy must be working as you can read my mind now! I was just thinking it would be good idea to take a pic.

Good oh.

P

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Blimey, your Phd thingy must be working as you can read my mind now! I was just thinking it would be good idea to take a pic.

Good oh.

P

Taking the pics isn't the problem. Its knowing where to save them, using a medium that will still be usable in a few years time. I have lots of photos on CDs but look how difficult it is now to buy a standard PC with a slot for a disk drive.

• RMweb Premium

Next up The Junction is a little rejig of one end of the fiddle/storage lines. This was planned following a visit by 31A when we messed about with scenic ideas on the Incline. I also have got a Superquick Red Brick Road Overbridge ( to construct) so as to assess what the scenic break at this point might look like. The area will be a huge compression/compromise as it will be close to the Incline SB, but based on some rail-side cottages much further east towards SJ, however the bridge will be based on the one just east of the Tunnel and partially examined through Giggle Earth Street View. Hopefully the  plan will continue to allow adequate 'screening' of the FY area between Tunnel and the road bridge. If the SQ bridge is ok dimensionally I shall build one from plassi stuff as it will need to be 'built to fit'.

So, a number of points to resite, wiring and PL10 style motors (+ micro switches if at all possible) to reposition and storage tracks to shorten; nothing complicated, just a bit of faffing. Some pics later to show what I'm mumbling about.

Take a deep breath...……...

P

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I saw St Enodoc Church on Telly this afternoon when I was searching for some info on the entertainment offered! It looked right nice it did and was not covered in sand.

Thanks for that. It reminds me that St E is a reasonable day’s drive from Sherry’s flat, and moreso her holiday cabin near Dartmoor, and is somewhere she should see. I am over in March so we will add it to the possibilities. Few of us have visited a church where the incumbent once needed to be lowered in through the roof!

• Like 1

The health-conscious CTMK has just put some haricot beans in a pan with some tomato puree for her lunch. I have a tin of Heinz baked beans in an adjacent pan for mine.

I can't tell the difference.

Hers won’t have anywhere near the quantity of chemcals that yours will have, neither wil it have the taste!

Tim T

(Edited for iPad typos)

Edited by timbowilts

• RMweb Premium

Hers won’t have anywhere near the quantity of chemcals that yours will have, neither wil it have the taste!

Tim T

(Edited for iPad typos)

I can't eat cooked tomato, but I can eat British made Heinz Baked Beans, so you're probably right about those chemicals. I say British made, because I can't eat the ones made in Europe because they have too much tomato!

• RMweb Premium

The health-conscious CTMK has just put some haricot beans in a pan with some tomato puree for her lunch. I have a tin of Heinz baked beans in an adjacent pan for mine.

I can't tell the difference.

I sprinkle some curry powder in my Heinz BB and that adds a bit of 'bite'. Heinz BBs are also GF but not always the ones with sausages or other weird things stuck in them.

Other brands are available, however many are not GF; one needs to check for crap such as Barley Malt Extract.

Phil

I do enjoy the old advertising posters. 

Google the Caledonian golfing girls and see what they sell for now. 

https://www.antikbar.co.uk/original_vintage_posters/sport_posters/golfing_girl_caledonian_railway/PS0563/

Ouch....... 

I Married a proper 'Caledonian Girl' She's still just as hot despite having just celebrated a very significant birthday!

I sprinkle some curry powder in my Heinz BB and that adds a bit of 'bite'. Heinz BBs are also GF but not always the ones with sausages or other weird things stuck in them.

Other brands are available, however many are not GF; one needs to check for crap such as Barley Malt Extract.

Phil

Currently pursuing the Aseem Malhotra diet ( all in the way of carbs)  as despite my best efforts the lungs have started furring up again and the medics have walloped my steroids up to 25mg a day. That of course is an instant recipe for turinng into Michelin Man, so preventative measure s in hand.

It's not all bad though - brekkie was a decent fry up, Dinner tonight is Chicken Kiev ( Sans breadcrumbs and chips) and Lunch was a selection of charcuterie, with cheery carrot sticks and a teeny portion of taramasalata, plus a few cubes of rather splendid cheddar to add the required dairy fats.

B

Currently pursuing the Aseem Malhotra diet (###### all in the way of carbs)  as despite my best efforts the lungs have started furring up again and the medics have walloped my steroids up to 25mg a day. That of course is an instant recipe for turinng into Michelin Man, so preventative measure s in hand.

It's not all bad though - brekkie was a decent fry up, Dinner tonight is Chicken Kiev ( Sans breadcrumbs and chips) and Lunch was a selection of charcuterie, with cheery carrot sticks and a teeny portion of taramasalata, plus a few cubes of rather splendid cheddar to add the required dairy fats.

limey - RMW is self- censoring - I typed the 'B' ( short version of rugby) word in the above post and it turned it into a load of asterisks

I anticipate much fun being had by correspondents trying to find out which blinking words get asterisked out!

Phil

Did someone mention sausages ?

P.Orker  :O  :jester:  :senile: