Greeley layout - astonishing !

I haven't heard of this layout before, but it's only 2 years old. It took five and half years to build! The other vids are well worth watching.

The perspectives are superb, the wealth of detail within the layout, the careful arrangement of track heights, tree lines, cuttings and river beds, together with the avoidance of too many prominent tunnels, makes this one of the best I've seen.

After I watched it I watched some vids of Pendon, and it struck me that while the standard of modelling at Pendon is higher, the way it is designed as an exhibit lets it down in comparison. The roof at Pendon is especially intrusive, where as in the Greely vid it is visible at the end, it isn't noticeable as it is black

I just had a bit of a browse on the You tube channel of the guy who uploaded this video and it is well worth a look. Great stuff even if you don't model US outline the sheer scope of some of the layouts is incredible. Puts my shelf layout to shame. :cry:

• RMweb Premium

This looks (and sounds) very familiar. Living in Oregon it would. About 3 years ago we rented a house on emergrent lake where we could here the roar of heavy freights climbing over the Siskiyou mountains. Our place was 40 odd miles from Klamath Falls which is on the other side of the Cascades! 

When I get a Saturday free I have promised to get along to Medford model rail club and photograph thier layout and post on here.  They have modeled the Medford to Klamath Falls line in all its glory. There are so many trees just like the real thing it just blows me away.

This looks (and sounds) very familiar. Living in Oregon it would.

Yes, I did wonder why a local museum in eastern Colorado modelled SP in Oregon. Whatever the reason, it's a fantastic layout. Thanks to SwissRailPassion for posting.

Archived