As there haven't been many videos posted recently I thought I would provide a link to a video of a pair of 26's that Paul Chetter has re-blown for me with Active-drive sound.

They are having a bit of a spin around my currently under construction 2mm model of Blair Atholl.

I will experiment with reducing the volume, as when running in a pair I am getting complaints from next door!

https://youtu.be/KD6i99oQHrU

• Like 1

Mr PJ,

Change sound volume levels using the 'Live Volume Control' feature. F27 will reduce volume, F28 will increase it.

If your system will not reach F27, use POM to change the value in CV266 to an acceptable level, try somewhere in the range of 40 to 80.

Your layout looks as if it will be interesting when the grass grows a bit.

Thanks for posting the video. I noticed a slight amount of sound 'phasing' with both locos in use which is not there when operating alone. Is this heard 'live' or is it a youtube artifact?

If it is present to your ears, it probably results from the two locos having identical engine sounds loaded.

The cure, if needed, will be to reblow one decoder with sound samples taken from a different portion of the original recordings, or probably better still, using recordings I have of another Class 26.

If the problem exists (outside of my imagination) I will reblow one of them for you free of charge.

Keep up the good work.

Kind regards,

Paul

• Like 1

Hello Paul,

I don't think the phasing is in your imagination, or an effect of you-tube. I thought it might be echoes caused by the sheer volume and the shape of the room, but when the loco's run singly the effect goes away completely.

I do have a third Class 26 tucked away that will be sound fitted in future, so when I get round to buying a new MX648 I will request a different Class 26 recording (I believe the loco in these recordings is 26043).

Its strange as when running a pair of Class 25's I have not noticed any phasing effects.

As for the layout, its taking a lot of time of time to do the wiring, and a lot of time snagging problems (such as an insulating rail-joiner I missed at a set of points that kept causing shorts - doh!) to get everything running fine. Well, that's my excuse for running a few trains up and down, but DCC sound is addictive and can slow down layout building!  I have completed one panel controlling the storage yard you can see in the video, there will be one for the station and yard area, and another for the storage yard at the other end.

Cheers,

Paul

Having been away from the world of RMWeb, layouts, scenery, OO gauge, DCC, sound files etc, for a few years while I ventured into building O gauge locos, I'm now back in this zone planning a new DCC HO layout. It's good to see this old 'sounds' thread still running with some great videos to watch.

I thought I'd post this link an old video I made showing a OO 8F running on my previous layout.

See if you can identify the sound chip:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E0gYutjezWI

Regard

Alan

Having been away from the world of RMWeb, layouts, scenery, OO gauge, DCC, sound files etc, for a few years while I ventured into building O gauge locos, I'm now back in this zone planning a new DCC HO layout. It's good to see this old 'sounds' thread still running with some great videos to watch.

I thought I'd post this link an old video I made showing a OO 8F running on my previous layout.

See if you can identify the sound chip:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E0gYutjezWI

Regard

Alan

Does nothing for me I'm afraid - I was keen until the chuffs fell completely out of sync with the wheel rotations...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Here's a taster of Digitrains' Terrier sound project in a Dapol 0 Gauge Terrier.

https://youtu.be/BUSx7Ox5izM

Kind regards,

Paul

Paul was that recorded from a Terrier?  As the "bark" from the exhaust sounds very muffled/quiet/soft compared to what I heard earlier this year live, I checked on a couple of videos online just to confirm and I am sure the Terrier has more "bark" pardon the pun.

Paul was that recorded from a Terrier?  As the "bark" from the exhaust sounds very muffled/quiet/soft compared to what I heard earlier this year live, I checked on a couple of videos online just to confirm and I am sure the Terrier has more "bark" pardon the pun.

I have it on good authority that it was.

Paul

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

A new one from me, with a sound supplier I hadn't tried before. This is a quick video done on my HTC phone to give a taster for YouChoos's SR S15 sounds. 

The 23mm QSI high-bass speaker I have used is adequate but no more than that. I will be trying out a 28mm high-bass one soon, and sealing it in better too. Once I'm happy with the sound quality, I'll post a better video with more of the sound functions featured. I do like the YouChoos sounds though; it's just the speaker installation that is not doing it justice at present.

I chose YouChoos after hearing DougN's LNER Q6. I have to say that John, of YouChoos, was extremely helpful and friendly, with lots of useful advice regarding the installation.

[

• Trade Member

A short video of my layout, Kirkmellington at the Southampton show 2016 where we ran DCC sound for the first time. Featuring SLW 24 with activedrive ZIMO chip, Digitrains Sentinel on ZIMO micro chip and Legomanbiffo Loksound V4 class 26.

https://youtu.be/A3k-FbFTg0E

We have included the New Class 20 clip just for everyones interest. 

Charlie

• Like 2