SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Then they invented bikes and did away with all this interbreeding.

Not in  Radstock mate, I can assure you.

As for my parents, there are / were literally 3 fields between their hamlets / villages...

it#'s bloddy difficult getting shoes to fit me is all I can say!

I. N. Bred

• RMweb Gold

Not in  Radstock mate, I can assure you.

As for my parents, there are / were literally 3 fields between their hamlets / villages...

And yet somehow your brother George went on to be President of the USA.

it#'s bloddy difficult getting shoes to fit me is all I can say!

I. N. Bred

• RMweb Premium

I raise you Foxdale, IoM.  Inbreeding and lead poisoning!  That's why they closed the railway really......to keep then in there.  Any mention that I was the Sub-postmaster there for a short period should be in hushed tones.  It rubs off you know.

CK, how about Ballawattleworth?

Anything to do with 'Oh, thee’s got’n where thee cassn’t back’n hassn’t, He’s gott’n in a fine old mess somehow, He’s never oughta stuck’n in there dissant, Now what bis gonna do about it now, Thee’s cop a packet if thee cassn’t shift’n'

..for a copper always turns up from somewhere.  Ello, thee's gone and got'n wur thee cassn't back'n, hassn't, so how bist gonna get'un outa there [without a corkscrew].  Hail to the late great Adge Cutler and to Fred Wedlock who also recorded it.  How refreshing to be reminded of culture.

Chris

Edited by chrisf
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thank you for your dedication whilst here in sunny Debon Mike, however, I'm concerned that the mention of " pastis" is somewhat worrying.

Did the label on the packet or menu mention the name Ricard perchance ?

Zut alore !!!

In fact it is distilled by the same concern which produces Tarquin's gin  (which I nearly sampled on the following evening but instead stuck with my old favourite Gordon's)

http://www.southwesterndistillery.com

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

In fact it is distilled by the same concern which produces Tarquin's gin  (which I nearly sampled on the following evening but instead stuck with my old favourite Gordon's)

I've been tempted by Tarquin's as a sipping gin but alas have stuck to the Sainsburys own brand gulping variety.

U. N. Couth 

• RMweb Premium

I went to Gordon's Gin distillery and in the social club was a sign saying "Owing to the club not being able to get a late licence the pool semi final has been cancelled."

Couldn't organise a p... up in a distillery comes to mind.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

..for a copper always turns up from somewhere.  Ello, thee's gone and got'n wur thee cassn't back'n, hassn't, so how bist gonna get'un outa there [without a corkscrew].  Hail to the late great Adge Cutler and to Fred Wedlock who also recorded it.  How refreshing to be reminded of culture.

Chris

Went to one of the late Fred Wedlocks gigs one time. Brilliant night spent in the Goods shed at Cranmore (ah, a railway link on SOSJ, I'll get a temporary ban if I'm not careful). Then girlfriend (now ex-wife) lived in Frome and I lived in Backwell (next village along, Nailsea). Sad to say I never saw Adge perform live although I have seen the Wurzels.

I might be a Salopian but there is a big slice of Zummerset in me too.

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifCleethorps Train Station.jpg

It's grim up North.

Yours

Sid Mouth

That's Cleethorpes and it is in the east dear heart which is not as grim as it is further north. It also is the destination and departure Station of one/two of my trains on SOSJ. 

Things have changed a bit, that is the trains rarely have steam loco's as motive power. Almost everything else is the same including the fashion, the weather and the clock.

Mable Thorpe.. 

• RMweb Premium

I went to Gordon's Gin distillery and in the social club was a sign saying "Owing to the club not being able to get a late licence the pool semi final has been cancelled."

Couldn't organise a p... up in a distillery comes to mind.

In fact I went more than once, always to do with work. Like many large employers of yesteryear Gordon's let their staff out twice a year for their 6 monthly blood letting session. I had the best job, I was the one who stuck the needles in their arms. No I wasn't some mad shaman performing strange Essex rituals, I was working as charge nurse with the Nation Blood Service.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

First off, here's a bit of fun. DCC has a mind of it's own. There, that's got that off my rib cage.

