Hello from me!

DJM Dave

Hi everyone, and thanks for taking a look at this topic.

Most of you know me, so I'm not going to bore you (lots of saying 'thank god' going on out there now), so anyway, after much speculation here I am.

My website front page is live now, which will give you an idea of the values I wish to bring to UK RTR modelling, and Saturday at 11.00 I will be announcing some new products both on the web site and in person at the TINGS show which I am attending to help a friend with his layout.

I'll post here around noon if I can with details of all the products and prices and specifications and cad/cam pictures, but bear with me if it's late as I expect to be answering lots of questions at the show.

Anyway, rest assured this venture is a huge thing for me having put my money where my mouth is, and done the deed, and I believe that RTR locomotives (at present) can reach new heights of reliability, features and detail, without being overly priced.

Please feel free to let me know either here or via the website your opinions, thoughts and even model suggestions.

Cheers and thanks

DJM Dave

• RMweb Premium

Hi Dave

Good luck with you new venture . I wouldn't want to try and influence your new models (009 :no: ). So I will just look forward to your announcements tomorrow.

Cheers

Owen 

All the very best with your new venture Dave, I am at TINGS tomorrow so will certainly try to catch up with your news.

As this is an opportunity :) to plead being hard done by to a new manufacturer, don't forget the humble (ex) LNER tank loco (Maybe an N2 or j83? The only thing anyone (Farish) currently makes  even loosely LNER is a rather clunky old J94 Austerity Tank.

Cheers

Roy

The level of CQ proposed by Dave is significant, particularly:

• all models to have a full range of spare parts available before release
  • circuit boards designed to meet the motor specs
  • all models individually tested before sent out to customers
  • tracking of manufacturing and delivery process from manufacturers

This is extremely ambitious and very pleasing to hear. Couple this with a proposed range covering 3 modelling scales and this becomes a really significant venture. Good luck Dave

• RMweb Premium

Very interesting developments. The idea of releasing the same model in different scales sounds to be a good way of using one set of research/development costs to produce more than one product, which seems quite clever!

Although the OO gauge J94 won't be of direct interest to me (the GCR didn't have any!) I can think of a few of my friends who may well be keen. I note that they will have split frame pick up and I wonder if any thought has been given to make conversion to EM or P4 nice and easy, as previous commercial split frames have sometimes been a bit difficult? 

I don't know you from Adam, Dave, but I wish you all the very best with the new venture.

Tony

Dave,

Excellent starting line-up, I'm really pleased to see a Clayton in N gauge, and a powered/dummy pair too.

I think you're just what the market needs, a quality British outline product. I'm of the sort who doesn't mind paying a bit extra for something that will work well.

I suggest an acid test for your new models. Ensure they run 'prod free' on well laid track.

I visited TINGS today. All of the layouts with the exception of the giant modular Worldwide group layout needed the hand of god at some stage.

Yes I know it was hot in there, and I know transported layouts never perform at their best on the first day, but the one layout which seemed to use exclusively continental models (I saw Fleishmann, Arnold and Trix on there) did not require one finger poke as I watched it for 20 minutes or so.Even the excellent Vale of Oxbury, with all it's new hydraulics, couldn't make that claim.

British outline models of that quality seems to be the carrot you are dangling. I really hope you succeed.

Cheers, and best luck

Dave 

Archived