SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

10800 was mistaken for the WR Kerosene Castle by the SR mob. When that thing above turned up they all had to take medication. It didn't even get the chance to be turned off before it was dispatched away to somewhere far away.

P

• RMweb Premium

Talking of sound, which I know we weren't, but losing to a real engine on my desktop, which is hooked up to a decent set of speakers, I wondered why no-one has come up with a programme for a PC that lets you play 6-channel dolby sound = for ,about the same cost as kitting out a dozen locos with sound speakers you could buy an amp, half a dozen micro speakers and a subwoofer, and then set the programme to run the sound in line with where the loco's are likely to be - I am sure some clever sound engineer could work it all out in a heartbeat.

Been mumbling about that sort of thing for ages but I have no idea how it would be set up. Business opp there Smiffy.

P

Been mumbling about that sort of thing for ages but I have no idea how it would be set up. Business opp there Smiffy.

P

So many opportunities, so little time!

That said I'm a tad sluggish today - went to a client's awards dinner last night where much drink was consumed - we had one of the category winners on our table, as well as the main man at client  who kept signing off drinks chitties!

Arrived home c. 2.30 - got a very smart car to pick me up in Park Lane then home dropping client off at his on the way.

Now regretting those final ' Boy we deserve a drink" beers at the end!

• RMweb Premium

So many opportunities, so little time!

That said I'm a tad sluggish today - went to a client's awards dinner last night where much drink was consumed - we had one of the category winners on our table, as well as the main man at client  who kept signing off drinks chitties!

Arrived home c. 2.30 - got a very smart car to pick me up in Park Lane then home dropping client off at his on the way.

Now regretting those final ' Boy we deserve a drink" beers at the end!

I used to work for a Company that supplied the 'Set and Techs' for awards things like that. Often at the Grosvenor Park Hotel. Bl##dy pi## up but not for us. pay was good though.

I used to work for a Company that supplied the 'Set and Techs' for awards things like that. Often at the Grosvenor Park Hotel. Bl##dy pi## up but not for us. pay was good though.

Having organised a few myself over the years it was jolly good fun being a guest - especially when the client was paying for the booze!

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

is a bit like owning a Larry Goddard-painted coach, or similar.

An investment in quality will never disappoint.

I can vouch for that and you soon forget the price down the line. You get what you pay for.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Well, I modelled for about 20 minutes this afernoon. I fettled the Bedford sides for a Bulleid D2660 Restaurant First, following Mr Wright partly shaping them in his rollers (no sniggering) yesterday, when I had the pleasure of visiting Little Bythem. I also drilled the holes for the grabs and handles. I'll be doing a Mk1 or Bachman Bulleid coach hack conversion for that Diagram. 

Then I did as I promised yesterday and here we go!

attachicon.gifImg_0017.jpg

Recognise this anyone? I just could not resist and it will sit at the end of a siding at The Junction. Appears to be a modified Baccy UF with a recognisable crane kit attached. 

Now for the goody:

first a teasing view

attachicon.gifImg_0005.jpg

then I shall let the pictures tell the story; my photography does not do justice to this exquisite build 

attachicon.gifImg_0006.jpg

attachicon.gifImg_0007.jpg

This picture above has one of the two other lovely things I received yesterday; another SR Lattice Home (Wizard Modles RTR) sat where the much shorter rail built Platform 2 (down) Starter (Dapol) will be positioned. This and another identical one will be situated up the Incline, by the trailing X Over. There will also be one on the Seaton end of the Branch Platform 3 too, but I can't show that at the moment.

attachicon.gifImg_0008.jpg

attachicon.gifImg_0009.jpg

attachicon.gifImg_0010.jpg

Lovely isn't it? This and Stubby's caterpillar and grotty hut have set the standard to which I must aspire with any buildings/structures I get around to doing.

A commission from Peter Leyland (he has built/ builds Peterborough North's structures) that I decided I would get done just so that I had some of 'the master's' work up The Junction. It is probably something that could sit on a mantlepiece somewhere when I've popped off.

He has done a superb job with little input from myself other than me supplying a few photo's. There is hardly anything I can, or even want to add to this, except for maybe the mystery 'tank' above the lever frame and some 'notices' that one can see through the windows in many pictures!!!!! Externally there could be some bits and bobs to put around it once it is 'planted' in the Down/Branch Platform.

Hope you all like it?

Phil

As a fully paid up member of the Jim 'Horse Radish' Jones fan club I expect to see his infamous steel drum hanging where it should be, except the forth coming gig in Clackmannan Tower. :yes: :yes:

Very nice, are all the levers correct for the signal plan?  :dontknow:

• RMweb Premium

As a fully paid up member of the Jim 'Horse Radish' Jones fan club I expect to see his infamous steel drum hanging where it should be, except the forth coming gig in Clackmannan Tower. :yes: :yes:

Probably! Knowing Peter it will be as close as he could get it.

Phil

A commission from Peter Leyland (he has built/ builds Peterborough North's structures) that I decided I would get done just so that I had some of 'the master's' work up The Junction.

He has done a superb job with little input from myself other than me supplying a few photo's. There is hardly anything I can, or even want to add to this, except for maybe the mystery 'tank' above the lever frame and some 'notices' that one can see through the windows in many pictures!!!!! Externally there could be some bits and bobs to put around it once it is 'planted' in the Down/Branch Platform.

Hope you all like it?

Phil

Blimey, it's even got levers in it. That'll never catch on...  :blush:

A lovely piece of work, be that Duckie.

Just needs platform to sit on now...

• RMweb Premium

1980's BR poster at Southampton station, defaced thus:

EVERY WEEK, 21 INTERCITY TRAINS LEAVE THIS STATION

Only 7 make it back

In the troubled 70s there was a poster telling you what to do if you saw an unattended bag on the station. Someone (not me...) once added "Go up and talk to her".

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

In the troubled 70s there was a poster telling you what to do if you saw an unattended bag on the station. Someone (not me...) once added "Go up and talk to her".

They've obviously met my ex then ...

• RMweb Premium

Blimey, it's even got levers in it. That'll never catch on...  :blush:

A lovely piece of work, be that Duckie.

Just needs platform to sit on now...

It would be very lovely if it was something wot I dun but Peter has to take all the credit. I just worked by bolloc#s off for 45+ years to enable me to consider getting things like that done as I could never achieve that standard. However, I am going to attempt to build the other Box and that is the one up the Incline.post-2326-0-53166800-1513327480.jpg

I'm also really tempted to attempt the Down/Branch Building as it is an interesting shape and quite 'mysterious' re details. 

post-2326-0-72829500-1513327700.png

P

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

The levers diverge considerably from the signalling plan but these things happen and it's nice to see a decent Reading design lever frame gracing such a nice signalbox

(A quick count off the small scale plan in this thread indicates 3 yellow levers, c.29 red levers, 6 or 7 blue levers and 9 [possibly 10] black levers.  But not a lot of people know that so no need for our favourite duck to get his feathers in a twist I reckon).

• Like 1