SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

Found this floating around our bath tonight! Not quite sure what exactly what species this one is but IKB clearly was a man of many talents. A quality bit of merchandise

David

post-22698-0-56279400-1460239283_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Clearwater
  • Like 8

• RMweb Gold

A bit off track, but there has just been footage filmed on the Weymouth Quay line of various trains on the local Spotlight news and an attempt to keep the rails in place. The footage includes cromptons and emus.

That is highly reminiscent of some of the 1960s preservation schemes, in that it's being promoted by a very enthusiastic teenager. More power to his elbow, I say. I believe that a lot of money has recently been spent tarting up the whole road, putting yellow box junctions down, re-tarmacking it etc., but keeping it so that the tracks could be used again.

Edited by Captain Kernow

• RMweb Premium

What have you started with your Bus thread Sir Duck, its gone all bullhead on there. Can't imagine where the insurance thread will go!

I lost the will to live after I knew it was OK to twist a bit on the BUS thread. I've been fighting with wires upstairs for days and it is great fun. I could, with a bit of effort, do pigtails in JA's hair if she would allow that. Somehow I think that is  very unlikely until, perhaps, I ask her to do the official opening of SOSJ

Fortunately the insurance one has proved very helpful (so far) and no one has told me SWMBO shouldn't be driving, parking, going on Coaches, getting off Coaches, breathing etc. Also no one has started arguing yet AFAICS so that's almost a first.

P

Duckus Arsus?

P

• RMweb Premium

Off track again but of possible intrest too all you Plimuff expats of a more senior disposition, there has been some post war footage of the place before Mr Abercrombie started on the place on tonights Spotlight news, which you may be able too watch on Iplayer.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks SS but I can't find any reference to it.Brian.

Hi Brian

I don't think you can access the BBC Iplayer from abroad, I will go on the pc later and see if I can post a link, but I wouldn't hold your breath that you will be able too view it.

SS.

Edit for the link.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b076q2mx/spotlight-13042016

Edited by Siberian Snooper

• RMweb Gold

As well as the brilliant custard crumble on offer in this place half-way up Totnes High Street (on the right hand side), they also do a very good range of gluten-free cakes. CTMK was also pleased to find that they served beverages with soya milk as well.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I can't afford to move to Totternessy sadly.

For GF cakes I use Mrs Crimble's....quite nice.

Nothing much to report for SOSJ at the moment other than the bit of track that I will show next week. The SOSJCCE very kindly did that for me last week and it is bl**dy lovely; you will see why later.  There is some 'interesting' news about those so**ing points I was faffing about with last week; it will make you laugh.

Phil

I can't afford to move to Totternessy sadly.

For GF cakes I use Mrs Crimble's....quite nice.

Nothing much to report for SOSJ at the moment ........There is some 'interesting' news about those so**ing points I was faffing about with last week; it will make you laugh.

Phil

Don't leave it toooooo long mate look what happened to the last one ......

post-20303-0-75585600-1460923545.jpeg

• RMweb Gold

Now I've had a crisis of confidence over unadulterated Pecoboo leccyfrogs (that is, without adaptation). That's all I need right now.

Ar$e

Why's that?  I thought you had previously got sorted with your live frog problems on the crossover?  You aren't by any chance in a situation where you have two trailing ends facing each other?

• RMweb Premium

No it isn't that one Mike. I've just forgotten what the situation is if you just leave a Peco leccy frog with no adaptations (as the instructions say is OK for DCC), but you need power feeds both 'sides' of the point and you intend to use fingerpoken operation in a scenic section. Sorry about this. I just do not need motors for all my yard points and surface microswitches are a no no.

P

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

No it isn't that one Mike. I've just forgotten what the situation is if you just leave a Peco leccy frog with no adaptations (as the instructions say is OK for DCC), but you need power feeds both 'sides' of the point and you intend to use fingerpoken operation in a scenic section. Sorry about this. I just do not need motors for all my yard points and surface microswitches are a no no.

P

See PM

• RMweb Gold

Found this floating around our bath tonight! Not quite sure what exactly what species this one is but IKB clearly was a man of many talents. A quality bit of merchandise

David

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I want one! Brilliant  :yes:

Edited by BobM