Faymouth High street station

steve fay

speaking to a fellow modeller we might have a kit of this beasty in a few years

Gosh that is quite a complex shape, hope the body will be in resin and in one piece.

Martyn.

Gosh that is quite a complex shape, hope the body will be in resin and in one piece.

Martyn.

Yes that's the plan, Steph Dale on western Thunder. As you can guess il have one on Ranelagh Bridge, now I wonder how we can sort out a sound chip
  • Like 1

OK so I made a balls up on the back scene.

I glued The slaters sheets in place and the following day you can see the lumps and bumps every where!!

So I've just ordered some more sheets, next time I will smooth out PVA and weight the sheets down instead of using UHU

Live and learn!!

I glued The slaters sheets in place and the following day you can see the lumps and bumps every where!!

So I've just ordered some more sheets, next time I will smooth out PVA and weight the sheets down instead of using UHU

Live and learn!!

Hi Steve...

PVA may cause issues too....peeling over time...

You may have more luck using strong double-sided sticky tape...

I've used it to stick mine to foamboard and mdf with absolutely no problems.

Randall

Edited by RandyWales

Took the opportunity to get some out side pictures in the sunshine. post-5983-0-21880500-1400090198_thumb.jpg

My mud brown spray paint arrived so I gave the board a light coating and started to pick out the chairs on the piled up sleepers, il tone the rust down a bit with some darker powders.

post-5983-0-05416700-1400090337.jpg

Here's a birds eye view. I'm waiting on the new slaters sheets that should be with me tomorrow then it's back down the club Friday to do a bit of static grass across the front.

• Like 5

Live and learn!!

I think that it may be safer gluing the brick sheets on to plasticard (large sheets of all thickness's available at most good shows) 40 or 60 thou with solvent. have some holes drilled through the backing to drop solvent through and to allow the fumes to escape. Then you can use impact adhesive to fix it to a board. PVA will not stick plasticard, Copydex may if used as an impact adhesive, but over time may come unstuck

• Like 1

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Back wall is in and the first bit of weathering is on, static grass down the club tonight.

I'd better finish off my current LNER and LMS signal orders and check my stock of GW signals bits then.... :training:

JF

Edited by Jon Fitness
  • Like 2

There will be both signals.

Should be a nice photographic back drop & I've got something to take to my two local shows to show off my detailed Heljan locospost-5983-0-69648400-1400256276_thumb.jpg

Sides to put on this evening along with static grass.

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 9

OOA is coming along very nicely, Steve.

Makes me want to build myself a little bit of Swindon. I'm going to need somewhere to photograph my 15XX and it would give me something to practice some scenics on before letting loose on Inglebourne.

• Like 1

Unfortunatley OOA will not be at the Newport Neon show as the show has been cancelled due to technical issues (bloody incompetence)

Still I've enjoyed it and once the signals are done it will look great.

Unfortunatley OOA will not be at the Newport Neon show as the show has been cancelled due to technical issues (bloody incompetence)

Still I've enjoyed it and once the signals are done it will look great.

It seems that the incompetence has also extended to failing to update their website or, e.g. UK Model Shops Exhibition Diary etc.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Dave

Yes it's a bit of a rush now to try and let as many people as possible know. It's not the clubs fault it was dropped on us last night when it seems pretty obvious that the buildings current tennant has known for quite some time that certain things where not in place and the venue was not up to standard to allow in paying public.

• RMweb Gold

There will be both signals.

Should be a nice photographic back drop & I've got something to take to my two local shows to show off my detailed Heljan locosattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Sides to put on this evening along with static grass.

GRASS?????? At Old Oak Common East back in steam days?  Unheard of, the PWay Subbie would have been shot - without waiting for dawn - if even a blade of grass had put in an appearance just there.

The nearest grass at that time would have been over on the Scrubs (Wormwood variety) on the other side of the fence on the Downside or possibly up near the canal footpath.

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

What's that green stuff in front of the sleepers then???

Possibly moss although there might be a few blades of grass around the base of the nearest signal but basically as I (and Rugd) have said there wasn't any grass in that area - I suspect what little green there is has got there because people can't walk where the new sleepers are dumped.  Alas at present I can't get at any of my books as the dining room is being redecorated and all the books are stacked out of easy access but I really can't recall any grass up there in the old days.

And no sign of any grass in the pic on this page (scroll down a bit) -

http://www.londonreconnections.com/2013/old-oak-common-a-vision-and-a-challenge-for-crossrail-part-1/

or here -

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2575067

• Like 1

Thanks mike,

I haven't done much it's just a bit around the sleepers as in the picture, great links by the way.

I always go by model what you see not what you know.

Any more pictures would be great fully received

• RMweb Gold

Just realised I need a telegraph pole and a point motor!!

Thanks Mike for the link

Be careful about the point motor Steve - very, very date dependent ;)

(Incidentally it is a GRS Style 5A point machine and at the time they were brought into use at OOC East  the replacement colour light signal which is visible on the bracket structure  in the first of my new links took over from the previous semaphore arm on that structure, which Jon is building.  So if you are modelling pre 06 October 1962 you have a semaqphore signal, after that date it is a colour light and I think it fairly certain that the new signal head and the point machines were installed during the summer of 1962.)