Blackburn

BB2 1SN

Times: 1030 to 1630

Prices: Adults ??1.50

Child ??1.00

Conc ??1.00

Features: +5 layouts, trade support, refreshments, parking

Proceeds to Career Service Funds.

Because of a problem with their own layout they have asked for help and a couple of layouts have volunteered at the last minute including my own layout 'Rederring', this will be it's first public outing though it is work in progress I am busy making it presentable for the exhibition!

I will be controlling the layout with my ECoS and TouchCab, the iPhone Wireless Throttle App currently for use with the ECoS only but a version for the Lenz is under development.

If you live local hopefully I will see you there.

Regards,

Peter

• RMweb Gold

Post show report

In the end there was only 4 layouts but a nice small friendly exhibition and was well supported by locals, it was interesting to hear so many dads who were getting in to the hobby after their sons had got a train set. One dad said his son had taken to DCC like a duck to water, and that was with a Hornby system!

Rederrring worked well after some initial loose wires and getting the levels right so the kadees worked, I must need to remember to put a spiirt level in next time! TouchCab created lots of interest and I discovered the route setting on the ECoS.

Regards,

Peter

Organisation: Blackburn with Darwen Carers Service

Oakenhurst Road

Blackburn

BB2 1SN

Times: 1030 to 1630

Prices: Adults ??1.50

Child ??1.00

Conc ??1.00

Features: +5 layouts, trade support, refreshments, parking

Proceeds to Career Service Funds.

Because of a problem with their own layout they have asked for help and a couple of layouts have volunteered at the last minute including my own layout 'Rederring', this will be it's first public outing though it is work in progress I am busy making it presentable for the exhibition!

I will be controlling the layout with my ECoS and TouchCab, the iPhone Wireless Throttle App currently for use with the ECoS only but a version for the Lenz is under development.

If you live local hopefully I will see you there.

Regards,

Peter

Intrigued to know more about the DCC control with the iPhone app?

Noting your comment about the spirit level, you can use the iPhone for that as well!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived