SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

That reminds me of a sketch with Sid James (I think)

SJ to posh woman - Do you smoke ?

PW - No, I tried it once and didn't like it.

SJ - Do you drink ?

SJ - Do you have any children

PW - One.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good Morning All

So glad you got it sorted Phil. As I said before the big disadvantage living here, 8 hours behind, is that all the excitement happens when I am in bed .......let me rephrase that......asleep.

Even when I am awake I am not much help.......I should have suggested checking the switch wiring yesterday afternoon

That's what I do, cos I am too lazy to add two bits of wire. Must do a feasibility study into how much time it takes to solder two wires compared to how much time I spend on cleaning the blades over a points life time. 

Its also the time taken checking all the other possible sources of error before finally realising the switch blade contact has failed. In my experience it is definitely well worth the time soldering feeds to the stock rails......particularly now Peco pre gap the webbing.

Regards from a sunny Vancouver

John

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Wasn't Perry that strange young fellow in that programme where the youth hated his parents....what was the bloke called that did that....you know, you don't want to do it like that, you want to do it like this.....? If so, no thanks, I'd rather be Cider.

Philth. 

(P.S. the M7 still works and it shunts my really crapppy Triang/Hornby and Lima coaches back over without them falling off and that is really good news as it will be doing a move like that every so often on the 'real thing'. However it should have a PP Set ande some decent coaches to play with by then).

Perry was actual played by a girl.

• RMweb Premium

Oh yes, it was the one who did the....... "yes but, no but, yes but, .....am I bovvered".

Tim, nice but dim.......

Might have to Google that too, but I don't think so. Wait a few seconds though. Edited by dhjgreen

• RMweb Gold

Perry was Kathy Bates, Vicky Pollard was Matt Lucas.

Ivanhoe was Roger Moore.

Simon Templar was Roger Moore

The one who wasn't Tony Curtis in The Persuaders was Roger Moore.

Danny Boy was Richard Burton.

• RMweb Premium

Perry was Kathy Bates, Vicky Pollard was Matt Lucas.

Ivanhoe was Roger Moore.

Simon Templar was Roger Moore

The one who wasn't Tony Curtis in The Persuaders was Roger Moore.

Danny Boy was Richard Burton.

The Eagle has Landed Where Eagles Dare but this is the best one.......post-2326-0-24431400-1460053620.jpg

P

• Like 1

Hello Phil,

I'm Very Glad to see that you got your elektrix  sorted. Sorry I was unable to contribute any useful advice regarding said elektrickery, but being an engine driver I am a bit thick and any advice I could have provided on the matter would have been totally useless and would have resulted in a fire.

(I once messed about with a dodgy wire on a 1:1 scale loco and the end result was a lot of smoke coming out of the elektric panel, some 2 foot flames and the Loco stopping Dead)

However I can contribute to a discussion of Wartime black Mallards, with a picture ..........................................

Daffy.gif

F#$&ing Points !!!!!!

Best Regards

Perry Green !!!!

Edited by The Blue Streak

• RMweb Premium

I am ME :O  the famous one, :no:

Not the other Andie Peters from the Telly

Well I'm glad you are not Valerie Singleton or, even worse, Shep (get down, you're making a noise).

Last evening, whilst fitting further Microswitches, I realised I have another crossover that I have not yet tested. Then I thought that this should be easier as it relies on hand op and just two surface mounted Sub Microswitches and, in theory, should be half as much trouble for me to sort. Ummmmmmm!

Anyway, my little track test meter arrived this morning; it is the Train Tech one. It has a little light; how cute.

http://www.dccsupplies.com/item-p-105621/tt1-track-tester

Thanks for the tip Colin.

Philth.

Edited by Mallard60022

I am ME :O the famous one, :no:

Not the other Andie Peters from the Telly

post-20303-0-36145100-1460105456.jpeg

I'd send you all mine but lost 'em ( yeah I got two ! )

Edited by bgman
  • Like 2

That reminds me of a sketch with Sid James (I think)

SJ - Do you drink ?

PW - One.

Pedant mode 'on'

SJ - Do you drink ?

PW - One.

SJ - Strange woman

PW - Oh no - my daughter's just like me

SJ - your only child, I presume? Yha yha yha (laughter as only SJ can).

Pedant mode 'off'

It was actually from a Carry On film (or was re-used in such)

http://youtu.be/R8Bi2cYEU5s

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Born in St Budeaux, Bred in Peverall GREW up elsewhere. :no:

Bliddy hell boy, I was bred in Peverell, just across the road from the Co-oP and the Playpark in Pounds Park. However I was hatched in Devonport. I have yet to grow up.

Ar$e

I got a blue one and a silver one (makes loud raspberry sound).

You can get ointment for that condition but it may just be the elastic is too tight?

Ar$e

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Pedant mode 'on'

SJ - Do you drink ?

PW - One.

SJ - Strange woman

PW - Oh no - my daughter's just like me

SJ - your only child, I presume? Yha yha yha (laughter as only SJ can).

Pedant mode 'off'

It was actually from a Carry On film (or was re-used in such)

http://youtu.be/R8Bi2cYEU5s

I should have that laugh played at my departing party.

Ar$e.

• Like 1

Bliddy hell boy, I was bred in Peverell, just across the road from the Co-oP and the Playpark in Pounds Park. However I was hatched in Devonport. I have yet to grow up.

Ar$e

You can get ointment for that condition but it may just be the elastic is too tight?

Ar$e

Mum worked in the Co-op Laundry and we lived in Peverall Park Road and then opposite the Greyhound / Stock Car Stadium at the top of Watts Park Road until I was 5 and my parents moved to Kent, but I found them again, hahhah.

Small World the R M Web.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Born in St Budeaux, Bred in Peverall GREW up elsewhere. :no:

My great aunt and her offspring and their offspring lived in St Budeaux - with a view of both routes where they crossed each other west of the stations.  Too far from their back garden to read Western engine numbers but alright for Southern engines if the numbers were clean enough.

Mrs Stationmaster came from the other side of Plymouth - born in Plymstock, we married in St Judes Church by Plymouth Friary yard.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Mum worked in the Co-op Laundry and we lived in Peverall Park Road and then opposite the Greyhound / Stock Car Stadium at the top of Watts Park Road until I was 5 and my parents moved to Kent, but I found them again, hahhah.

Small World the R M Web.

Blimey, it is a small world A. Sadly you wouldn't have sampled the chippy just down the road from the Stadium then. You also would have missed this inspiring ditty that began

" Come to Plymouth Stadium, see The Devils ride..." . I can remember that Speedway Bike smell and the lovely chips as well. Happy days.

My great aunt and her offspring and their offspring lived in St Budeaux - with a view of both routes where they crossed each other west of the stations.  Too far from their back garden to read Western engine numbers but alright for Southern engines if the numbers were clean enough.

Mrs Stationmaster came from the other side of Plymouth - born in Plymstock, we married in St Judes Church by Plymouth Friary yard.

My first lady friend came from Plymstock. They had some very nice ladies there as you discovered.  That St Judes Church is impressive; never went in it. Friary was a lovely looking Station as well but shut before I got a chance to use it for service trains. I did catch a PRC Brake Van Special to Turnchapel from there though, can't remember the date.

Seems like only a couple of years ago.

OK back to wires and bits of things like that as it is getting very close to when I have to test with DCC due to the track isolations and the Juicers over the double Junctions.

Philth

• Like 1