1. Dover Priory, Kent.

David Todd

David.

Looking good.

However, your 3rd rail looks very high so far.

Have you tested an EMU over it.

Dave

Thanks for posting Dave,

Do agree with you about the 3rd rail,once I finish weathering the sleeper's,hopefully to night.

I will seat the pot's,without the washer's, it should the be about right.

post-13585-0-96241900-1437071967.jpg

post-13585-0-16270500-1437071969.jpg

Edited by David Todd
  • Like 1

That's very clever of you  ...............

Thanks for posting Dave,

Do agree with you about the 3rd rail,once I finish weathering the sleeper's,hopefully to night.
I will seat the pot's,without the washer's, it should the be about right.

.................   I hadn't realised you could turn the whole layout over  .... to shake those washers off, in one go    .......    :declare:  :declare:

.................   I hadn't realised you could turn the whole layout over  .... to shake those washers off, in one go    .......    :declare:  :declare:

Ahh that's what was happening, for a moment I thought ..dt.. had moved to Oz and taken the layout with him  :jester:

Ahh that's what was happening, for a moment I thought ..dt.. had moved to Oz and taken the layout with him  :jester:

Hmm, 2. Funnies, will have to check my computer, all photos are shewing correctly on the iPad,from which I have been posting.

• Like 2

The third rail makes a huge difference to the appearance of the track. Looking really good there, David.

Might be too late now but the height difference is only 3" (on the real thing)

Great layout - looks so much like the actual location.....................

Thank You both for your post's and our time

Video , I took this to see if I had missed any paint spot's on the track.

http://youtu.be/m2lLl_xHe5k

• Like 4

Very interesting article in August  "Backtrack" magazine about the "Club Train" which ran from Holborn Viaduct, St Pauls and Herne Hill to the LCDR station at Dover for transfer to a new LCDR steamer "Calais-Douvre" across to new Calais Harbour and Maritime station for the Paris Exhibition in 1889. The "Mann Boudoir cars" were built by the LCDR and owned by "Wagons Lits".

Trouble was neither the steamer nor the new harbour and Maritime station were open in time and the service never really prospered mainly because tiny little steamers were used for the Channel crossing.

There was a connecting P&O "Peninsular Express" that did Calais to Brindisi in two nights - on which a gentleman could stroll from end to end of the train stopping for chats and a cigar or two plus a snack in "the manner of train travel to come".

I wish....

dhig

{edit: poor English}

Edited by runs as required

That's going to look terrific    ......................    absolutely riveted to the screen waiting for the next step   .......................

.........   all-right, seriously, it is looking really good  ....   not sure I would have the patience for doing all those rivets 'though [actually - I am positive I would not  ...]   ........    :no:  :no: