SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

I recall a cracking one-liner from Jasper Carrott thus:

'We've had a woman prime minister for 10 years and it's only now that they're talking about mad cow disease'

(Reported speech, you understand. Wasn't me who actually said it...)

Is Mr Carrot dead yet?

P

• RMweb Premium

Snow.....................lots of snow!

Going home whilst I can, I maybe sometime.

R Tik

Ours is due on Sunday. SWMBO is going to Haworth tomorrow (snow there already); I don't expect to see her again for several weeks. :O

P

I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned Tony Hancock yet.

Oh, I just did...

[Doc] 'That's just a smear'

[Hancock] 'It might be a smear to you mate, but it's life and death to some poor bloke!'

Shall we just keep this little conversation going between ourselves, John?

• RMweb Premium

[Doc] 'That's just a smear'

[Hancock] 'It might be a smear to you mate, but it's life and death to some poor bloke!'

Shall we just keep this little conversation going between ourselves, John?

The Hancock blood donor sketch is not funny. You spend ten years of your working life hearing it misquoted 2 or 3 times an hour it starts to make people like Phillip Hammond or Dianne Abbot seem funny.

• RMweb Premium

Turning the subject back to trains, I believe that Mr Duck was making enquires on one thread or another, I forget which one on curving Bullied / Mk 1 coach sides and I wish him to consider this suggestion.

I would roll the entire side to the curve of the top part of the coach and once satisfied, roll in the tumblehome / turnunder as normal.

Rollme Overintheclover.

• RMweb Premium

Turning the subject back to trains, I believe that Mr Duck was making enquires on one thread or another, I forget which one on curving Bullied / Mk 1 coach sides and I wish him to consider this suggestion.

I would roll the entire side to the curve of the top part of the coach and once satisfied, roll in the tumblehome / turnunder as normal.

Rollme Overintheclover.

BR followed Mr Bulleid with a continuous curve from top to bottom.

I have in the past curved plastic card Mk1 coach sides using the rolling pin. I rolled the sides before removing the excess at teh top and bottom so the middle bit taht i wanted had the same curve through out. This I think would be harder with the non-preformed early etched comet sides, aren't the more recent (post 1990s) ones already bent?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

BR followed Mr Bulleid with a continuous curve from top to bottom.

I have in the past curved plastic card Mk1 coach sides using the rolling pin. I rolled the sides before removing the excess at teh top and bottom so the middle bit taht i wanted had the same curve through out. This I think would be harder with the non-preformed early etched comet sides, aren't the more recent (post 1990s) ones already bent?

Bedford sides Clive; Comet don't do the Restaurant Kitchen D2660.

I reckon SWMBO's Rolling Pin is about the right shape rather than a gurt piece of scaffold. I might experiment with a decorating roller as well (no sniggering at the back).

So, having recovered somewhat from the bursting Sinus face ache thing, I find myself being annoyed that the Bachman Bulleids are not only quite crude models (no, they don't swear or watch TV in their pants and string vest) but feeble in detail. I had noticed a few weeks back that one of the Bulleid Brake coaches I had acquired from goodness knows where, did not have an interior. That led me to start taking it apart and thus noticed how poor the UF detail was/is. Also, how could I have not noticed before that they do not have Solebar Footboards?

So today I decided to have a good check up in my King, having been checking some other details about the Rebuilt Taverns. As everyone except me knew/knows, the Baccy Brake represents a D2123 BK SO2 I think it is (well the number on this particular coach is for a D2123) and it sort of does that.

I identified what the undergubbins should be like for my era and I also have the relevant interior plan. I will need a few of these so I'll just adapt this and a few others. The rest will be converted using relevant Comet sides and other additional detailing parts for D2406 versions (proper job Loose Brakes); the roof will need some alteration work due to the position of the bog, but I may just forget that unless it looks too silly.

What I might do in the next few days is pop up The Junction and just have a check of my other Baccy Bulleids to see if they all need 'improving'. I suspect they will. As a good friend has suggested, maybe the winter is a time for doing this sort of modelling rather than spending long periods in the loft. I think he is correct.

I have decided that I am an 'innocent' without extensive knowledge, but with enough of a compulsive weakness to need to alter things that I know are glaringly incorrect on stock and will 'annoy my eye'. However I am slack enough to NBA to do stuff that you will never see unless the train crashes and the stock goes arse over elbow. 

Yarrrrroooooo!

P

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Quackers, just wait...

actually don't, otherwise Horner Bee won't be announcing their new hypertension Bullieds in the new year ;)

Yup. I will just have got all the damn things hacked, glued and steaming when lo, the Hornybee will announce an exciting new range of coaches. If that happens I shall cry a river.

Arsh