Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Hermann Goring?s Model Train Layout

• RMweb Premium

Kenton, on 20 Oct 2013 - 15:01, said:

.. and by reverse inference i guess you assume that those who model railways using RTR 'stuff' have a similar character to the man?

Potentially high;ly offensive to many (probably the vast majority) who do model railways using RTR 'stuff'.

Err no. The inference was that he had to have a bigger train set than everyone else and so went out and bought everything in the shop - quantity rather than quality.

I wonder if Adolf had a train set....  That would have been fun.....

At least there would have been no debate about P4 etc.  It would have been  ".....nice train Mein Fuhrer......."

...or possibly "P87? Vot vision, mein Führer. Von day all models vill be made in zis scale..." etc.

I wonder if Adolf had a train set....  That would have been fun.....

At least there would have been no debate about P4 etc.  It would have been  ".....nice train Mein Fuhrer......."

Cue for Downfall spoof.

Mein Fuhrer, Hornby, Hornby have announced that The Cock O The North will not arrive in time for Christmas, it has been pushed back to the end of the last quarter of 2014.

Edited by mow

Didnt the "wily Hun" plan a super wide gauge rail system for the Ostbahn to enable  travel to their  recently and as it turned out  temporarily acquired  eastern lands ?. i saw some sketches once  of  huge super streamlined steam locos. I am waiting for it to reappear as a modern proposal .

• RMweb Gold

Didnt the "wily Hun" plan a super wide gauge rail system for the Ostbahn to enable  travel to their  recently and as it turned out  temporarily acquired  eastern lands ?. i saw some sketches once  of  huge super streamlined steam locos. I am waiting for it to reappear as a modern proposal .

If I have it correctly there was a wild plan for a 3 metres gauge system across the Reich. Hydraulics built to that loading gauge anyone?

P

• RMweb Premium

Apparently  Adolf Galland used his fame as a fighter pilot to have a model railway set up in his quarters.

Seems the Luftwaffe were quite keen on model trains.

Andy

Apparently  Adolf Galland used his fame as a fighter pilot to have a model railway set up in his quarters.

Seems the Luftwaffe were quite keen on model trains.

Andy

Good practice .My Fathers trains got regularly straffed at during the Battle of Britain by fighters  ,probably not wanting to bring back any ammo .Dad was a fireman on the Southern .He  was also shot at  by tip and run  FW190's at Dover ,the  so called tip and run  fighters hated by one and all .Dover was dodgy place to be in the  war .

• RMweb Gold

The link to website on the initial post by OTBL shows a particularly dodgy picture of Goering in full Luftwaffe flying attire.

Kind of reminded me of this:

About 2.18 mins in to the video.

Cheers,

Mark

• RMweb Premium

See my post 33 and do the maths, it works out at 3m.

It was to be rather more extensive than just in the occupied eastern territories.

Bernard