SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

In other news.....after a long process

I have made my own inner circle and am currently doing a lap of honour K.Bay.sts stylee !

• RMweb Premium

Beer has gluten in it unless it is gluten free beer (usually made in Belgium) and then it tastes like #### :nono:  probably because it is made from old Saxophone cases or something?

So, this evening I have been fiddling with my Walrus (to keep my mind off the playoffs) and have noted that my existing one should have two big ones and 4 small ones; one big and 2 small each end. That's interesting isn't it.

(Oh look it's 2 -1 to the Greens @ HT).

Sorted one big one but the other will have to wait 'till tomorrow.

I have 2 BR Walrus and 4 ex SR 40T Hoppers (later also named 'Walrus'). The ex SR ones have 6 small ones; three each end. They also have different Bogies.....yea.

My existing Walrus is a BR one and so tomorrow I might start the other BR one and use the existing one as a vis aid. I CBA to repost the pic of it but I did enjoy weathering the thing. Each of the six will have its own distinctive look of grot. Such fun. 

I'm too old to cope with the stress of the Playoffs so I am going to get some Brandy and try to ignore the time.

More tomorrow (not Brandy........well maybe)

Philth.

P.S. COYG 

• Like 1

Ahh! Finest Bavarian beer (not wishing to rub it in.... Mind you !) I'll drink it on your behalf mate :)

You enjoy your brandy, nice on coco-pops I've been told as a breakfast boost !

Yours

Al Coholik

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A good curry normally helps with the first one, or is being jet propelled cheating? :scratchhead: :stinker:

A good curry should subsequently provide an excellent opportunity to practice the art of 'doing a Boris Johnson' - 'better out than in'.

• RMweb Premium

Sorry to disappoint but it is my secret way of criticising the Capitalist System, as did Lewis Carrol and Mr Lennon, both of whom were severely affected by 'substance abuse', as I am. It began last week when I spilt* that Humbrol Liquid Poly.

* Before I am raided by the language Police.......http://grammar-monster.com/easily_confused/spilled_spilt.htm

Dick Oxford.

P.S. How's your point wiring going?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well ducky, when you came out from behind the sofa you will have noticed that argyle came away from Fratton Park not too badly off. Sunday might not be too awful.

Do say "We're the famous Ar gy all and we're going to Wem ber Lee"

Don't say "choke"

Do say "We had a great season and played excellent football"

Don't say "how did we let automatic promotion slip through our fingers"

Former frequent visitor to Home Park, always fuelled by pasties and beer.

I Holloway

• RMweb Premium

.........as is this surely (don't call him surely) http://www.channel4.com/programmes/comic-strip-presents/on-demand/155-001

The first (and possibly the best).

Ronald Allen (RIP), is fu fairly hilarious as Uncle Quentin (particularly if you were tortured by Crossroads).

"I'm off now to practice some nifty lead breaks on my electric guitar"

Re, his mescaline habit:  

"I need a dustbin full of the stuff a day to keep me in my drug crazed state..."

Won't spoil it, enjoy.

PS: I have the box set (much to the annoyance of those around me).

Edited by Tim Dubya

• RMweb Premium

Good evening. It became apparent today that each of my Walrus wagons is going to be slightly different. Not unlike the prototypes then! There will be 4 ex SR and two BR versions. The 'differences' will be due to construction 'techniques' and, of course, the bogies on the two BR versions are different to those on the ex SR wagons.

Today I sorted the other 'big one' on the existing wagon; long brass pin and plastic wheel from the kit. I have some lovely etched hand-wheels, however they are all small versions. Those have been made up already and that's how I know that the brass pins are easier to use than the kit supplied wire (well I think so).

I am building up stamina to get back in the loft next week, by relaxing with some kit building and research. (Means I do not have to think about trickery for a few days.)

Phil

• Like 2

S3/6?

Are you psychedelic or what ? Got it in one !!!

Beer now open as I got full running rights on SWIG ( Somewhere In Germany !)

My first layout in 12 years and a very very happy Herr Bgman

And NO! I'm not wearing lederhosen, I do have some standards you know :)

G

Edited by bgman

• RMweb Premium

I suspect that could be a Falcon Brass version. If so, DL needs (needed) a b***y medal for making that go together.

Shall I offer them £9.99 and see what response I get?  Too late or I can't find it.

Ar$e

Edited by Mallard60022