SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

I am currently monitoring some vegetable soup, that I have started to scratchbuild.

Is it the correct Scale Vegetables in the soup dear boy? If it is P4 then you must call it Consomme and not use vegetables. 

M. Berry. 

• RMweb Premium

Is it the correct Scale Vegetables in the soup dear boy? If it is P4 then you must call it Consomme and not use vegetables. 

M. Berry. 

A.....? Wot......?

Mrs M makes her own green smelly hot liquid and claims it is vegetable soup. I always go for a Marmite sandwich when she suggest I join her for lunch. Every right minded person knows that soup comes in a can and is red in colour. OK beige soup that has seen a chicken before going in the can is alright when you are unwell.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 2

Have you misplaced one of them rebuilt spam tinny things?

attachicon.gifDSC_2137.JPG

'Cos I came across this yesterday, must have lost its way trying to get past the uncertainty of what track may, or may not, exist at Seaton Junction.

Does anyone have an original photo of a Rebuilt on the ACE?

I understood they were too heavy for the routes west of Exeter

Rich.

• RMweb Premium

Does anyone have an original photo of a Rebuilt on the ACE?

I understood they were too heavy for the routes west of Exeter

Rich.

After 1960 RBs could go to Plymuff on the LSWR route but not west of Okehampton on the Withered Arms. Allsorts (Spams,T9s, Ns, occasional U1s, Ivatt and Standard Tanks) took the bits of ACE off around North Devon and Cornwall. 2manyspams knows all about that if thee wants decent info. Spams were retained at 72A just for this sort of service, especially  to/ from Ilfracombe. I've got loco workings for summer 1961.

On the main line Waterloo to Exeter and return then RBs were quite common but MNs ruled on the ACEs. 

In 1964 ther was an incursion of Warships east of Central and also some Standard 5s to/from Plymuff

Philth

Edited by Mallard60022

After 1960 RBs could go to Plymuff on the LSWR route but not west of Okehampton on the Withered Arms. Allsorts (Spams,T9s, Ns, Ivatt and Standard Tanks) took the bits of ACE off around North Devon and Cornwall. 2manyspams knows all about that if thee wants decent info. Spams were retained at 72A just for this sort of service, especially  to/ from Ilfracombe.

On the main line Waterloo to Exeter and return then RBs were quite common but MNs ruled on the ACEs. 

Philth

Sorry Phil,

Just found a superb picture on the dust cover of John-Scott Morgan’s book. A Merchant Navy passing our favourite milk tanks.

Rich

• RMweb Gold

I have returned, and have news from the frontline (nothing to do with fleas I assure you).  Having suitably distracted the memsahib's attention with the purchase of a piece of china on Day 1 of our trip to Sid's mouth I proceed during our various trips on Day 2 to make my way through the village of Beer and up the hill and thence to the overflow area of the overflow car park in order to visit the shop at Pecoboorama and factory land.

Having negotiated the descent of three car parks I duly reached the retail dept wherein I purchase 2 yards of boolheaded track and enquired about points of that ilk.  'They'll be here when they're ready, which might or might not be imminent. I'll check with someone in the factory who might know when that will be but they've got make 1,000 to meet all the trade pre-orders and they won't be released until all outlets can be supplied'.  That very sensible reply was followed by the helpful shop tender conversing with 'the factory' where his contact again said 'they're imminent but production is taking some time because we've got to make 1,000 of them and it's taking longer than originally planned because of the large number of trade orders'.   So that's the story - best summed up as 'they'll be here when they're here'

Now comes the good bit - in response to my asking for any details.  The answer was really interesting 'well don't believe all that rubbish being spouted on the forums because nobody outside 'production' really knows what the production version are like; they're playing it very close to their chests so that when they do appear people will find out what they're actually like instead of all the stuff on the 'net'.  All that he could confirm is that they will definitely be unifrog and that was that.  Now the man in the shop might not of course be as well informed as everybody else but what he said again struck me as commonsense, i.e. 'you'll find out what they're like when they're released'.  I shall refrain from posting this information elsewhere on this forum because no doubt somebody will respond with information from the moulding machine sprocket cleaner, or a lady he knows intimately in the packing dept who has smuggled one out in her cleavage, or something equally outrageous. You'll see what they're actually like when they are out (the points that is, not the cleavage).

