SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Oh bu##er. I had forgotten that I must have Bird Flu, that's what this is all about. Half this thread is about so##ing illness or mice or Brexit and all the other sh1t that has been going on. 

Grasper Bo####ks

I still have a card somewhere stating that I had been jabbed for bird flu or maybe pig flu, must look it out.

• RMweb Premium

I was going to get the thread back on track with a pic of Nigella cooking breakfast on the shovel on the footplate of a spam can, but google has failed me. Just use your imagination.

Not enough room on the footplate for Nigella's breakfast baps I suppose?

I.N. Jector

• RMweb Premium

Sort of news. Just received some very tidy Bill Bedford sides for Maunsell Dining Cars; Diagrams 2659 X 2 and 2666 + a Bulleid D2660 Dining Car (Bournemouth Stock) and also a small collection of Modelu SR and BR Lamps, these being mainly coach/van Tail-lamps and Guard's Van Lamps. Nice to look at. 
P

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Sort of news. Just received some very tidy Bill Bedford sides for Maunsell Dining Cars; Diagrams 2659 X 2 and 2666 + a Bulleid D2660 Dining Car (Bournemouth Stock) and also a small collection of Modelu SR and BR Lamps, these being mainly coach/van Tail-lamps and Guard's Van Lamps. Nice to look at. 

P

And all nice to work on too Phil?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

And all nice to work on too Phil?

Yes and that, as the law of s#d presides, probably guarantees an announcement from someone that some similar or exact same southern coaches will be in the pipeline (but I can't wait for pipelines, knowing that lots' reputation for 'announcements'). Anyway, at least I shall have fun trying to shape these, with the Bulleid probably being the more difficult as it is Mk1 shaped. The Maunsells are flatter in the top 2/3rds IIRC. Hey ho, Dingles Sale as Gus Honeybun used to say.

P

• Like 2

I know a few mad cows!

I recall a cracking one-liner from Jasper Carrott thus:

'We've had a woman prime minister for 10 years and it's only now that they're talking about mad cow disease'

(Reported speech, you understand. Wasn't me who actually said it...)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

A bit late to the party I know, next appointment with Count Dracula for me is three weeks today. Knocking on the door of 45 donations now despite a gap when I couldn't donate due to medication.

I always find I'm on a high afterwards wanting to bounce off the walls - strange how it affects different folk in different ways ...

• RMweb Gold

I know a few mad cows!

Jethro opening remarks at one of his commercially taped 'dos' from the 1990s:

Paraphrased due to poor memory - 'Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Tonight we are going to be discussing a number of important and controversial topics affecting the country today, such as issues like BSE and PMT. One is also known as Mad Cow Disease and the other is some kind of agricultural problem'.

Edited by Captain Kernow

• RMweb Premium

A bit late to the party I know, next appointment with Count Dracula for me is three weeks today. Knocking on the door of 45 donations now despite a gap when I couldn't donate due to medication.

I always find I'm on a high afterwards wanting to bounce off the walls - strange how it affects different folk in different ways ...

Until recently I used to feel revitalised after a session and then, after a few days, I would be feeling fitter than I had for a long while.  SWMBO has a really rare group and used to donate when she were a lass, but then after our first born she had to give up as she became really unwell after donations. She always feels really guilty as she has such a rare type.  I shall be very disappointed if I have to give up.

I received a text today saying my latest bag (no not another SWMBO) had gone to the Royal Sussex County Hospital so Smiffy may have to look out for it!

Jusin Littlescratch

• RMweb Gold

A relatively carp start to the day today eventually resulted in us getting most of the things done that we had to.

I was unable to find a suitable small, potted Christmas tree in Endsleigh Garden Centre, Ivybridge, yesterday afternoon, as they seem only to stock a variety with enormous needles (not one for the fainthearted who don't like big needles). An extension to the afternoon's excursion to Chaplins in Plympton yielded nothing of value, as they only had a very few miserly little specimens, which are more probably suited to adorn someone's 'N' scale garden railway.

Today, we needed to stock up on coffee beans, so set out to Exeter, with the intention of getting said beans from our favourite supplier, having a nice (GF) lunch somewhere and perusing the shops. A quick trip to the model shop might also even have been possible.

