SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Honourable Duck

Do you think given the way conversations flow around here you should rename the thread 'Rambling Around Seaton Junction'? IT dies see to sum up what goes on

And long may it continue!

Can I use that as the title of the forthcoming book about the layout? Acknowlegement on the flies of course.

P. U. Blisher

• RMweb Premium

I've just put a rather nice photo of one of Phil's engines on my thread, and I thought he might like to see it on here too.

post-98-0-60608400-1510307231_thumb.jpg

It is a rather fine model of an imposing prototype, don't you think? Have to dash now, as I've been summoned to unveil the new signs at the entrance to *******borough, after which I have to look at a plank.

• Like 11

Can I use that as the title of the forthcoming book about the layout? Acknowlegement on the flies of course.

P. U. Blisher

Are we allowed to mention 'acknowledgement on the flies' bearing in mind Portia de Rossi's recent revelations about Steven Segal? http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/11/09/portia-de-rossi-says-steven-seagal-unzipped-his-leather-pants-during-audition.html

I've just put a rather nice photo of one of Phil's engines on my thread, and I thought he might like to see it on here too.

attachicon.gif35019 again.JPG

It is a rather fine model of an imposing prototype, don't you think? Have to dash now, as I've been summoned to unveil the new signs at the entrance to *******borough, after which I have to look at a plank.

THere's more than a touch of Peppercorn  about that mighty beast, but then he and OVS were colleagues under the great master HNG

egal?

Edited by bigwordsmith
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gif35019 again.JPG

Lovely loco that it is ( probably), why does no one ever moan about the huge ginormous gap between loco and tender?

• RMweb Gold

Come on guys it been a full 12 hours, I want to to be like SOS, LB and PN but with overhead wires and Woodhead electrics.

I had made a start, but I'm still only halfway through adding the couple of hundred wires for this 2-wire DCC layout.

They are nicely weathered though, and are routed for the eventual caravans and ablutions block you'll need to add later.

• RMweb Premium

Moan. There you go Strubberyers!

Thanks a lot Gilbert. Lovely pic.  I'd be more concerned about the lack of any brake gear and coc# pipes. Those ######ds at Spittle Bridge also nicked the copper whistle fitting but I found it on my workbench.

Y. O. Bullpepper.

• RMweb Premium

And it must have a steam shed for my G*R King. I have a very nice Lima one, anyone know how to get it to go?

My Lima King had the opposite problem. It was hard to get it to stop, to the extent that it drove itself into the turntable pit at Leeds Victoria when nobody was looking, at a Leeds show about 40 years ago.

The Southern, where men were men and so were women ;)

I sent a a shop assistant into gales of laughter recently after she mentioned she had a Welsh boyfriend (don''t ask)

Adopting my best Tom Jones voice I said 'Ah Wales. Where men are men, and sheep are frightened"

The Southern, where men were men and so were women ;)

Possibly true even now in the Brighton area!

• RMweb Premium

I sent a a shop assistant into gales of laughter recently after she mentioned she had a Welsh boyfriend (don''t ask)

Adopting my best Tom Jones voice I said 'Ah Wales. Where men are men, and sheep are frightened"

Possibly true even now in the Brighton area!

Probably the reason why the depot is called Lovers Walk.

Hat, coat and gloves, bye bye.

• RMweb Premium

Today I was fortunate to have a visit from the CCE. He even arranged for the actual 60103 to take part, along with slightly smaller *guest locomotives in the loft. I'm sure they will appear on a thread near you.

What I thought were complete arse glitches with a couple of areas of track, were fettled within minutes. Trickery was checked and things seem to be OK but two things are required.

1. The Fiddle Sidings need to be a District that can be isolated so that occasional DC running can take place using visiting DC loco's on the main line. I will check the BUS but I'm sure that can be achieved easily.

2. I can't remember what that was!  :scared:

Ideas for spurs and cassettes, as organised on P North, were passed as a probable good idea. A strategy for what happens next was considered and the future sounds exciting. However it means I need to get my arse in gear and get stuff done in the Station down side and Branch/West yard areas. I need to make a tasks list.

There was also some discussion about the new Pecoboo Unifrog Point and it was lovingly caressed. It did not report us to any authority. The item looks bigger than, but is actually the same size as, an existing C75 medium rad. product. It does look very weird next to C75 Peco Universal and even looks a little odd next to C & L Bullhead. 

It is very flexible and that seems like a great bonus for users.

I might pop one on the layout and see if it works; well maybe.

When i think of something else I shall post again.

Philterpaper

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Today I was fortunate to have a visit from the CCE. He even arranged for the actual 60103 to take part, along with slightly smaller *guest locomotives in the loft. I'm sure they will apeear on a thread near you.

What I thought were complete arse glitches with a couple of areas of track, were fettled within minutes. Trickery was checked and things seem to be OK but two things are required.

1. The Fiddle Sidings need to be a District that can be isolated so that occasional DC running can take place using visiting DC loco's on the main line. I will check the BUS but I'm sure that can be achieved easily. Any DCC loco's elswhere on the layout would be removed.

2. I can't remember what that was!  :scared:Yes I can. I need to work out how I can switch to DC ops without undoing the DCC feeds (but that will have to be switched out/off of course).

Ideas for spurs and cassettes, as organised on P North, were passed as a probable good idea. A strategy for what happens next was considered and the future sounds exciting. However it means I need to get my arse in gear and get stuff done in the Station down side and Branch/West yard areas. I need to make a tasks list.

There was also some discussion about the new Pecoboo Unifrog Point and it was lovingly caressed. It did not report us to any authority. The item looks bigger than, but is actually the same size as, an existing C75 medium rad. product. It does look very weird next to C75 Peco Universal and even looks a little odd next to C & L Bullhead. 

It is very flexible and that seems like a great bonus for users.

I might pop one on the layout and see if it works; well maybe.

When i think of something else I shall post again.

Philterpaper

I thought of something else. The CCE is also a signals  fan and knows loads about wires and interlocking and how to get things to work in a safe way operationally and as prototypically as possible with a trainset. Thus, there could well be a suitable leaver frame going in more or less opposite where the  Junction S. Box was/will be situated. The frame could be creatively placed in a Dairy building; that sounds like a lot of fun.

As for me, I have fettled a final point where the Branch hidden storage siding for the PP Set and loco is situated and it now works correctly and I have identified a Fulgurex to drive it using 2 wires only as the point has a Juicer fitted already. So DCC does just need 2 wires after all. Hoorah.

CCE identified why my west, trailing cross over was not working correctly. I had not cleaned the switch blades correctly after replacing the original cross over; doh!

In conclusion for the time being, it looks as if the set up works OK over extended trial running and importantly the scenic sections look secure and ready to be prepped for initial scenic work/ballast where it won't impede future work. The fiddle also seems to be adequate and operationally OK apart from the addition of some spurs. So there is no excuse now not to get on and make this thing look a bit more like a model of a place rather than some rails on boards.

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 4