SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Never 'eard of it, mate. Is it anywhere near Lugabarougah?

'Lowbrow' we called it in my stewdent holiday job at UCCA. One day, unfortunately, we sent a form to the university on which we had written this. The admissions department replied, 'We may be, but there's no need to rub it in.'

IIRC that Well Tank was on it's way to Lumndin to work a Special. The 9F was probably one of a few that went to Eastleigh around 1960 to work Oil trains from Fawley (and other stuff like ballasts).

Anyone (other than Mike) notice the pneumatic signals (lovely smooth movement and no bouncing)?

E. Knowsall

I dunno, I rather like the clank and bounce - in signals!

Brian.

• RMweb Premium

In fact it is distilled by the same concern which produces Tarquin's gin  (which I nearly sampled on the following evening but instead stuck with my old favourite Gordon's)

http://www.southwesterndistillery.com

That wouldn't be good old Tarquin Fin-tim-lim-bim-lim-bin-bim-bin-bim bus stop F'tang F'tang Olé Biscuitbarrel by any chance?

• RMweb Premium

That wouldn't be good old Tarquin Fin-tim-lim-bim-lim-bin-bim-bin-bim bus stop F'tang F'tang Olé Biscuitbarrel by any chance?

Oh dear, second pants accident in two days now. I shall have to get some special pads.

Cleethorpes is so poular here that there are only three trains there and back and only on Saturdays. That is unless you are exceptioanlly brave and go via 36A, however that is not recommended. Going via Lincoln is possible but takes all day.

Can I be serious for a moment? No? Ah well, I shall try anyaway.

That pic of Cleethorpes is amazing for details. For example, check out the coaches and the loco's. I wonder if anyone actually went to Cleethorpes from Sidmouth or Exmouth who weren't people that had come from Cleethorpes the previous week or two before?

post-2326-0-83027700-1509175627.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Just watched The Railway Children before heading off to work.

'Daddy...my Daddy!' gets me everytime...

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Interesting picture of Sid and one I've not seen before. I was hoping to build it but reality struck. I may build a mini version one day.

Plenty more photos here:

http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/s/sidmouth/index.shtml

Interesting stock wise too, with NE stock one week (stored back up the branch until the return journey) and SR the next.

Edited by Tim Dubya
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Interesting picture of Sid and one I've not seen before. I was hoping to build it but reality struck. I may build a mini version one day.

Plenty more photos here:

http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/s/sidmouth/index.shtml

Interesting stock wise too, with NE stock one week (stored back up the branch until the return journey) and SR the next.

Yup, several coaches went up to Tipton St John but I've seen pics with two Gresleys in the old Bay/Engine Shed siding where the Maunsells are in that small pic.

sidmouth(harden1960s)old16.jpg

Gresley all door and a Mk 1 in this shot.

sidmouth(jmc1960s)old18.jpg

3(?) Gresleys in this shot

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium

... I may build a mini version one day...

Do you think you can build it in 4' x 20"?

The SWC (secret handshake ;) ) have plans for the goods and engine sheds I think.  I do have 3 spams (Plymuff would be too heavy being a rebuild)  a couple of Standard 4's, M7's but no Greasely's,

P. Dream

• RMweb Premium

Do you think you can build it in 4' x 20"?

The SWC (secret handshake ;) ) have plans for the goods and engine sheds I think.  I do have 3 spams (Plymuff would be too heavy being a rebuild)  a couple of Standard 4's, M7's but no Greasely's,

P. Dream

I think we can sort the lack of Gresleys....................

Nigel.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Despite things here being in the far east, I have to report that the 'easier' failed point has been replaced (in less than half an hour). Simple Pecobooby MRLH C75 leccyfrog already modified and wired up so I added a microswitch, bit of choc block and she was dun.

The other ####ard (the LRLH curved C75 leccyfrog) is just f###ed. Replacement will be ordered and I might just try it with a simple microswitch (as there is room). 

Nothing else to report.

Phil

• Like 4