SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

....  However on a point of detail the alpaca herds are actually in the Thames Valley near Pangbourne (and further upstream) not the Kennet Valley although it is possible that they migrated as the Kennet Valley is very prone to flooding.  Alpaca are quite nice but shy animals, unlike llamas which are vicious creatures which try to bite you given half a chance.

That flooding, or more specifically the rain that caused it, was of course the origin of the alpaca mac. Before its invention, there was one flooding incident where the alpaca herder had to get out of bed in the middle of the night to rescue the valuable animals, and possibly move them to Pangbourne. It was (inaccurately) reported in the local newspaper under the headline "Llama farmer pyjama drama".

Normal service will resume, but I can't guarantee exactly when.

• RMweb Gold

I'll think you'll find that building a 85'x 22'9" massive layout in Spain gives you full permission to be heavily opinionated and obnoxious.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/113725-basingstoke-1958-67-layout-and-stock/?p=3027231

Plenty of other examples. I particularly savoured the German model railway exhibition he'd attended, where the overpowering effect of too many sound-equipped locos all running at once drove him out within minutes. But as a "professional railwayman" (his term) being obnoxious is part of the training, as any number of others of us demonstrate here daily. Not. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

You lot are really incarriageoboil. Ther's me getting bnl##dy soaked as I try desperately to show someone some birds and you lot are suppoing Gin and writing amusing analdotes whilst I am in A & E being defrosted.

So, to get those damn pics of the ####### bridges sorted.....very shortly as I have ascended to the middle earth room where liveth the printer thingy.

I have just purchased a rubber ruler thingy that can be used for creating nice curves for the platform edges.

A. Bouncy Bouncy.

You lot are really incarriageoboil. Ther's me getting bnl##dy soaked as I try desperately to show someone some birds and you lot are suppoing Gin and writing amusing analdotes whilst I am in A & E being defrosted.

So, to get those damn pics of the ####### bridges sorted.....very shortly as I have ascended to the middle earth room where liveth the printer thingy.

I have just purchased a rubber ruler thingy that can be used for creating nice curves for the platform edges.

A. Bouncy Bouncy.

Now that rubber ruler thingy sounds like something from Michael Bentine’s Its a Square World!

Tim T

Um yes. Slightly unfortunate character des[pite his obvious skills.

Phil

I started to read his thread, but It all got too hard and I gave up, I didn't see one picture of Jenny or Nigella :O

Did anyone get as far as to find out where He was a "professional railwayman" ?

I along with many on RMW work/worked for the railways, but there's plenty of blokes on RM Web that run rings around Me as far as modelling and general knowledge is concerned and have never been employed in rail. :)

Edited by The Blue Streak
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I along with many on RMW work/worked for the railways, but there's plenty of blokes on RM Web that run rings around Me as far as modelling and general knowledge is concerned and have never been employed in rail. :)

Quite. That's why I am here. To learn and enjoy others competent modelling. 

• Like 2

A. Bouncy Bouncy.

A sensible question if I may ?

Does the over bridge dimension vary greatly from that which you discussed with me some time back and would there be a large overall change in the scaled dimensions ?

Just wondering mate.

• RMweb Gold

Silchester was on the GWR - shown in the timetables and on the running-in boards as 'Bramley For Silchester'.

Coincidentally served by trains which also call at Bramley.  However on a point of detail the alpaca herds are actually in the Thames Valley near Pangbourne (and further upstream) not the Kennet Valley although it is possible that they migrated as the Kennet Valley is very prone to flooding.  Alpaca are quite nice but shy animals, unlike llamas which are vicious creatures which try to bite you given half a chance.

Alpacas (our first three came from that herd near Pangbourne) are not always that nice. Try shearing one.

And with vile green spit, and unerring accuracy, they don't need to bite.

Also very unpleasant to dogs and foxes, which they kick and trample to death. Great for protecting your chickens or lambs.

• RMweb Gold

I started to read his thread, but It all got too hard and I gave up, I didn't see one picture of Jenny or Nigella :O

Did anyone get as far as to find out where He was a "professional railwayman" ?

I am not sure - but I think he worked on the Southern Region.

• RMweb Premium

A. Bouncy Bouncy.

You’d best warm up with some nice curves, then. P.s. she’s not from Basingstoke.

post-26540-0-97195400-1517502658.jpeg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

A sensible question if I may ?

Does the over bridge dimension vary greatly from that which you discussed with me some time back and would there be a large overall change in the scaled dimensions ?

Just wondering mate.

If I could remember what we discussed then that would be good wouldn't it  :scared:

Somehow I feel the platform bridge would need to be wider than the footpath bridge; all those suitcases and fluffy dresses etc.

I'm working on it right now.

P

I am not sure - but I think he worked on the Southern Region.

Oh dear..........................

You’d best warm up with some nice curves, then. P.s. she’s not from Basingstoke.

attachicon.gif1F961D46-43B3-4279-A901-104661810901.jpeg

That pic was deffo taken in Brazil.

Herr Brush

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Silchester was on the GWR - shown in the timetables and on the running-in boards as 'Bramley For Silchester'.

Coincidentally served by trains which also call at Bramley.  However on a point of detail the alpaca herds are actually in the Thames Valley near Pangbourne (and further upstream) not the Kennet Valley although it is possible that they migrated as the Kennet Valley is very prone to flooding.  Alpaca are quite nice but shy animals, unlike llamas which are vicious creatures which try to bite you given half a chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbwkkXGmFrI

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

That flooding, or more specifically the rain that caused it, was of course the origin of the alpaca mac. Before its invention, there was one flooding incident where the alpaca herder had to get out of bed in the middle of the night to rescue the valuable animals, and possibly move them to Pangbourne. It was (inaccurately) reported in the local newspaper under the headline "Llama farmer pyjama drama".

Normal service will resume, but I can't guarantee exactly when.

"Nut screws washers and bolts".

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

But as a "professional railwayman" (his term) being obnoxious is part of the training

I have to say that I did meet a few along the way Ian, as no doubt did you (in fact we both might have met some of the same ones).

• RMweb Premium

A. Bouncy Bouncy.

If you want to see some birds go to Castle Aching.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/107713-castle-aching/page-304&do=findComment&comment=3028150

• RMweb Premium

Is this modelling? I found quite a few phots of the station area (including Stu's ....thanks mate...have you dried out yet?), some actual concrete bridge dimensions and made some copies. I then checked the Ratio Concrete FB and lo it was looking good (but too small of course). I reckon I could cobble the bridges from some of those kit bits and my own plasticard bits. 

I've checked Google Earth and I reckon the platform bridge is wider. If you are bored then try Google Earth for SJ . There is now a 360 view available.

I had to watch my two DVDs with SJ stuff on them and still to watch the small clips on Railway Roundabout. Some helpful shots of detail on these.

Couple of Brandies helped.............

Great fun.

P

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 2

Pre- Raphaelite, is that like pre-Beeching for painters?

[never thought I'd every post the word pre-Raphaelite on RMW, oops just done it again!]

R . Tist.

Edited by GRUNFOS
  • Like 2