DS499 SR Shunting Tractor - First Test Run

There is now a plastic kit available of the FWD lorry on which the Hardy locomotive was based. It is made by Rodin to 1/72 scale. Several are available on e-bay.

I would refer you to the apparently invisible ink in post 25. If you hold your screen over a candle flame, the message should become visible ;)

• 2 years later...

Hi. Im thinking of attempting a model of DS499 on a Bachmann underground ernie inspection vehicle chassis.

Does anyone know of a good place to find the radiator other than the fwd model b lorry kit linked previously?

And also as it was built in 1935 according to research what livery would it have carried? Cheers

Edited by Pre Grouping fan

Hi. Im thinking of attempting a model of DS499 on a Bachmann underground ernie inspection vehicle chassis.

Does anyone know of a good place to find the radiator other than the fwd model b lorry kit linked previously?

And also as it was built in 1935 according to research what livery would it have carried? Cheers

My project stalled due to work commitments.  Now moved to O gauge.

I have an O gauge SR brake van kit that could help with an O gauge version, not at the top of my list due to other pressures.

However I would think unlined black, but a very light black if you know what I mean, as there would not be much polishing going on.