After driving around various completely full up car parks and getting stuck in the awful traffic for a full 30 minutes, we eventually pulled up in a short stay space next to the coffee supplier, where we cut our losses, stocked up on the vital beans and had a latte to fortify us, before the trip back out of the clogged up city and towards the west again.

Once we were out of Exeter heading west, the stress seemed to melt away, and we made excellent time to the Avon Mill garden centre at Loddiswell (just below the site of the erstwhile station), where we not only found an ideal small, potted tree, but also enjoyed a very tasty lunch (GF for CTMK). No Christmas shopping or the like achieved and no model shops visited, but CTMK has got her new tree (the previous one has grown too big over the years, and I can now barely lift it, as I think she's re-potted it once too often in that time) and got to have lunch bought for her.

Edited by Captain Kernow

• RMweb Premium

Until recently I used to feel revitalised after a session and then, after a few days, I would be feeling fitter than I had for a long while.  SWMBO has a really rare group and used to donate when she were a lass, but then after our first born she had to give up as she became really unwell after donations. She always feels really guilty as she has such a rare type.  I shall be very disappointed if I have to give up.

I received a text today saying my latest bag (no not another SWMBO) had gone to the Royal Sussex County Hospital so Smiffy may have to look out for it!

Jusin Littlescratch

I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned Tony Hancock yet.

Oh, I just did...

• RMweb Premium

Oh look, I recovered in time to see this creep into 36E this evening

post-2326-0-53247800-1512681546_thumb.jpg

Stubby (sorry Stu) little thing that hardly made any noise at all. Nice hooter though.

Not see this here before so I had to stumble out to see it, all wrapped up in my eiderdown and wooly hat.

Phreezing

• Like 10

Lovely!  This is also lovely, green and great hooters.

post-238-0-40329400-1512683001_thumb.jpg

In other news, a well known Philosopher of Germanic tendencies fell into the Pecoboob threads and felt compelled to write this:

Once upon a time, in some out of the way corner of that universe which is dispersed into numberless twinkling solar systems, there was a star upon which clever beasts invented knowing. That was the most arrogant and mendacious minute of "world history," but nevertheless, it was only a minute. After nature had drawn a few breaths, the star cooled and congealed, and the clever beasts had to die.  One might invent such a fable, and yet he still would not have adequately illustrated how miserable, how shadowy and transient, how aimless and arbitrary the human intellect looks within nature. There were eternities during which it did not exist. And when it is all over with the human intellect, nothing will have happened. For this intellect has no additional mission which would lead it beyond human life. Rather, it is human, and only its possessor and begetter takes it so solemnly-as though the world's axis turned within it. But if we could communicate with the gnat, we would learn that he likewise flies through the air with the same solemnity, that he feels the flying center of the universe within himself. 

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

In other news, a well known Philosopher of Germanic tendencies fell into the Pecoboob threads and felt compelled to write this:

Once upon a time, in some out of the way corner of that universe which is dispersed into numberless twinkling solar systems, there was a star upon which clever beasts invented knowing. That was the most arrogant and mendacious minute of "world history," but nevertheless, it was only a minute. After nature had drawn a few breaths, the star cooled and congealed, and the clever beasts had to die.  One might invent such a fable, and yet he still would not have adequately illustrated how miserable, how shadowy and transient, how aimless and arbitrary the human intellect looks within nature. There were eternities during which it did not exist. And when it is all over with the human intellect, nothing will have happened. For this intellect has no additional mission which would lead it beyond human life. Rather, it is human, and only its possessor and begetter takes it so solemnly-as though the world's axis turned within it. But if we could communicate with the gnat, we would learn that he likewise flies through the air with the same solemnity, that he feels the flying center of the universe within himself. 

Yeah, well I think so.

Is this what your big complicated book has taught you?

Are there gnats on the Pecoaboo thread now, because I can't communicate with most on there anymore?

Lovely!  This is also lovely, green and great hooters.

attachicon.gife884847c45edd123bea9526b5171ad82--relief-victoria.jpg

How long before some GW type from ANTB comes along to tell us that it's the wrong shade of green? Get it off, now!