Following on from the ICG Geep rebuilds IM have announced Santa Fe's own rebuilds. Perfect for a multitude of shortlines as well as Santa Fe / BNSF fans

http://www.modelrailroadnews.com/news.html

From a IM press release on Facebook paint schemes will be inc ATSF, Kodachrome, BNSF stencil, BNSF H1, BAR and Kansas Central

Dan

in the US a Santa Fe modeller called Perry Lambert, under the name Santa Fe Prototypes, had started a project to do a cab / chop nose unit to fit onto a P2K Geep. This was a few years back and as I understand he had issues getting it tooled up in China and has now thrown his lot in with Railflyer so your guess is as good as mine as to whether it ever comes to fruition.

Needless to say I'm $60 down on deposits for 2 of them...

Dan

in the US a Santa Fe modeller called Perry Lambert, under the name Santa Fe Prototypes, had started a project to do a cab / chop nose unit to fit onto a P2K Geep. This was a few years back and as I understand he had issues getting it tooled up in China and has now thrown his lot in with Railflyer so your guess is as good as mine as to whether it ever comes to fruition.

Dan

Ref the above - picked up on TrainOrders.com today -  Chris Howard (Railflyer Model Prototypes) is reorganizing under the name Phoenix-Micron.

You have been warned!

Dear Dan,

Have hunted around the IM site, any clues as to how/where a pre-order could be lodged?

(I'm probably missing something really obvious, it's been a very very long few weeks at work...)

Happy Modelling,
Aim to Improve,
Prof Klyzlr

Are these only suitable for Santa Fe? How close would it be, for instance, to the Geeps (GP9s) used by SRVI on Vancouver Island?

These match ones converted by the Santa Fe in their own shops, but as others have said lots sold off.

IMRC are also doing ex IC and Family lines? geep rebuilds too, all different looking creatures.

A little like buses....

Genesis has just shown test samples of their Topeka cab geep!

Sad that Athearn / IM want to cut their own throats. Given that we'll have to pre-order esp for any shortline roads this turns into a right c##pshoot as who produces an accurate model

Dan

Sad that Athearn / IM want to cut their own throats. Given that we'll have to pre-order esp for any shortline roads this turns into a right c##pshoot as who produces an accurate model

Dan

Given that Athearn are showing tooling this weekend, and IM just has artwork, I wouldn't bet against the IM one being quietly dropped, it's clearly much further along as a project.

Archived