Fryers Lane - Speedlink in the '80s (P4)

Mark Forrest

• RMweb Premium

Sorry, no, that would be a Northern 142.

SuperVoyager - noisy, rattly and smelling strongly of wee. Well that was my train on Friday.

Well, I suppose it goes to show how advanced the first generation DMUs were if two subsequent generations of diesel unit still haven't been able to resolve these issues!

At least with a 101, you had the view out of the cab windows, as long as the driver hadn't pulled the blinds down.

• RMweb Premium

Both the new fiddle yards seem to be working OK, after tracing two shorts to copperclad sleepers I'd forgotten to gap; one sleeper in each fiddle yard, just to keep things symmetrical. Once that was sorted I've been able to get on with fixing some more of the buildings in position and generally tidying things up.

Main focus for the next few days is getting the stock ready and checking coupling alignment.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

An early start this morning saw the last of the wagon couplings adjusted, which just leaves the locos to have a quick look at this evening.

The large industrial building along the back of the layout got a partial repaint last night, which may then need a wash over to blend it with its surroundings. Bits of fence, wall and grass are springing up where previously there were none too.

post-6677-0-35779500-1473840141_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

An early start this morning saw the last of the wagon couplings adjusted, which just leaves the locos to have a quick look at this evening.

The large industrial building along the back of the layout got a partial repaint last night, which may then need a wash over to blend it with its surroundings. Bits of fence, wall and grass are springing up where previously there were none too.

attachicon.gif2016-09-14_09-01-24.jpg

No rush.

Mike.

• RMweb Premium

What do you want to look at them for?

You'll be sick of the sight of them come Sunday night!

Andy

• RMweb Premium
Just time to build a completely new fiddle yard.[/quote

Damian will have new fiddle yard built before he goes to the pub

Seriously, Hope it all goes well at the weekend

Terry