Deadmans Lane. Barrow (Oct 2024)

newbryford

Mick, I've got one word to say to you. AMAZING!! Absolutely stunning mate. No mistaking the location whatsoever. You really do need a pat on the back for this one.

By the way you're going to need a London Midland 153 now as we've just started taking them on there for C4 exams.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Mick, I've got one word to say to you. AMAZING!! Absolutely stunning mate. No mistaking the location whatsoever. You really do need a pat on the back for this one.

By the way you're going to need a London Midland 153 now as we've just started taking them on there for C4 exams.

Cheers

Marcus

Thanks for all the likes guys. Ta to Jack for the pics - I was too busy sitting back watching it do what it was supposed to do........................

I have a LM 153 (originally bought for Blackmill/New Bryford as Northern had one on hire for a few months) but the decoder was removed to put in one of my EMT 153s...................... it may need re-instating.

I've jut collected my pair of tube liveried 66/7s - there may be pictures tomorrow..............

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

I'd just like to add to the praise.

Watching scale length trains pass by, while there's plenty of shunting activity being carried out, was a great pleasure.

Even at this early stage of the layouts existence, it's easy to be immersed into the scene.

Looking forward to seeing it develop into a real 'showstopper' !

cheers,

Phil.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Second day done and just as enjoyable as the first! The layout ran well after Mick's bodgery with the power box,

Bodgery?

A practical solution to a temporary problem that worked really well.......

Many thanks for helping out and providing a few extra items of stock.

I'll check with the other guys to see if they'll let you play trains again.................

:jester:

Nice pics BTW.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Are you going to include one of these on deadmans?

IMG_9044.jpg

I'm in the middle of doing a (motorised) Network Rail Road-Rail Landrover, commonly seen on the West Highland Line.

I hope there's enough yellow on it for you.  :jester:

Photo is just south of Corrour

post-27529-0-45969500-1478978718_thumb.jpg

Edit: Added image

Edited by cal.n
  • Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

An aerial view of DL, set up and ready to roll tomorrow at Blackburn exhibition

attachicon.gifbbn3.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

Hi mate, smashing model I was working wondering if you could post some pictures of the curved ends leading round to the storage area. I looking at building some but I'm not sure how to proceed with construction.

Cheers.

• RMweb Premium

Hi mate, smashing model I was working wondering if you could post some pictures of the curved ends leading round to the storage area. I looking at building some but I'm not sure how to proceed with construction.

Cheers.

The curved (and fiddle yard) boards are laser cut from Tim Horn.

Have a look at this post and a few below it for their construction.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I just noticed that you had the holes for locating dowels cut in the joining faces.  Did you go for the Mould Maker's Dowels or Tim's wooden ones?

Regards, Julian.

I used the steel 25mm dowels recommended by Tim.

They are available from various sources, but I think mine came from Railroom Electronics http://www.railroomelectronics.co.uk/Baseboard-Construction/Alignment-Dowels/Product-80027.aspx

Cheers,

Mick