SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

Sorry folks, still need to get my 'head' straight.

Phil

Talking of getting your 'head' straight, I watched 'An American Werewolf in London' on DVD last night.

I slept very well and had 'pleasant' dreams, JA seemed to enjoy them too!

Cheers from Oz,

Peter C.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Ar$e. I almost felt some juice flowing, however I then realised it was Reflux. :scared:

Yeah, pull your bl**dy finger out !

I have and nothing came out........................................................ :cry:  :wild:  :spiteful:

:imsohappy:

:clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:

Welcome back Ducks, Nigella done the trick.

If only it was that easy.

I'm sure we all wish you well Phil and you get back to a better place as soon as you are able.

That said I think if she rang my doorbell I'd need a nurse and a bucket of cold water to hand ! ;)

• RMweb Premium

I suppose I must 'come clean' about the situation here. It would appear that my intolerance to gluten and related stuff such as Barley extract, Malt Vinegar and a protein even found in so called Gluten Free Oats etc. is resulting in a huge change in my body's metabolism and my ability to receive enough nutrients and substances so that I function reasonably normally. In the (approximately) two years since I went seriously Gluten Free, I have gone from being a grumpy old bloke with some low level physical ailments, to the same grumpy thing but with enhanced physical ailments, ongoing fatigue and unfortunately, since late January, some quite serious mental health conditions.

In a nut shell I have become overcome by Anxiety, Panic Attacks and now Depression. The trigger for these last three seems to have been the change in my 'diet' and that is something I can not change dramatically. However I am investigating the way forward to sort out replacing Seratonin/Tryptophan that is depleted by my Gluten intolerance. These subsatnces are critical for stable mental health; who knew that? Certainly not me until now.

The medication I have been given by my GP, for the Depressive thinking and behaviour that we have decided has been developing over time, is shite and makes me feel really crap almost all the time. So that, on top of my long term and unexplained fatigue and depleted gut condition from inadequate diet, appears to be the reason for how I have been for about two years and how I am now. However, unlike a lot of late friends, I am still here and I am determined to stop sinking and get back to the surface.

How I am now is almost totally lacking in interest in doing things, going places or being sociable. If I get 'glutened' by some daft misfortune that makes it doubly worse as I just have to lie down until I 'heal'.

What pi~~es me off is that I am now taking a cocktail of chemicals, many of which are to counteract the side effects of others. Pah and double pah! That needs to change.

So my friends, I am working at getting going but I think I need time. If you can put up with the ramblings on this thread then I would love that as it really helps.

Bear with me please and may I just say thanks for your support. I shall wear it most evenings.

The Mighty   slightly decrepit Duck.  :pardon:

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

Phil,

We are all here to help, support and when necessary take the micky, but wish you the recovery you need, at the speed you need it.

Take enjoyment from the ramblings of others, on this thread and many others, and chip in with your comments when you can.

Stu

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Crikey, Phil! That catalogue of veritable shite is many heaps higher in importance than anyone's hobbies. Please take time to get your health and equilibrium back securely on track before even thinking about entertaining the troops on here.

As Stu said - people care. Trust him - we do.

• RMweb Gold

Phil I have suffered depression myself and I sympathize particularly with your comment about engaging with enjoyable activities. I remember early in my first bout of depression sitting indoors and feeling an overwhelming need to force myself to do something, anything. I decided to go out for a walk. I stood on my front doorstep for maybe 10 minutes unable to even decide whether to go left or right. It will get better mate and you need to find enjoyment in any smalll thing you can - just follow your beak.

Take care chum and tread cautiously with those around you. It's hard for them too.

• Like 2

ALL of the above and MUCH more my friend. Take your time and get better soon.

p.s. Do you really trust us on this thread ? ;)

Grahame

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Dear Ducky

Now that the causes of your predicament have been identified, it would appear that all that is needed now is to find a suitable cocktail of medication, too fluff up the old feathers and get you roosting in the loft again.

Best Wishes

SS