Far more useful was a brief sojourn in a bookshop in Lyme Regis earlier on Day 2 where I acquired a couple of picture books albums one being a railway Bylines 'Centenary special' about a  branch railway from Axminster to Lyme Regis which also has lots of writing and the other being titled 'The Railways of Exeter and Axminster to Lyme Regis' which only has pictures and captions - many pictures are of proper engines but there are some of spamcans and an uncanned spam plus various engines on the Lyme Regis branch.  Also obtained yesterday was a leaflet about what is claimed as the first railway to be built in Devon and which I had never previously heard of - along the seashore at Sidmouth.

PS the uncanned spam is one of the murky navvy variety working the 12.00 Exeter - Waterloo and was photographed about half a mile east of Exeter Central.  Such engines were of course permitted to run from Exeter to Plymuff via the GWR's seaside route but not via the L&SWR route round Dartmoor.

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

I have returned, and have news from the frontline (nothing to do with fleas I assure you).  Having suitably distracted the memsahib's attention with the purchase of a piece of china on Day 1 of our trip to Sid's mouth I proceed during our various trips on Day 2 to make my way through the village of Beer and up the hill and thence to the overflow area of the overflow car park in order to visit the shop at Pecoboorama and factory land.

Having negotiated the descent of three car parks I duly reached the retail dept wherein I purchase 2 yards of boolheaded track and enquired about points of that ilk.  'They'll be here when they're ready, which might or might not be imminent. I'll check with someone in the factory who might know when that will be but they've got make 1,000 to meet all the trade pre-orders and they won't be released until all outlets can be supplied'.  That very sensible reply was followed by the helpful shop tender conversing with 'the factory' where his contact again said 'they're imminent but production is taking some time because we've got to make 1,000 of them and it's taking longer than originally planned because of the large number of trade orders'.   So that's the story - best summed up as 'they'll be here when they're here'

Now comes the good bit - in response to my asking for any details.  The answer was really interesting 'well don't believe all that rubbish being spouted on the forums because nobody outside 'production' really knows what the production version are like; they're playing it very close to their chests so that when they do appear people will find out what they're actually like instead of all the stuff on the 'net'.  All that he could confirm is that they will definitely be unifrog and that was that.  Now the man in the shop might not of course be as well informed as everybody else but what he said again struck me as commonsense, i.e. 'you'll find out what they're like when they're released'.  I shall refrain from posting this information elsewhere on this forum because no doubt somebody will respond with information from the moulding machine sprocket cleaner, or a lady he knows intimately in the packing dept who has smuggled one out in her cleavage, or something equally outrageous. You'll see what they're actually like when they are out (the points that is, not the cleavage).

Far more useful was a brief sojourn in a bookshop in Lyme Regis earlier on Day 2 where I acquired a couple of picture books albums one being a railway Bylines 'Centenary special' about a  branch railway from Axminster to Lyme Regis which also has lots of writing and the other being titled 'The Railways of Exeter and Axminster to Lyme Regis' which only has pictures and captions - many pictures are of proper engines but there are some of spamcans and an uncanned spam plus various engines on the Lyme Regis branch.  Also obtained yesterday was a leaflet about what is claimed as the first railway to be built in Devon and which I had never previously heard of - along the seashore at Sidmouth.

PS the uncanned spam is one of the murky navvy variety working the 12.00 Exeter - Waterloo and was photographed about half a mile east of Exeter Central.  Such engines were of course permitted to run from Exeter to Plymuff via the GWR's seaside route but not via the L&SWR route round Dartmoor.

Hi Mike

I think all of us owe you a big thank you for bravely descending not one but three car parks and giving us an update on the Peco bully headboy turnouts. Looks like it is going to sell well even if it is the wrong gauge and the wrong crossing angle. Not only that but it will work without having to make it, how terrible is that.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

"Assunt cassunt beccunt assunt, so wos biss gonna do about it now then yon?"

Excuse spelling but that was one of the phases that I was confronted with as a young one when I was apprenticed to a master craftsman / steeple jack.

I only lasted 3 months and it wasn't due to the language barrier (Somerset) it was my desire to continue breathing. Which is saying something as I recall believing that I would live forever and nothing could harm me (except women) at age 17.

Edited by Tim Dubya
  • Like 1