Bachmann E4

Graham_Muz

Sounds like a small delivery ahead of the main batch. I have also received a delivery update from Hattons saying latest information suggests item will arrive between May 2015 & June 2015. One of my first memories of the Bluebell Line in the late 1960s was being pulled by E4 Birch Grove in LBSCR livery. I wonder if Bachmann will make that one. I think the train was some Metropolitan coaches and the observation car.

Guest spet0114

I wonder if Bachmann will make that one.

Prime candidate for a Collectors Club special edition?

Guest spet0114

We can but hope! I would imagine it would have to wait a couple of years though, or at least until B473 becomes difficult to obtain

Possibly, but other factors may be at work. We know that production runs of CC models are usually tacked on to main runs, which would imply that if we're going to get one, it'll either be about now or after the next production run, which might indeed be in a year or two. Fingers crossed for this run! :)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Late Crest E4 will now be numbered 32500 for some odd reason according to Kernow.

Annoyed....

Yeah, but at least you noticed. A surprising number of shops and ebay sellers are still advertising this version as 32470. Recession? More care needed to attract customers and pay the bills? Apparently not.

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing some pictures on members layouts. I have still got a Hornby LBSCR brake van to go with it. It also might look good with some Pullman cars although I am not sure if this would be historically correct. It could be shunting them at Preston Park.

• RMweb Premium

Just been running my SR livery one around my layout.

Peco code 75 track nelectrofrog medium radius points/slips/three ways.

Runs fine in both directions.

My only niggle with the loco was getting the body back on after fitting a decoder. I spent about half an hour wiggling it, rocking etc. before it suddenly dropped into place. Not sure what the problem was (not wires getting in the way - I checked)

Keith

Looking forward to seeing some pictures on members layouts. I have still got a Hornby LBSCR brake van to go with it. It also might look good with some Pullman cars although I am not sure if this would be historically correct. It could be shunting them at Preston Park.

I would not worry about it running with correct stock. Think mines first run will be it on some LNER Teak :jester:

I would not worry about it running with correct stock. Think mines first run will be it on some LNER Teak :jester:

Mine was equally as bad! I had it running haulage tests with some Hornby and Bachmann Seacows and Sealions in Dutch, Mainline and EWS liveries.  :O   :D

Edited by SRman

My SR 473 runs very well over all my code 100 points.  These include streamlined large, medium, small and curved points.

It has been run with 4 LNER suburban stock (Hornby) and 3 SR Maunsell Coaches.  I did have some SECR birdcages on order, but as items are going up in price I decided that I did not need these so cancelled my order.  So the LNER and Maunsell coaches will have to do.

Mark

• RMweb Gold

My SR version runs fine. The track on my super-cobwebby barn layout has not been cleaned in eons, but the E4 didn't seem to notice, and ran back and forth through Peco 75 points very smoothly. I haven't fitted a decoder yet, nor Kadees, so haulage has not yet been tested. I have rather a lot of olive Maunsells, so it will be able to try them out, although the green is slightly less olive than Hornby's.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

As E4s were employed at Southampton docks I'm sure the odd shunt or ecs move involving pullmans would have occurred

I,ve decided to have crack at fitting one of these with smoke, DCC sound, lights, firebox glow.

Bit of a challenge but i succeeded in doing all that except the DCC sound part on a Hornby E2.

• Like 1

My SR version runs fine. The track on my super-cobwebby barn layout has not been cleaned in eons, but the E4 didn't seem to notice, and ran back and forth through Peco 75 points very smoothly. I haven't fitted a decoder yet, nor Kadees, so haulage has not yet been tested. I have rather a lot of olive Maunsells, so it will be able to try them out, although the green is slightly less olive than Hornby's.

Which Kadees will you use, Ian?