SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

I have just one thing to say and that is P' Boo Leccyfrog C75 Double Slips are a pain in the arse. Then another and that is bolloc#s!

Found the DCC Concepts' excellent wiring diagram for the DS and my printer just wouldn't print the correct page, so I drew a diagram and took a screenshot with my phone so I could remember the order of wire up. Thought I would wire up one point motor and see if that would work. The motor worked but the polarity was OK one way but not another and then another way and not the first way so I gave up and will fit the second ####### motor tomorrow and see if the damn thing works correctly in all directions. Pah! Used to work OKish with the Gaugemaster, Juicers and fingerpokin, except for the power loss & hesitation with some loco's decoders. 

Tomorrow is another day!

Ar$£

I have just one thing to say and that is P' Boo Leccyfrog C75 Double Slips are a pain in the arse. Then another and that is bolloc#s!

Found the DCC Concepts' excellent wiring diagram for the DS and my printer just wouldn't print the correct page, so I drew a diagram and took a screenshot with my phone so I could remember the order of wire up. Thought I would wire up one point motor and see if that would work. The motor worked but the polarity was OK one way but not another and then another way and not the first way so I gave up and will fit the second ####### motor tomorrow and see if the damn thing works correctly in all directions. Pah! Used to work OKish with the Gaugemaster, Juicers and fingerpokin, except for the power loss & hesitation with some loco's decoders. 

Tomorrow is another day!

Ar$£

Just in case anyone needs it I've taken a screen shot if it helps ?

post-20303-0-67318400-1547762666_thumb.png

Hope tomorrow goes better matey.

G

• Like 1

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2019-01-17 at 22.03.25.png

G

Damn and drat - I only just got the hang of wiring for DC with a multiplicity of polarity throws then you put this complex picture up - THat's like spending ages poring over the inner pages pf certain tabloids, only to then come across a phot of the young Ms Agutter!

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2019-01-17 at 22.03.25.png

G

My hero G. Now all I have to do is try to get that to print. My new PC is obviously so much more intelligent than me and it shows because I can't find out how to do stuff any more. It is probably a foreign spy device as well so #### ### if you are listening inside this tablet thingy keyboard whatever.

Thanks a bundle.  

• RMweb Premium

Damn and drat - I only just got the hang of wiring for DC with a multiplicity of polarity throws then you put this complex picture up - THat's like spending ages poring over the inner pages pf certain tabloids, only to then come across a phot of the young Ms Agutter!

It is actually very simple Smiffy IF you use Cobalts and have wired the bl00dy thing as they show! My DS has two wires for each track power and I have seen that shown somewhere else, but they only show the outer tracks powered on this diagram. So, it is just three wires per motor (not shown in point driving position here either for clarity purposes?) and should be simples as long as the DS is correctly isolated at both ends!

I shall ascend this morning and see if I can sort it out. One positive is that my little B4 0.4.0 don't have show up where my track is not quite level and any wiring duffs where a longer wheel base loco will just travers by accident rather than planned power supply. It also shows where I might use Solenoids (there is medication and ointment available I know).

• RMweb Gold

Had the same issue when the track went down on the layout my d/slip is at the shed enterance so it got left but in the 

end I got it sorted SWMBO said at the time why don't up take up fishing if that railway make you swear so much.  :ireful: 

• RMweb Premium

Almost. This is how I did it. I stuck my finger in a Woodpecker's hole and the Woodpecker said, "God bless my soul, take it out, take it out, take it out, remove it", so I did and that is where I got to last night. :locomotive:  :mail: Ar$£ 

• RMweb Premium

When you say 'not working correctly', what do you mean?  Electrically dead?  Won't change route?

Well, yes, no and maybe is the answer to that. One minute with one wire set up I have some power to some parts and then when I double check and do it as per diagram from DCCC I have almost zero power in the Slip itself (according to the meter) except for one 'leg'. Only thing that works is the point switches and the motors! Really pi##ed off now so I'm giving it a rest. Thanks for asking though dear friend of the three legged Island. Doh! Brain is deffo scrambled.

P

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

No sun today Phil, just sleet!  A shame, it was nice yesterday.

I was going to ask if it was worth taking a holiday on your fine Island later this year. Do you have any tips about weather in September/October and do the trains run then?

P

• RMweb Premium

I was going to ask if it was worth taking a holiday on your fine Island later this year. Do you have any tips about weather in September/October and do the trains run then?

P

It is a really nice place Phil, with very varied scenery.  Every few miles things change, the sheer variety in 32 miles by 12 is astounding.  Its 1958 here, and I don't mean 2 minutes to 8.... :-) Life is a little slower, change is slower.  TT and MGP races don't subscribe to this though!

Trains on the three 'big' railways run until the end of October, September is a nice month here usually.  Groudle finishes in September.

https://www.gov.im/media/1364009/iom-railways-2019-timetable-web.pdf

It's not cheap to get here, and prices are a little higher than you may be used to as almost everything has to be imported, but it is worth it.  It just has 'something'  which captured us in 1986, we visited at least once every year after that until 2002 when we gave up and moved here! :danced:  Never regretted it for a second.

Guided tour free to you, included in friendship package.  :friends:  Driver likes unhealthy treats..... :whistle:

• Like 2