SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

Weren't 4 VEPS drafty compared to ER slam door stock. Not only would departing passengers not close the door windows (or the doors) but half way down the coach some blighter would open the sliding ventilator. Didn't have them on the ER, but we did have lazy gits who would not close the door window (or the door).  

the VEPS were probably one of the worst iterations of the Mk1 for a lot of reasons. Funnily enough when the Electrostars came in on the T.Wells route we were all amazed at how much they pitched around compared to the VEPS _ even the TTCs hated them.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Weren't 4 VEPS drafty compared to ER slam door stock. Not only would departing passengers not close the door windows (or the doors) but half way down the coach some blighter would open the sliding ventilator. Didn't have them on the ER, but we did have lazy gits who would not close the door window (or the door).  

Indeed. On the Brighton line, most passengers preferred a CIG (or a BIG, to keep the buffet theme going).

• RMweb Premium

Sorry chaps, Rule 6 relates to ratio of backscene height relative to total layout area. The wrong way is shown on the right of the photo below  :nono:

gallery_8865_4340_115929.jpg

I see her fingering is up to standard.

Harumph.

A. Bannedbloke

P.S. That's Pecoboo HO Code 83 that is.

Edited by Mallard60022

Sorry chaps, Rule 6 relates to ratio of backscene height relative to total layout area. The wrong way is shown on the right of the photo below :nono:

gallery_8865_4340_115929.jpg

I see they’ve pinned all the ends of the sleepers down with track pins, but are they Hornby or Peco?

• RMweb Premium

Yo, that little burst of nostalgic Crap Cart activity was fun. NWSE was a happy Company and most staff enjoyed their work and trains generally ran on time.

So this morning I received a very nice package from Pompee and a selection of Glenn's beautifully kept MK1s (thanks dear boy) were contained within; but not for long as I had a Diversion to set up. One of the newly arrived* Decoders also played its part; I shall explain shortly*.

I have not checked the CWN arrangements so I made up this train just for today. It would be one of the main WR Expresses (including an RU and BG) from the Midlands or Lundin, diverted via Yeovil due to flooding in the Box area (no sniggering please), or some other mishap that happened too frequently on that other line to the west. I have the evidence.

post-2326-0-86175800-1510062579_thumb.jpg

So 5927 (not long out fo Works) and D6315 (that couldn't manage the load alone (due to Honiton Incline and it was carp anyway) overtakes a Waterloo Exeter stopper (at a virtual Platform 2) so as to get a run at the Incline. The Baby Warship had been 'borrowed' en route and as it now has a *Decoder was able to contribute. 

I think the C & C Coaches look quite smart. Simply a test train of course to see if anything would fall off or fail; nothing did.

There was another new Decoder and a pre used one that went into 2 engines this a.m. Pics of the results of that to come later.

Ar$£

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Look like chairs to me - given the fine scale appearance dare I suggest that nothing of that quality has ever come from either stable?

It is the Pecoboo Finescale HO Code 83 for foreign layouts. The Points will be discussed in full at a later date.

A.N.Noying

I mentioned a visitor to The Junction and here is the loco he brought to frighten the locals. 

attachicon.gifthumbnail_IMG_0492mod.jpg

attachicon.gifthumbnail_IMG_0494email.jpg

It was very impressive and I will be even more impressed when he converts it to EM.

That thing would have caused a riot had it appeared at Exmouth Junction.

.....and here is his EM layout that is mostly complete and works nicely. It has proper signals, loads of kit built loco's and everything and a very clever pair of fiddle turntable/fiddles. Great fun to play with. Love that Viaduct......

attachicon.gifthumbnail_IMG_3784 (2).jpg

attachicon.gifthumbnail_IMG_3793 (2).jpg

attachicon.gifthumbnail_IMG_3798.jpg

I aspire to get my scenics as good as this.

Philth

Deeply impressive

Even more deeply jealous

Shame about the extra wide track though 

• RMweb Premium

No, its definitely USA O scale, so probably Atlas code 143. I only found this video because I was told my fingering wasn't satisfactory, so was doing some 'research'  :O

In fairness I should credit the artist in the YouTube video: Laurel Estelle Shoop is performing a cover of Paradise (papers??) by Coldplay. It was filmed at Red Bluff CA. A train is briefly featured at 1:37 min and then it gets more interesting  :onthequiet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xp-DtqbH-k

Vi Olin

She can fiddle with me any time she likes.

D. O. Mann

• RMweb Premium

So a couple of pics to brighten up a very dull evening.

Spot the celebrity locomotives. Pity the Waterloo Exeter is still stuck in Platform 2  :threaten:

post-2326-0-38721000-1510079423_thumb.jpg

Radial en route from Axminster to 72A to sort itself out and let the coaches get a good clean out.

One day the little beauty on the far right of the pic will pose like this.....well, almost :scared:

post-2326-0-43908500-1510079610.jpg

Please respect the Copyright.

Maybe I'll let the Brighton have an outing later? Bit boting though as it is all Mk1s

Laters.

• Like 12

I mentioned a visitor to The Junction and here is the loco he brought to frighten the locals. 

attachicon.gifthumbnail_IMG_0492mod.jpg

attachicon.gifthumbnail_IMG_0494email.jpg

It was very impressive and I will be even more impressed when he converts it to EM.

That thing would have caused a riot had it appeared at Exmouth Junction.

.....and here is his EM layout that is mostly complete and works nicely. It has proper signals, loads of kit built loco's and everything and a very clever pair of fiddle turntable/fiddles. Great fun to play with. Love that Viaduct......

attachicon.gifthumbnail_IMG_3784 (2).jpg

attachicon.gifthumbnail_IMG_3793 (2).jpg

attachicon.gifthumbnail_IMG_3798.jpg

I aspire to get my scenics as good as this.

Philth

I shall resist saying "oh no not another Fordson in the wrong colour" but the rest looks splendid.

N.I.T.Picker

• RMweb Premium

Anybody seen what naughty three legged Neil is up to on the Pecoboo in the nude flesh thread..... he seems to have found a Hornby clockwork key in his shop. :locomotive: :locomotive:

Edited, with a  sorry to Neal Neil

Edited by Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

I shall resist saying "oh no not another Fordson in the wrong colour" but the rest looks splendid.

N.I.T.Picker

Fortunately I have no evidence of a tractor (took me a while to remember that a Fordson is a tractor and not some sort of loco) appearing in the vicinity of The Junction so I should be OK. However, the Dairy (and Dairy Staff) will have some vehicles so should I be afraid, very afraid? Maybe I'll try to only have bikes on view?

All my mishaps on the detail front at the Junction will be with everything, except the buildings which will have been made by professionals (well most of them).

I shall be running competitions on a regular basis around the theme of spot the anomaly for the period represented.

Phil

I struck me Phil that you should have one of these vehicles on your layout -

post-10395-0-85778100-1510148169.png

it is of course IVO Peters famous Bentley

Sadly it seems they have now sold out, however I do have one in box somewhere and would be delighted to send ut over s to SOSJ for appropriate display as and when I reopen them

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

There's a Merchant Navy on Peterborough North Ducky. You're guilty as charged. :jester:

Indeed, as well as the Lyme Regis branch loco, to boot. But I think we all know the chap would love to get an A4 dashing through Save Our Souls Junction, so perhaps Gilbert will get a return match in due course.

• Like 1