SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

OK, here's the rest

attachicon.gifWP_20171110_13_49_50_Pro.jpg

Last seen on 'Wright writes', Tony's recreation of 4498 in early preservation guise has 'escaped' to the Southern Region. I believe she did a railtour or two 'darn sarf', but I don't think on the WoEML

attachicon.gifWP_20171110_13_50_43_Pro.jpg

But we won't let a little detail like that worry us as she plunges into Honiton tunnel

attachicon.gifWP_20171110_13_58_26_Pro.jpg

Noticing another streamlined shape peeking above the top of a Pecaboo loco lift, the opportunity was taken to pose the two together at The Junction

Finally, here's the bit of video promised

And to tease you a little further - if you happen to be coming to Warley, I have it on good authority that No.4498 will be running on the 1967 layout...

I have evidence of 22 and 24 at SOSJ but I think No 7 went to Bournmouth/Weymouth. 

That vid looks really good with a realistic speed on the up fast. Thanks G.

My 22 is a Railroad version and was cheap as chips, but runs as smootly as a smooth thing. I shall be taking advice on how to 'detail' it sufficiently to pass muster on its' down Special (Feb 1963).

P

• Like 2

Qouth the duck....

"City of Wells is just one to which I have fitted a Decoder. Tender and lining layout is wrong for my era really but I don't give a ### at the moment. I suppose I could use it for early years work but even then I think the loco needs relining; I would have to check the archive or Spams' mighty database. "

Fear not Fillip, this magnificent list:

http://www.bulleidsociety.org/OVS_Bulleid/OVSB_Light_Pacifics.html

An invaluable reference, shows that 34092 did not receive a modified tender or later crest until November 1962! You're safe!

Cheers from Oz,

Peter C.

• RMweb Premium

Qouth the duck....

"City of Wells is just one to which I have fitted a Decoder. Tender and lining layout is wrong for my era really but I don't give a ### at the moment. I suppose I could use it for early years work but even then I think the loco needs relining; I would have to check the archive or Spams' mighty database. "

Fear not Fillip, this magnificent list:

http://www.bulleidsociety.org/OVS_Bulleid/OVSB_Light_Pacifics.html

An invaluable reference, shows that 34092 did not receive a modified tender or later crest until November 1962! You're safe!

oh ta. I don't think I've looked at that before. I shall have a good look when I get up for breakfast

Cheers from Oz,

Peter C.

• RMweb Gold

OK, here's the rest

attachicon.gifWP_20171110_13_49_50_Pro.jpg

Last seen on 'Wright writes', Tony's recreation of 4498 in early preservation guise has 'escaped' to the Southern Region. I believe she did a railtour or two 'darn sarf', but I don't think on the WoEML

attachicon.gifWP_20171110_13_50_43_Pro.jpg

But we won't let a little detail like that worry us as she plunges into Honiton tunnel

attachicon.gifWP_20171110_13_58_26_Pro.jpg

Noticing another streamlined shape peeking above the top of a Pecaboo loco lift, the opportunity was taken to pose the two together at The Junction

Finally, here's the bit of video promised

And to tease you a little further - if you happen to be coming to Warley, I have it on good authority that No.4498 will be running on the 1967 layout...

Thanks Graham,

Just out of interest, did you try the RTR A4 on the same rake? I imagine it would have hauled it, because the stock seems to be plastic RTR (is this so?). On LB, SIR NIGEL took 14 kit-built brass/white metal bogies, hence (because of your needs) my choice of building an A4. 

• Like 1

Thanks Graham,

Just out of interest, did you try the RTR A4 on the same rake? I imagine it would have hauled it, because the stock seems to be plastic RTR (is this so?). On LB, SIR NIGEL took 14 kit-built brass/white metal bogies, hence (because of your needs) my choice of building an A4. 

All RTR apart from the Buffet Car, which Mr Duck has featured earlier on this thread.

We didn't try the RTR A4 but we did run 34092 with the rake which she handled fine. Well, I say that - there was an interesting moment with the W/C when we brought said train to a stand into the Up loop. Upon attempting to restart, we got a very realistic Bulleid spin and she got stuck on the points exiting the loop back out onto the main! Only by backing up and taking a rather unrealistic run at the crossover did she manage to leave the station. However, the General Manager had already asked me to look at the trackwork in that area as there was a slight difference in levels where the scenic area ends and the off stage area begins. I had already done some judicious packing on the main lines to improve things and, upon closer examination there was a noticeable dip where the loop joins the crossover to the main. Some packing there too has now eased that a bit.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifpost-16151-0-89994100-1510521813.jpg

looks like rain...

Actually there is an Alien attempting to burst through the foil if you look carefully.

That A4 could have hauled a lot more than that even with the 3'6" rad and one or two tighter section curves at the ends. Most of my stock is out of the box or kit bag (plastic) including the Maunsell Dining Car in this formation, however there are quite a lot of Comet kits ready and to be done and a couple of oddity builds as well. I suspect my Spams will have problems with some of those if bunched together. 

Phil

You found him!!! (Missing in action since Warley 2016)

You leave Warley, hes in the back of your car, kidnaps you, demanding why you left him behind. 

"Henry the Hoover, faithful vacuum or deranged kidnapper; Henry the Bagger? " 

:sarcastic:  :sarcastic:

• RMweb Premium

Good morning and welcome, especially to our Soviet friends. Today I shall be mainly looking at an opened box of Comet Coach parts (eto nabor zheleznodorozhnykh modeley)

and then falling asleep (probably). Bit of coach fondling today as I CBA to go in the loft.

Phil

Колбаса в день может создать большой энтузиазм для очистки бутылок с молоком.

I spy with my little eye

post-20303-0-98128600-1510656433.jpg

S.Tampitout

Edited by bgman

• RMweb Gold

And they think we're mad? - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/41973119/why-do-people-still-think-the-earth-is-flat

Personally, I think there should be a Hollow Moon Society. That would show those Flat Earthers what insanity really looks like.

If you join the Hollow Moon Society, you get your very own personal attendant in a white coat.

Edited by Captain Kernow