Fryers Lane - Speedlink in the '80s (P4)

Mark Forrest

• RMweb Premium

I tried that old chestnut but something is planned and I would have to take my own death to get away

Stamp your feet like a 3 year old and demand you are let out to see the grown men playing with toy trains... ;-p

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Had a really enjoyable day at our little show yesterday, really nice to meet so many people who have seen the layout on here and have watched its progress.

The layout performed reasonably well with no real dramas to report. For a moment I thought I was having issues with the big Cargowaggon derailing, but on closer inspection it was because I had the turnout set against it! The loco happily ran through, pushing the switch blades over as it went, hence me thinking the wagon was at fault.

There's a bit more to do with the couplings. Two more of the original SEEP electromagnets to replace.

Have in mind some changes to the lighting fascia (had planned to do that before yesterday, but ran out of time). Will try to get that done soon as it will bring the lighting forward of the layout front and remove some unwanted shadows. The current mix of warm and cool LED lighting worked well though (apart from when Chris got hold of the remote control for the lighting).

• Like 4

Good to see you and the Layout yesterday Mark, it was running superb every time I came around, which was many, (BTW your 20 on BCB has 3 Horns), thanks for the Stock purchase's for Kings Moreton.

• RMweb Gold

I particularly liked your disco layout lights. Great fun until you confiscated the lights controller!

Should have put your layout further away from the 'naughty step', thus away from Chris .....

• RMweb Gold

That second one is very realistic.

Thanks. Some shots / angles do work well in "monochrome".

Thanks for these, I particularly like the black and white one, very nice.

Thanks Mark. I'll sort the rest out for you.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

After a very enjoyable weekend I've no time to relax; Fryers Lane is out at another show in a couple of weeks when I'll be off up north to the Goathland show on 22nd and 23rd July

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/123049-goathland-2017-22nd-23rd-july

Careful Mark, there are people up there who will re-purpose the layout and cover it in farmhouses, sheep and grass.

Mike.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Careful Mark, there are people up there who will re-purpose the layout and cover it in farmhouses, sheep and grass.

Mike.

Looks like there are a couple of EM layouts attending, maybe I could take along a box full of blue type 2s and give them a re-purposing too?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Operating the layout solo at our SFG show last Saturday I was reminded that the slide switch to change the turnout in the left fiddle yard is a bit of a pain because you need to walk the length of the layout to change it.

post-6677-0-40872900-1499894044_thumb.jpg

The surplus items I had for sale at the show included a brand new Fulgurex point motor. No takers at the bargain price of a fiver, it came back home with me. No prizes for guessing what the plan that's starting to form in my head might be...

post-6677-0-91203400-1499894242_thumb.jpg

• Like 3