SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

On to Wellow too.

http://www.twotunnels.org.uk/

Are they mellow In Wellow and do they sing 'They Call me Mellow Yellow' in Wellow and say "Wellow, how are you today my luvver?" If nothing else they have a reputation for drinking there and are often wellover the limit. Oh well that's enough of that.

A. Donovan

• RMweb Premium

Are they mellow In Wellow and do they sing 'They Call me Mellow Yellow' in Wellow and say "Wellow, how are you today my luvver?" If nothing else they have a reputation for drinking there and are often wellover the limit. Oh well that's enough of that.

A. Donovan

Maybe but I think it's full of poshers these days, who probably aren't fans of Glaswegians.

They do have a pub with Badger in the title (we'd done several before hand the last time I went there - work Xmas pub crawl, well minibus, tour).

Chin chin

• RMweb Premium

I keep looking at my Black Five, thinking how I m going to convert it to a Caprotti one. I am very tempted to start it. I wonder if I can do my bish bash bosh to the body at Warley while I man the DEMU stand?

Wouldn't that be a bit risky, what wiv all them gricers with diseasels hanging about?

• RMweb Premium

A Caprotti Five is a Diesel, when it's oil fired. There you go. You know you want to.

Would you do a Cometicus Chassis and whizzy bits to save you raiding the coat hangers again?

That FY looks very exciting but the loco's are foreign.

A. B. Ulleid

• RMweb Premium

Last evening the research of coach workings, and Diagrams included in those formations, continued. Not a lot of progress though. There appear to be a limited number of relevant items on the Yahoo group but what is there is gold, pure gold and the listsing for 1961 are just what the Duck ordered.

I'm in posession of part copy of a Platform and Carriage Workings Timetable from 1957/8 but it is SX and I'd like to expand on that (the missing pages) and similar items. I believe the Archives at Kew have a lot of stuff and presumably the NRM has some too? kew....too far. NRM.....easy peasy until one tries identifying whay one actually needs.

Strangely I did find some decent pics of Spacifics on the WOEML that I have not seen before and weirdly, a historic account of the Loco Depot at Horsham (old Town of residence pre 36E) from an ASLEF site! Distraction to say the least.

I've also got to see if there could be a 'missing' Bulleid Coach that might be coveted by SR modellers; that is, a Diagram where decent etched 4mm sides are not available anywhere. Somehow I think that's unlikely but it will be fun searching.

Phil 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

A Caprotti Five is a Diesel, when it's oil fired. There you go. You know you want to.

Would you do a Cometicus Chassis and whizzy bits to save you raiding the coat hangers again?

That FY looks very exciting but the loco's are foreign.

A. B. Ulleid

This is something on the cheap, and an exercise in building a steam loco without using a soldering iron. Unless you break a wire from the blanking plate to the pick ups, like I did. Might throw away the circuit board and hard wire the pickups to the n-gin, less to go wrong and more natural. And more room for extra weight.

I brought the model to practice painting and lining steam locos so why not chop it about and make something not many others have, have fun trying to do so and then practice painting. It might inspire someone who at the moment feel they cannot make anything and that soldering iron thingy looks too scary, into making something and then gaining the confidence to have ago with a soldering iron and a metal loco.

As for for foreign locos I know not one of them a native GER type. :rtfm: The directors are seeking a meeting with the CME  to question him on the steam locomotive types employed. Especially as he has loads of good looking NBL Type 1s, BTH Type 1s, Brush Type 2s, English Electric Type 3s and 4s as well as nearly double the class of Baby Deltics. It is said some of them locos are made by proper toy train companies not thrown together by the fat bald bloke. Rest assured the steam locos are all out the box. :imsohappy:

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 2

Today.............

I was going to learn how to solder, that will make me a proper modeler, but it sounds very dangerous, ask Tony Wright,

I needed to get the manual from the bookshelf, but that is very dangerous, ask Clive,

I was going to book a holiday to Australia, but that will probably be fatal, ask DURM  members,

So I'm popping out for a pint of heavy in Glasgow, should be pretty safe there.

B. Ingsafe.

• RMweb Premium

Today I have been mostly looking at coach kits on web sites. However, I did test my D2668 on the layout to see if the bogies cleared the UF fittings sufficiently for it to run. It did. I'm knackered after 'Doning' so I'm signing off for tonight.

Phil

• RMweb Gold

that BEBoBaW has come up (down) in the world, last time I saw him he was in the nick for being a ginger (or something).

In Railtrack days, some of us thought that he looked like Gerald Corbett, so we referred to Gerald Corbett as 'The Bishop'.