Next. Big thanks to Neal of Peel for sending me two Hornybee decoders (yes, those much maligned but XLNT products wot fits into an S15 tender summat awsome)

I boughted they fer me S15s wot as not got nun yet. I was going to show off this evening by showing you a double headed S15, so I fitted 30843 (30842 already has a Hornybee Dec'r). As it backed down towards 30842 I realised that '42 does not have a front coupling. Then I saw that '43 does not have a front coupling. ## ###### said I. Have not got they couplings, don't want to run them tender to tender as that's daft and so you ain't gettin'  DHS15s tonite. Sorry.

Suck larks. 

So, why D.H. S15s you ask? Well, up The Junction there is an afternoon down local train that ends up with two S15s up front, so there's the prototype to be set up.  

So, I did other things and I now think I need to replace two points. One is simple as I have spare available. The other probably requires a Pecobooby C75 Leccy Frog, curved LRLH if tomorrow I discover that the existing one is ####ed. I will be checking for dry solder joint as advised, however I think it is a dead parrot point and not a dry joint.

That's it, except to say that operations on SOSJ could be fun with two persons as there could be conflicting moves across the main lines on occasion at the FY ends/exits/ entrances. The Signal staff will have to be on the ball as interlocking will not be included. LOvely.

Rod Pointer

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

That's Cleethorpes and it is in the east dear heart which is not as grim as it is further north. It also is the destination and departure Station of one/two of my trains on SOSJ. 

Things have changed a bit, that is the trains rarely have steam loco's as motive power. Almost everything else is the same including the fashion, the weather and the clock.

Mable Thorpe.. 

Cleethorpes in the East? Now a couple of moths ago when I was residing in the wonderful county of Essex, it was up north. Now having moved I might be changing my mind as I am only 14 miles as the crow files from it.

Mable Thorpe.. 

Must be summer as everyone is dressed for winter and it looks as though its still raining though the kiosks are open for potential business.  The question is, why would so many go to the seaside in such weather?  Wakes week?

Brian.

Used to drive a Ford van like that one!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Mable Thorpe..

It is indeed sir. Trains from which would travel to my pipedream of a layout of Sidmouth (but now Richard Harper's made a right bulls-up of it, there's no bl00dy point!... see MRJ's 242/243) ;)

PS:. Anywhere above (?) the M4 is north.

I went to Keynsham once but my therapist says I should recover given time...

Edited by Tim Dubya

• RMweb Premium

It is indeed sir. Trains from which would travel to my pipedream of a layout of Sidmouth (but now Richard Harper's made a right bulls-up of it, there's no bl00dy point!... see MRJ's 242/243) ;)

PS:. Anywhere above (?) the M4 is north.

I went to Keynsham once but my therapist says I should recover given time...

Hi Tim

I know that there M4, it takes you to places like Reading and the rest of the bandit west country like Swindon. So I am told.

• RMweb Premium

First off, here's a bit of fun. DCC has a mind of it's own. There, that's got that off my rib cage.

Next. Big thanks to Neal of Peel for sending me two Hornybee decoders (yes, those much maligned but XLNT products wot fits into an S15 tender summat awsome)

I boughted they fer me S15s wot as not got nun yet. I was going to show off this evening by showing you a double headed S15, so I fitted 30843 (30842 already has a Hornybee Dec'r). As it backed down towards 30842 I realised that '42 does not have a front coupling. Then I saw that '43 does not have a front coupling. ## ###### said I. Have not got they couplings, don't want to run them tender to tender as that's daft and so you ain't gettin'  DHS15s tonite. Sorry.

Suck larks. 

So, why D.H. S15s you ask? Well, up The Junction there is an afternoon down local train that ends up with two S15s up front, so there's the prototype to be set up.  

So, I did other things and I now think I need to replace two points. One is simple as I have spare available. The other probably requires a Pecobooby C75 Leccy Frog, curved LRLH if tomorrow I discover that the existing one is ####ed. I will be checking for dry solder joint as advised, however I think it is a dead parrot point and not a dry joint.

That's it, except to say that operations on SOSJ could be fun with two persons as there could be conflicting moves across the main lines on occasion at the FY ends/exits/ entrances. The Signal staff will have to be on the ball as interlocking will not be included. LOvely.

Rod Pointer

Not even those tiny winy good for not hooking on to anything screw couplings that get in the way when using proper tension locks?