SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Though the road be long and bumpy

I don't care, cos I got scrumpy

I shall have to go to our local Ice Cream Restaurant (yes, it really is) and get several bottles of Herefordshire's best (scrumps, not ice cream) so that I don't have to think about there being chaos in the NHS and 12 hour waiting times at A & E etc. Optimist that I am, obviously. Well they say an apple a day keeps the Dr away do they not, so if I drink a whole pan load of apples I should be as fit as a Chello.

D. Regs

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I scratchbuilt some more vegetable soup this evening. Not sure if it's relevant to anything, but I thought ought to know.

Vegetable soup, if heated nicely, gives one a warm feeling at least twice. Thus one feels more like being cultured on ANTB and also encourages supportive comments about Ducks.

Arsh

• RMweb Gold

Vegetable soup, if heated nicely, gives one a warm feeling at least twice. Thus one feels more like being cultured on ANTB and also encourages supportive comments about Ducks.

Arsh

post-14122-0-40204100-1512765695.jpg

Edited by nhy581
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Why do you whisper, Sea Bass

Why tell the lobster what ain't so

Whispering Haddock, the lobster don't have to know, no, no

Why tell them all your secrets

Who kissed there long ago

Whispering Haddock, the lobster don't need to know

• Like 2

One of the most annoying things about this forum is that it sends you through the text of the messages to your email, but not the pix that went with them.

So even though I try not to visit ( honestly darling I do. I really, really do) I have to  visit just to see the context of the comments ( i.e. the pics)

Then I find myself compelled to reply.

It's a classifiable illness this you know - SMC (Social Meejuh Compulsion) - the inability to leave it alone.

Anyway, I've had a very relaxed day on my steroids, feeling pleasantly spaced out, supplemented into the evening by a couple of (generous) drams of 15 year old Glenfarclas - @Dr. Duck - I highly recommend it as a cure for most ailments!

• RMweb Premium

Lovely!  This is also lovely, green and great hooters.

attachicon.gife884847c45edd123bea9526b5171ad82--relief-victoria.jpg

In other news, a well known Philosopher of Germanic tendencies fell into the Pecoboob threads and felt compelled to write this:

Once upon a time, in some out of the way corner of that universe which is dispersed into numberless twinkling solar systems, there was a star upon which clever beasts invented knowing. That was the most arrogant and mendacious minute of "world history," but nevertheless, it was only a minute. After nature had drawn a few breaths, the star cooled and congealed, and the clever beasts had to die.  One might invent such a fable, and yet he still would not have adequately illustrated how miserable, how shadowy and transient, how aimless and arbitrary the human intellect looks within nature. There were eternities during which it did not exist. And when it is all over with the human intellect, nothing will have happened. For this intellect has no additional mission which would lead it beyond human life. Rather, it is human, and only its possessor and begetter takes it so solemnly-as though the world's axis turned within it. But if we could communicate with the gnat, we would learn that he likewise flies through the air with the same solemnity, that he feels the flying center of the universe within himself. 

I'll have some of what he's on please.

• RMweb Gold

Why is Mike tied to the wall?

Actually Billy Jean (the owl) was tied to a rather nice blond lady ;)

Owls' bones are mainly hollow and thus they don't weigh a lot compared to their apparrent bulk, however if they crap on you, you will notice.

Chatting up the birds then Mike? :mosking:

P

And here I am chatting to Echo the Harris Hawk - who was very chatty and it seems we got on so well that I was given the honour of him eating his lunch (a dead chick) from my hand.  The second photo shows him in the process of getting down part of the chick, which I was holding between my thumb and forefinger and I had to slightly loosen my grip on the final part of it as it was well down in the gap between the thumb and finger.

post-6859-0-78420800-1512822212_thumb.jpg

post-6859-0-41631100-1512822222_thumb.jpg

• Like 10