SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Interesting how 'Packet' and Peckett' sound so similar.

A Peckett is a posh packet.

If you buy something in a National Trust shop, the lady behind the counter asks you if you would like a beg (happened to us, so it must be true).

She must have been from Edinburgh - Morningside to be precise, where s*x is what the coal comes in.

• RMweb Premium

I have a picture of a Class 22 at Exeter Central, therefore it must have worked up to Yeovil on 'something'. Fortunately I have a Dapol/Kernow Special Edition that can fit the bill and may be employed on a Milky Milky. However, not yet as I don't have a 21 Pin decoder that will fit it at the moment. Yes, I tried fitting it this p.m., just for testing purposes as you do. 

The great news of today is that I have also found the picture I knew I had, of the Gate Stock Set 373 at The Junction. Yessssss. It has the date it was there as well. Such fun.

A. Wibble.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

The great news of today is that I have also found the picture I knew I had, of the Gate Stock Set 373 at The Junction. Yessssss. It has the date it was there as well. Such fun.

A. Wibble.

But I heard it's all wrong and is a cad or something. I fink a fight might be about to break out over the Gaters, lucky I'm not getting a set, as having the batteries in the wrong place would keep me awake at work!

S.Tock

Edited by Tim Dubya

• RMweb Gold

Serious question chaps - sorry.

Whats that big cylindrical thing on the block shelf?

That belonged to Jim 'Horse Radish' Jones, a signalman who worked perpetual night turns and by day fronted a steel band, that played on the front at Sidmouth every Tuesday during the summer months. He kept it in the signal box when not in use. Rumour has it that he also kept a spare pair of socks in there, in case he was caught short.

Despite the well-publicised controversy at the time, he never played in Horrocksford, as he had been warned off by the Chairman of the Bingo Club.

• RMweb Premium

That belonged to Jim 'Horse Radish' Jones, a signalman who worked perpetual night turns and by day fronted a steel band, that played on the front at Sidmouth every Tuesday during the summer months. He kept it in the signal box when not in use. Rumour has it that he also kept a spare pair of socks in there, in case he was caught short.

Despite the well-publicised controversy at the time, he never played in Horrocksford, as he had been warned off by the Chairman of the Bingo Club.

You mean the bootleg cassette tape of Horse Radish's acoustic set at the Horrocksford Non-Workingmen and Skivers Club he did on stripper night could well be a fake?  :swoon: 

• RMweb Premium

Big cylindrical thing? The bobby has got to have something to keep his tea in, surely :<)

Tim T (Soon to be ex- signalling engineer)

um, you said 'serious'

Iron lung init

G. Asping

You mean the bootleg cassette tape of Horse Radish's acoustic set at the Horrocksford Non-Workingmen and Skivers Club he did on stripper night could well be a fake?  :swoon:

Dear oh dear, I suppose I really should have known better...

• RMweb Gold

Serious question chaps - sorry.

Whats that big cylindrical thing on the block shelf?

Not convinced it is on the block shelf, but may be attached to the wall of the box? No idea what it is, so CK’s entirely plausible explanation will have to do.

• RMweb Premium

What strikes me about that photo (Eastleigh?) is how clean and tidy the ground looks, contrary to the received wisdom amongst many railway modellers.

Exmuff Junc.

It's all about ground texture or the lack of it in models that makes or breaks it too.

Edited by Tim Dubya