Help please with Comet chassis

I have just won 3 Comet tender chassis on Ebay, 2 older ones (blue packing) and one newer. But they do not match the newer product codes, please can someone confirm my thoughts

I have a T1 kit 6' 6" x 6' 6"  is it a TC1

I have a L1 kit 6' 6" x 6' 6"  is it a TC1

I have a T3 kit 7' 6" x 7' 6"  is it a TC3  (I see the new lits have both LMS & GWR brake shoes which mine does not) and has 2 rectangle etchings both with 3 holes etched into them, what are they please

Thanks

Is this photo any good

post-1131-0-11987100-1386434779_thumb.jpg

The top one is the T3 and has 2 extra rectangle etches, each with 3 holes, the center one being oval

L1 looks the same as T1.

I haven a feeling that the seller bought a job lot of items. I paid £4.23 no postage as I also bought a MPD 3F in P4 from him st the same time. Anyway 3 Comet tender chassis, a Comet 2251 chassis, 2 Bristol Model chassis ( 63xx & a Dean goods) and an Eames LNER valve gear set.

Last night I also won a Wills etched King. Arthur chassis

I think the label on L1 might be a bit of a giveaway...looks like a tender chassis to me!

These are very early designs - before tender chassis came with two different spacer widths to suit EM/P4 modellers as well as 00.  No idea what the extra pieces with three holes are.

Geoff

I think the label on L1 might be a bit of a giveaway...looks like a tender chassis to me!

These are very early designs - before tender chassis came with two different spacer widths to suit EM/P4 modellers as well as 00.  No idea what the extra pieces with three holes are.

Geoff

Geoff

Thanks, they are all tender chassis, good thought about EM & P4/00 as the 2 Bristol Model loco chassis are in EM, but all 3 have s width of 11 mm

The spacers with three holes in look like the braces you have at the bottom between the wheels on later LMS and BR tenders.

No mention of them in the instructions or any locating positions and look too big for going between the wheels unless horizontal ?

I wonder if the L1 label was a mistake? I was looking for something else and came across a 1996/7 Comet catalogue. There's no L1 but

T1 is just shown as a 6'-6"x6'-6" tender chassis, T2 7'-0x7'-0", T3 7'-6"x7'-6", T4 5'-3"x5'-6"x5'-3", T5 7'-3"x6'-3" LNER Group standard and another T5 probably T6 6'-9"x6'-9" LNWR. So the T and TC range match up to No.5.

Charlie

No mention of them in the instructions or any locating positions and look too big for going between the wheels unless horizontal ?

They go from side to side across the bottom of the proper frames on the tender underneath the cut outs, which are between the wheels.

Archived