SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

Which cheek would that be, Dud?

Is that as in Dudley Stubbersley?

Or as in a fashionably shortened version of 'Dude?'

Or is Herr Stubbenshausen actually alleged to be a dud (surely not?).

Edited by Captain Kernow

• RMweb Gold

I had a very interesting book delivered today courtesy of Mr Not Jeremy at Titfield Thunderbolt books, called 'Locomotives and Railways of the Mersey Ducks and Harbour Board'.

Board? Certainly not, it is very interesting indeed.

I commend this book to the House for all who are interested in cute little industrial locos, grimy and atmospheric urban railway locations, railway lines embedded in docksides and the like.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Haven't you missed out a Bostock?

Well, I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition CK.

You had me worried, as I had taken the above from that fount of indisputable knowledge (not) Wikipedia. However, reference to "Monty Python's Flying Circus - Just the Words - Volume 1", Methuen - Mandarin 1990, ISBN 0 7493 0226 7, page 262 - the closest I have to a primary source - confirms that the Silly Party candidate's full name was in fact Tarquin Fin-tim-lin-bin-whin-bim-lin-bus-stop-F'tang-F'tang-Olé-Biscuitbarrel. Not a Bostock in sight I'm afraid.

We apologise unreservedly to Mr Fin-tim-lin-bin-whin-bim-lin-bus-stop-F'tang-F'tang-Olé-Biscuitbarrel, the elected member for Luton, for the unwarranted and undeserved mis-spelling of his name.

And now, a man with a tape-recorder up his nose...

• RMweb Gold

Is that as in Dudley Stubbersley?

Or as in a fashionably shortened version of 'Dude?'

Or is Her Stubbenshausen actually alleged to be a dud (surely not?).

I was concerned about my status as a non-modeller, as I don't make my own track, so have decided to take the other extreme position of actually making my own rail. Just the one, of course, as a true monorailler, and quite short, as befits a boxfile afficionado.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

'Locomotives and Railways of the Mersey Ducks and Harbour Board'.

Would that be a Liver Bird?

Rob.

I was concerned about my status as a non-modeller, as I don't make my own track, so have decided to take the other extreme position of actually making my own rail. Just the one, of course, as a true monorailler, and quite short, as befits a boxfile afficionado.

Where does that leave Me then ? As not only do I not hand build My own track, but am now outed as someone who doesn't scratch build their own Soup ;)

All is not lost however, as I do open all My own boxes without any assistance  :D

These skills must skip a generation as My Father was a scratchbuilder of brass locomotives (and soups) of some note. However I do have lovely soft fingers and hands that have no burn marks !!!!

Edited by The Blue Streak
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Where does that leave Me then ? As not only do I not hand build My own track, but am now outed as someone who doesn't scratch build their own Soup ;)

All is not lost however, as I do open all My own boxes without any assistance  :D

These skills must skip a generation as My Father was a scratchbuilder of brass locomotives (and soups) of some note. However I do have lovely soft fingers and hands that have no burn marks !!!!

Did no one ever suggest to your dad if he didn't dip his fingers in the soup while it was cooking me might not burn his fingers. :scratchhead:

• RMweb Premium

Art is just one letter away from fart. Thought that would start the Sunday off with a serious thought.

As for Duck Railways and similar industrial layouts I see your Cardiff East Duck and bid one Immingham.

Oh yes CK, please do stop mentioning pretty little Industrial Tank Locomotives as it is putting temptation in my remaining Brain Cell. I already have an 0.6.0.that I don't need (one of those bright yelloow DJH things, No 68.) 

Neal of Peel had better get his work shirt pressed this evening as he may find the requirement for a forementioned RTP point in his inbox tomorrow morning. I know he won't have built it for me and I CBA to build one just to show that I can, but who gives a s##t?

Here is some inspiration for today.  

post-2326-0-34462500-1509266000_thumb.jpg

Amen Corner.

P.S. The singer with Amen Corner was Andy Fairweather York......... :no:  

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Art is just one letter away from fart. Thought that would start the Sunday off with a serious thought.

As for Duck Railways and similar industrial layouts I see your Cardiff East Duck and bid one Immingham.

Oh yes CK, please do stop mentioning pretty little Industrial Tank Locomotives as it is putting temptation in my remaining Brain Cell. I already have an 0.6.0.that I don't need (one of those bright yelloow DJH things, No 68.) 

Neal of Peel had better get his work shirt pressed this evening as he may find the requirement for a forementioned RTP point in his inbox tomorrow morning. I know he won't have built it for me and I CBA to build one just to show that I can, but who gives a s##t?

Here is some inspiration for today.  

attachicon.gifImg_0677.jpg

Amen Corner.

P.S. The singer with Amen Corner was Andy Fairweather York......... :no:  

That was a very Low quality joke. Perhaps you were wide-eyed and legless when you thought of it.

Edited by St Enodoc
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I CBA to build one just to show that I can, but who gives a s##t?

I know you can build them Comrade Quackinski for I have seen the wonderful and inspirational evidence ;)

Who gives a shirt?  Strange fellow, have you not heard of charity shops?, where I might add, I purchase all my coasters (after being shipped across country to avoid embarrassment from the shirt giver.... ?)

• RMweb Premium

I did wonder if the ideal one would be a POecoboo boolheed point on a plinth with caricatures of various RMweb posters standing around it  :jester:

Worshipping it Mike, worshipping.

It appears countries have gone to war for less

Worshipping it Mike, worshipping.

It appears countries have gone to war for less

How's about a Flan Flinging Competition to see who can get closest to the Bullheed and ask a well know blogger to judge the winner ?

C. Tar-rant

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

That's a nice Radial.

Rob.

Should have stopped that 'Packet' and stuck the Rad on the front as far as Central. That would have looked seriously weird. Rad is waiting a path to 72A having been replaced that weekend morning by one of the others. Think it happened on a Saturday afternoon or a Sunday but ICBA to look it up. In the Summer the replacement Rad and the 'resident' worked a couple of  Saturday 'through trains' from that there Axminster place & return (in the late 50s/early 60s).

My excuse for having all three Rads (apart from them being cute and with detail differences) is that I need to have one doing this and one going the other way of an early morning and the other one spare so that we can swap them around as happened in reality.

B.Adams.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Interesting how 'Packet' and Peckett' sound so similar.

A Peckett is a posh packet.

If you buy something in a National Trust shop, the lady behind the counter asks you if you would like a beg (happened to us, so it must be true).

Edited by Captain Kernow

• RMweb Premium

Work shirt?  Just a T shirt and a fleecy - my days of shirts, ties and suits are well and truly over, thank quack.

I don't live in Peel BTW, it's out west somewhere, not to my northern tastes.  We live in the top bit.  John does live in Peel though, doesn't take him long to get to work!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Nice BCB-style view of the station building too, very helpful.

....but you can see the chimney pots (attached to the Packet's cab roof) and I'm all excited about those metal chimneys in the Dairy; two have got hinged lids.

I would date this pic at between 5/1958 and 9/59 due to details.  

Phil

• RMweb Premium

Interesting how 'Packet' and Peckett' sound so similar.

A Peckett is a posh packet.

Not only posh but smaller I should imagine?

I went in a National Trust shop once, it was full of jam and the smelt of lavender. 

Ed It:

I can't remember what the Titfield Thunderbox Bookshop smells like... probably biscuits with a hint of book?

Edited by Tim Dubya
  • Like 1