SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

Hi Dr G-F

Were you swearing at it in English......if you were that might be the problem It didn't understand you. No matter how loud you shout at a Frenchman they never understand what you are on about but continue to smile and look at you as if they are saying "Stupide Anglais", like the radiator grille on a Renault does.

Simple answer to that - just tell to eff off in colloquial French, works quite well on the beggars in Paris who keep asking people if they're English

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Oh dear, lesson required that is NOT where they go ....

Little things to remember, lift as you hit the s bend so it goes through easier and don't be frightened to push when you reach the prostate. You can usually tell how enlarged it is by how far the patient's eyes pop out.

And remember to have the tail end in the receiver or you have bed sheets to change.

Done a few too many when I was nursing.

• RMweb Premium

Little things to remember, lift as you hit the s bend so it goes through easier and don't be frightened to push when you reach the prostate. You can usually tell how enlarged it is by how far the patient's eyes pop out.

And remember to have the tail end in the receiver or you have bed sheets to change.

Done a few too many when I was nursing.

Ouch. It was the bit about the patient's eyes popping out that made, well, my eyes pop out.

• RMweb Gold

No matter how loud you shout at a Frenchman they never understand what you are on about but continue to smile and look at you as if they are saying "Stupide Anglais", like the radiator grille on a Renault does.

I once witnessed a kind of reverse scenario, when (as a very lucky BR employee) I had been chosen to attend a two week 'course' at the 'College of Europe' in Bruges, along with three other BR delegates and a load of railway people from other European administrations. At the end of the 'course' we had a two day trip (again, 'all expenses paid' - this really was the biggest perk that you could get in BR at the time, I think) to Budapest, which had only just thrown off the shackles of communism.

I was in a small group of friends, which included a rather large Luxembourg chap, who happened to be the shedmaster of Luxembourg Shed (and by definition, the whole of Luxembourg Railways, I suppose). We were trying to purchase tickets for the Budapest metro, from a kiosk which was staffed by a small, elderly babushka. She didn't understand a word of French or English, but the Shedmaster just kept shouting at her (well, speaking loudly and forcefully) in French, and after a little while she just shrugged and gave us some tickets, which seemed to do the trick on the metro, anyway.

Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

For some strange reason my nuts are feeling quite warm today. I may need to seek medical advice.

So, on another thread I see that 'my CCE' has been active in a place somwhere foreign (south of Watford) and his client has been building scenery; a whole damn maountain FFS. This worries me as I have done bu##er all like that yet. Maybe I'll go and start n...........................................................................................................

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

For some strange reason my nuts are feeling quite warm today. I may need to seek medical advice.

So, on another thread I see that 'my CCE' has been active in a place somwhere foreign (south of Watford) and his client has been building scenery; a whole damn maountain FFS. This worries me as I have done bu##er all like that yet. Maybe I'll go and start n...........................................................................................................

In Poland, taking cash from one's wallet usually results in interest and helpfulness, well from the Loco Crews anyway. Works quite well in Bars and Cafes as well.

Dobri. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Talking of nuts, I'm on very dodgy ground at the moment...

post-1328-0-26766800-1510918712_thumb.jpg

Edit: We're proper council, you get issued a pair of bolt cutters when you move into Foxhill.

TBH we spent ages trying to think about where we got them from.  Turns out Nola's (completely insane) Japanese friend bought them to 'take her bed apart' when she moved.  We've just used them to cut up the springs on our old sofa, which had a shed load of rubberised horse hair matting in it... which I didn't save as I am a muppet!

Edited by Tim Dubya

• RMweb Premium

Talking of nuts, I'm on very dodgy ground at the moment...

attachicon.gifNollys Nut Crackers.jpg

Edit: We're proper council, you get issued a pair of bolt cutters when you move into Foxhill.

TBH we spent ages trying to think about where we got them from.  Turns out Nola's (completely insane) Japanese friend bought them to 'take her bed apart' when she moved.  We've just used them to cut up the springs on our old sofa, which had a shed load of rubberised horse hair matting in it... which I didn't save as I am a muppet!

And there's me thinking Mrs Dubya was helping you build your points what you can buy from Peco.

• RMweb Premium

Simple answer to that - just tell to eff off in colloquial French, works quite well on the beggars in Paris who keep asking people if they're English

Out of curiosity I put "fiche le camp" into Google translate and got "get out"...I didn't know Google sanitised its translations....

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

And there's me thinking Mrs Dubya was helping you build your points what you can buy from Peco.

Actually I'm helping Mrs Dubya™ with her new kit today, details of 'what's on the sprues' can be found here.

PS: DR Morti, I'm building an exact copy of a Peco© medium radius point* in ply and plastic 'cos they ain't built one yet but I reckom we're level pegging when it comes to release date :)

• RMweb Premium

So the daughterly unit says 'what's that?',  and I thoughtlessly replied 'Dirty Charlie'.  Said Charlotte (aka Charlie or Lottie) clouts parental unit and says to keep my thoughts to myself about what she and (hubby) Gaz get up to....sheesh.  Kids.  Even 32 year old kids!

One fer't duck, then....Suthen type loco. Dirty Q1, not a ......

post-10195-0-13201500-1510936018_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

So the daughterly unit says 'what's that?',  and I thoughtlessly replied 'Dirty Charlie'.  Said Charlotte (aka Charlie or Lottie) clouts parental unit and says to keep my thoughts to myself about what she and (hubby) Gaz get up to....sheesh.  Kids.  Even 32 year old kids!

One fer't duck, then....Suthen type loco. Dirty Q1, not a ......

attachicon.gifP1130885s.jpg

`thought they were called Charlies? Either way I don't know who's model it is but blinking realistic

• RMweb Premium

Actually I'm helping Mrs Dubya™ with her new kit today, details of 'what's on the sprues' can be found here.

PS: DR Morti, I'm building an exact copy of a Peco© medium radius point* in ply and plastic 'cos they ain't built one yet but I reckom we're level pegging when it comes to release date :)

Hi Tim

"Keep up" you say, :read: that is four or five P4 failures ago isn't it? :dontknow: :dontknow:

Out of curiosity I put "fiche le camp" into Google translate and got "get out"...I didn't know Google sanitised its translations....

Doesn't seem to be especially ######-worthy, as it's on this Canadian animal deterrent:

post-6971-0-89346900-1510939630.jpg

and in this well-known song - Fiche le camp, Jack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuoUCiVhZSs