56xx 0-6-2T GWR TANK - SOUND

s182ggu

Good Morning

I have just purchased the above loco and plan to fit it with a sound decoder. As one who is not normally a fan of the GWR (waits for reactions!!), can anyone please advise me which would be the most appropriate sound project to load in this loco - the decoder will be a Loksound V3.5.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Hello

I got my Pannier Tank from Keytes of Essex - Im not an expert but it sounded pretty close to the prototype on the KESR - that might do the job

They are on Ebay as a shop

p.s I would put a vid clip on for you but my its my xmas present and its already been spirited away and hidden beyond my wit to avoid playing with it before the 25th - booo

Hope that helps

Chris

Good Morning

I have just purchased the above loco and plan to fit it with a sound decoder. As one who is not normally a fan of the GWR (waits for reactions!!), can anyone please advise me which would be the most appropriate sound project to load in this loco - the decoder will be a Loksound V3.5.

I think that one of the very first SWD projects was a GWR tank loco sound project. To be honest, any steam sound project that has a definitive bark to it will do for this loco. It is the whistle that defines it plus the adjustments to the project to allow for either shunting or branch line use.

Either SWD or Howes will be able to supply, I am sure.

• 1 month later...

Good Morning

I've got one of these with a Loksound V3.5 fitted, the speaker had to go on the underside of the cab roof, but it is not too visible, unless you look up from below. As for the sound project, I've got the standard SWD project loaded and it seems fine to my ears. I'll point a video camera at it and load some video for you as soon as I get a chance.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Archived