SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Isn't that faggots for posh people?

Faggots, ain't had them in years. With Mrs M being a veggie and the offspring turning their noses up at them. Faggots with mash and garden peas (not frozen peas, I hate frozen peas)

Haslet can't be for posh people it comes from Lincolnshire, and so far I haven't met any posh people form Lincolnshire since we moved here.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Faggots, ain't had them in years. With Mrs M being a veggie and the offspring turning their noses up at them. Faggots with mash and garden peas (not frozen peas, I hate frozen peas)

Haslet can't be for posh people it comes from Lincolnshire, and so far I haven't met any posh people form Lincolnshire since we moved here.

I was a great fan of faggots in my yoof, even from Mr Brains, but (being a soft lad southerner) with mushy peas and mash.

I suppose the nearest fing for me now would be Macsween's veggie haggis... who knows?

Edited so as not to offend the Scotch ;)

Edited by Tim Dubya

I was a great fan of faggots in my yoof, even from Mr Brains, but (being a soft lad southerner) with mushy peas and mash.

I suppose the nearest fing for me now would be McSween's veggie haggis... who knows?

Ah MR & MRs MacSwean and their bairns - Scottish heroes the every one of them!

• RMweb Premium

Ah good, a bus on a bridge. Not sure what that tanky is doing blowing steam all over the place so we can't see the bus properly, though.  

Hi Adrian

It looks like an FLF, the second best looking bus ever. :)

All 1960s layouts should have a FLF on the bridge. :sungum: :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

Two Teddy Bears at Barstubble. I recognise that special working. Think they had to just use one of the Teds over the bridge due to weight restriction. Migh be wrong though?

One of my favourite Standards those Teds. Very popular areound Exeter I have read. 

Today I did not spend any time 'modelling'. However, I met up with two good friends (well three actually, but one* was not involved in the railway part of the meet up), received a very kind gift from one, collected an exciting and absolutely wonderfrul item from the other, *provided with a lovely lunch by the third, admired an exceptional layout, failed to resist purchasing a neat little Crane Truck seen eleswhere on this Forum, resisted buying yet another Spam, had my sides manipulated, survived the A1 (twice) and then got home to find two, further very smart items waiting on the kitchen table. What a great day.

I shall spend time tomorrow morning taking some photo's so that you can see some of the above items, (not my sides, or the lunch). I think I can guarantee that one of the items will really blow your minds. 

ATB for now

Phil

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Top stuff Quackers, I too am a lover of the STD 4MT which, until today, I did not know we're called Teddy bears (which I though was a miniscule frilly garment worn by the ladies).

I have two* of the Blackmooon's, one called 'Pristine' and one called 'Filthy'. I can now properly identify each, as 'Filthy' wears a Teddybear.

Today I have mainly given myself a backache from just being, so tomorrow will be a 'rest day' until the dentist at 3:30pm, whereupon I shall pay a lady to hurt me for money... will I ever learn, I hope not :)

Mr. Humphries

*although I'm sure I come home/re-home another if she came my way... and the STD 4 ;)

PS: "I'm free!"

Edited by Tim Dubya
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi All

I don't know if you have seen the thread about tender engines on branch lines without turn tables? So far no one has said when they get to the end a big hand comes out the sky and picks it up and turns it around. :locomotive: :locomotive:

The big hand reappears to put the tender on when it derails on the first point (turnout for Tim and other P4 modellers). :nono: :nono:

Teddy Bears? Well I consulted Billy, my Teddy Bear and he says that it is a post preservation name given to Swindon/Paxman 0-6-0 Type 1 diesels. :rtfm:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Teddy Bear seems to have been a west country term for these beauties. Wonder if it was because they were tough and strong but looked quite cuddly (can a loco look cuddly?)

Fortunately I have an excuse to have one (or two if you mcount my ancient Wrenn example) at the Junction and thanks to 2manyspams I have a tidy example.

Phart

• RMweb Premium

whereupon I shall pay a lady to hurt me for money... will I ever learn, I hope not :).

Isn't that the dream of many a male?

What them Scottish things what preservatives got on the cheap like?

Is that really a relevant comment about that most noble of things Scottish - the Haggis?

• RMweb Premium

What them Scottish things what preservatives got on the cheap like?

Point is fine Clive, as thinking about it, a good 'turnout' is what one has in the morning (subject to not having too many Dr drugs and lots of fibre).

post-16423-0-19131600-1513189418_thumb.jpg

One these things.....look I soldered it not glued it.

Edit T'others is glued.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Ooooo look at you with your electric glue!

Top stuff Clive!

Don't some of those deasesels have kettles hidden in them?

Steam generators was a term used to describe the train heating boiler......other words, yes.

That photo was taken about 6 layouts ago, and I still haven't painted it.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Steam generators was a term used to describe the train heating boiler......other words, yes.

That photo was taken about 6 layouts ago, and I still haven't painted it.

That's not long at all, I've been meaning to build my train set for 15 years and me half finished junction (#P4Talk) has taken 3 months so far.

So you model steamers then (even though they're hidden) ;)

Edited by Tim Dubya

• RMweb Premium

That's not long at all, I've been meaning to build my train set for 15 years and me half finished junction (#P4Talk) has taken 3 months so far.

So you model steamers then (even though they're hidden) ;)

I have a small collection of steam locomotives, even a G*R one but it is thankfully in a nice red livery.

I am even thinking of making a Caportti Black Five form a Railroad model. And if that is successful a B16/3 using a Hunt as a basis.

post-16423-0-90415300-1513193437_thumb.jpg

I was brave enough to post this one on the DEMU forum.

post-16423-0-27055900-1513193448_thumb.jpg

post-16423-0-65282400-1513193539_thumb.jpg

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 8

Today I have mainly given myself a backache from just being, so tomorrow will be a 'rest day' until the dentist at 3:30pm, whereupon I shall pay a lady to hurt me for money... will I ever learn, I hope not :)

Mr. Humphries

*although I'm sure I come home/re-home another if she came my way... and the STD 4 ;)

PS: "I'm free!"

A 'kinky" lady dentist? :swoon:

Brian.